• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So apparently child surrender boxes are a thing? I do not know whether to be appalled or Happy? So according to a story I read Carmel IN has a drop box of sorts for unwanted children? Appears response times are typically under one minute for retrieval of the child. I wonder society evolved to this point? Being a parent I can not fathom walking away from our child. ( Understanding I guess he is no longer a child) I suppose if they save a child from being in a neglected environment it’s a good thing.

Last edited:

Glock6a

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2023
    NWI
    Yes, those boxes are a thing and you should probably be happy that someone can surrender a child safely. The other option isn't better if they are dead set on getting rid of the child.

I don't have kids but I can understand someone who doesn't want a child giving them up to a possible better life. Some people do no have the resources to take care of a child or themselves. Or they simply did not want a child and couldn't terminate the pregnancy.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If a woman leaves her child in a trash can or other disrespectful place, she can be held liable for a multitude of crimes. The drop box protects the innocent life and gives mom a get out of jail free pass.

Historically, a responsible family member or neighbor would take the child and care for it until it matures. I guess we have too many places in society where there just are not responsible family, friends or neighbors.

I am happy for the good of the baby, sad that we have let society devolve to this point.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    You can surrender a baby at police fire ems stations and hospitals without the safe haven box. The box just makes it safer. We had a girl call to surrender her baby when I was working but then changed her mind last minute. We got her help from a couple groups and it turns out she's a pretty good mom now.

Glock6a

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2023
    NWI
    You can surrender a baby at police fire ems stations and hospitals without the safe haven box. The box just makes it safer. We had a girl call to surrender her baby when I was working but then changed her mind last minute. We got her help from a couple groups and it turns out she's a pretty good mom now.
    That's wonderful, man. Are you a firefighter?

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I am thinking that one sized for a teenager would be a pretty busy place.
    A friends grandfather told him all boys that reach the age of 13 should be placed in a stout oak barrel with a hole just big enough to feed him through. Then when he reaches 18, seal up the whole...

• Haha
    Reactions: Leo

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So apparently child surrender boxes are a thing? I do not know whether to be appalled or Happy? So according to a story I read Carmel IN has a drop box of sorts for unwanted children? Appears response times are typically under one minute for retrieval of the child. I wonder society evolved to this point? Being a parent I can not fathom walking away from our child. ( Understanding I guess he is no longer a child) I suppose if they save a child from being in a neglected environment it’s a good thing.

I will ask again, the state of Indiana banned abortion, what did we do to protect these kids??? The answer is not a damn thing

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I will ask again, the state of Indiana banned abortion, what did we do to protect these kids??? The answer is not a damn thing
    Whats being done for the 20,000 plus infants that are left at US hospitals each year, and most are drug addicted like their mothers?
    What can be done?

Top Bottom