• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Got an email from CC that a $588 charge at HH Gregg occurred. Whoops. Call the wife, she didn't do it. I didn't do it. It was her card number that was used. Then I see a $480 Meijer charge 15 minutes before. I was 8 minutes away from HH Gregg and they said it was a plasma TV. On the phone with CC company, they said a $680 attempt was just noted at Radio Shack and was denied. Jerks. Bastards.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Doc, do you know how many security cameras are in an HH Gregg or Meijers?:D

Call the store dicks and mark the video for the right time frame. Oh, yeah, and call the coppers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Caught up with the A$$hat that took my daughters info. Passed on her SS# and ran up her card. Caught him on Video in Target. Her soon to be "X" boyfriend. Yes, he caught charges. Yes, it did not end there.
    Thieves are the lowest.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Got an email from CC that a $588 charge at HH Gregg occurred. Whoops. Call the wife, she didn't do it. I didn't do it. It was her card number that was used. Then I see a $480 Meijer charge 15 minutes before. I was 8 minutes away from HH Gregg and they said it was a plasma TV. On the phone with CC company, they said a $680 attempt was just noted at Radio Shack and was denied. Jerks. Bastards.

POS's!! Sorry to hear it doc. Hopefully camera's caught it. Any ideals on how they got the card or the ##

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Meijer keeps locally 30 days and has cameras at each register. They won't give me any information as to who it was. I said I don't need info, I want you to have your cashier write a statement, the one on southport road was helpful, 135 was not (meijer). Hh Gregg was. I think the associate wanted to help me go find them :)

another attempt at radio shack in the mall. They won't answer the phone. I'm sitting here at best buy and called target and dicks to watch for that card number and a declined card. Jerks.

we're not liable, just mad

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    It seems to happen to me a couple times a year. They won't tell you who because they know bad things would happen. I just hope these people are actually getting caught.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    It's happened to me twice. Both times Chase just refunded me the money and didnt do anything about it. It's just the cost of doing business now days.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Bastards. I hate when it happens and for some reason it has happened a few times to me. I got concerned when I got a call up from the credit card company for a 20 dollar fee to a prison in Georgia was made but not when the thieves made a 2500 dollar purchase locally. Now have it set up to notify me anytime a purchase above x amount is made.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    same thing happened to me last week. all they did was a charge to match.com for $38. my bank caught it within an hour and called me. blocked card and no more problems. I also have mine set at a $500 a day limit so they would not have gotten much.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The year my wife passed away some thief filed for her Federal tax return. They did a change of address and all. And they got it. When I inquired about the delay in receiving the refund and got a "We paid it" I inquired as to who they paid it too. I got a we can't tell you. You aren't her. I said if you are going to wait for her to complain it won't happen. she has passed way. I ended up having to send copies of her death certificate. What a FN mess. I was told that I need and file this, and file that.

I made a police report and so on. And most importantly was told I need to change her address. I filed what was requested. On the address change I asked how I was to handle that. I did not have the changed address. They said they could not give to me. Told me to write "stolen identity" in the box. I kept getting the paper work back and they send I needed the previous address. I finally said screw it. 3 years later I got a letter saying that someone had fraudulently applied for her return and got it settled. And they finally pay the estate. what a crock that I had to wait that long.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Bastards. To make you deal with that when you wanted to grieve your wife. Several of my partners had their return filed for them last year.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Thanks Doc. Timing wasn't great. I was snowed with medical bills, funeral cost. Not to mention adjusting to one income. I hope there is a special place in hell for thieves!

Top Bottom