• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Not a proponent of allowing adults the ability to shirk their responsibilities, but seeing how many treat an infant no different than a pet that gets dumped on a dark lonely gravel road, I see this as a partial win as a life is saved. I have issues with a society that can justify putting the financial burden on taxpayers, but deny those same taxpayers the ability to enact responses that weed out the ”adults” at issue and stop the problem before it starts. If I can’t be allowed to stop the problem, then you shouldn’t be allowed to ask me to pay for the results.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I will ask again, the state of Indiana banned abortion, what did we do to protect these kids??? The answer is not a damn thing
    Not understanding you question? While I am A Pro choice person, while not for abortion . But it’s not my place to decide what choices someone else makes with their body. I think it is very sad that abortions are done sometimes as a means to avoid personal responsibility there are alternatives out there.

But it is not my responsibility to pay for someone else’s child. As I had no role in the decision to become pregnant it’s not my responsibility to provide financial support via welfare or any other means.

Understanding there are many children out there that undeniably would be better off with different parents. There are things in the world that you can not change.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I don't believe that dropping off newborns, is something that started in our modern society.
    Correct:
    If you are a bible reader then I give you one of the oldest stories of such a thing. Different circumstances no safe box but this was long ago in history.

"The ark, containing the three-month-old baby Moses, was placed in reeds by the river bank (presumably the Nile) to protect him from the Egyptian mandate to drown every male Hebrew child, and discovered there by Pharaoh's daughter."

xXWHiSTLERXx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2023
    Anderson
    I think they do more good, it sure beats the alternative. Personally I couldn't fathom a life where my kids are not part of it. If, surrendering a child gives that child a better life than they would have had, that's a win.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I've got a 42 YO basement dweller I'd like to donate.............
    I've made it through 63+ years of life without fathering a child. It's really not that hard to avoid if you want to. Although now, I'm kind of regretting my decision, because I could use some help with the yard work! :):
    What can I say I'm a problem solver.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I will say that I was caught off guard when the nurse came in with discharge papers for the baby.

She asked if we were sure that we wanted to keep it. It really caught me off guard, she said if you change your mind you can take the baby to any fire/ems, hospital, police and they will take it no questions asked.

That hit me right in the gut.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Not understanding you question? While I am A Pro choice person, while not for abortion . But it’s not my place to decide what choices someone else makes with their body. I think it is very sad that abortions are done sometimes as a means to avoid personal responsibility there are alternatives out there.

But it is not my responsibility to pay for someone else’s child. As I had no role in the decision to become pregnant it’s not my responsibility to provide financial support via welfare or any other means.

Understanding there are many children out there that undeniably would be better off with different parents. There are things in the world that you can not change.
    Just to point out a logical fallacy in your post:

When someone chooses to become pregnant, or engage in behavior that is likely to make them pregnant, they've already made the choice. When a baby is in someone's body it is no longer their body to choose. One cannot accept the premise that abortion is "healthcare" or someone's "Choice." Abortion is ending the life that is inside a woman. It isn't a choice a woman makes with her body.
    Rape makes up around 2% of abortions, so 98% of abortions are means to avoid responsibility.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Since "erasing" the child before birth is acceptable why wouldn't this be the next logical step? This makes me sick! Of course the child is better off BUT I also think sterilizing both parents should be part of the bargain when abandoning a child.. Literally FAFO

xXWHiSTLERXx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2023
    Anderson
    I will say that I was caught off guard when the nurse came in with discharge papers for the baby.

She asked if we were sure that we wanted to keep it. It really caught me off guard, she said if you change your mind you can take the baby to any fire/ems, hospital, police and they will take it no questions asked.

That hit me right in the gut.
    That's wild, all of my sons except the last were born in catholic hospitals, so that was never mentioned... and even then when we went to community so we could get my wife's tubes tied, that wasn't mentioned... I would have taken it the same way... it would have been an absolute gut shot to me as well...

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Just to point out a logical fallacy in your post:

When someone chooses to become pregnant, or engage in behavior that is likely to make them pregnant, they've already made the choice. When a baby is in someone's body it is no longer their body to choose. One cannot accept the premise that abortion is "healthcare" or someone's "Choice." Abortion is ending the life that is inside a woman. It isn't a choice a woman makes with her body.
    Rape makes up around 2% of abortions, so 98% of abortions are means to avoid responsibility.
    No fallacy, they are making a choice what to do with their body, even if it results in the murder of an innocent child. There is no gray area or fallacy they have made a choice. Woman walks into Murder Incorporated I want an abortion. She has made a conscious choice to murder an innocent child.

I am not condoning abortion nor do I agree with it, with that being said I do not have a role in that decision. I can donate money to groups that provide free ultra sounds in an effort to convince and educate potential planned parenthood clients. Furthermore I do not consider the murder an innocent child to be Healthcare nor should I be forced to pay for it.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Since "erasing" the child before birth is acceptable why wouldn't this be the next logical step? This makes me sick! Of course the child is better off BUT I also think sterilizing both parents should be part of the bargain when abandoning a child.. Literally FAFO
    Flame me all you want for having this opinion, but I am in full agreement. Vasectomies should be sop at prisons. Furthermore I would also suggest that Hard decisions need to be made when it comes to people with IQ’s that place them barely above trainable. My wife has a student that appears to be a 20 year old young lady, when in reality she is a minor with the IQ of 6 year old. At best she will be in a group home setting.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Flame me all you want for having this opinion, but I am in full agreement. Vasectomies should be sop at prisons. Furthermore I would also suggest that Hard decisions need to be made when it comes to people with IQ’s that place them barely above trainable. My wife has a student that appears to be a 20 year old young lady, when in reality she is a minor with the IQ of 6 year old. At best she will be in a group home setting.

And there it is , you have your answer , no one wants to go there.

So for things we could actually do to help kids , how about reducing the cost of child care , restore the child tax credit , maybe offer single mothers forced to keep their kids some sort of subsidy?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    And there it is , you have your answer , no one wants to go there.

So for things we could actually do to help kids , how about reducing the cost of child care , restore the child tax credit , maybe offer single mothers forced to keep their kids some sort of subsidy?

…… listen I am all for reviewing taxes but it has nothing to do with single mothers and everything to do with overreach and reckless spending. Adoption and the drop boxes are an option:… no one is forcing anyone to KEEP a child the state isn’t letting her murder one…….

How about single fathers that want to keep their child and the pos mom goes and gets an abortion?? But then if she doesn’t get an abortion the dad is responsible for the kid (1/2)? Can’t have it both ways, or shouldn’t be able to.

EVERYONE knows what makes a child. How about a little personal responsibility?

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    No fallacy, they are making a choice what to do with their body, even if it results in the murder of an innocent child. There is no gray area or fallacy they have made a choice. Woman walks into Murder Incorporated I want an abortion. She has made a conscious choice to murder an innocent child.

I am not condoning abortion nor do I agree with it, with that being said I do not have a role in that decision. I can donate money to groups that provide free ultra sounds in an effort to convince and educate potential planned parenthood clients. Furthermore I do not consider the murder an innocent child to be Healthcare nor should I be forced to pay for it.
    Guess I misunderstood your post. My bad, no hard feelings.

Top Bottom