• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I'm in the same boat as some of you on this one. I tried a few days ago as this thread suggested to do the free trial membership and I never got a confirmation email and I just tried again today, and nothing still (no confirmation emails).

Should I assume it just isn't processing for me and I should go ahead and poney up the funds?

No. It took ~two weeks for my confirmation email.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I signed up for the free 1 year. Then I joined a Rifle and Pistol club that required NRA membership. After finding out that I didn't get the insurance as a free member, I went back and did the 2 year deal. Still a very good deal, and $25 for 2 years with all the benefits is well worth it in my opinion. Just got my knife yesterday, but still no membership card and decal. My wife said "You are NOT putting that damn sticker on your truck since we live here in the Obama loving ghetto". (It's really not that bad here).

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    SHAME ON YOU

Free 1-Year NRA Membership

I disagree with joining the NRA for free. The main reason that I joined was not for what I recieved but for what I give! I know my money is going to help keep my firearms in my possesion, not a chopping factory. I know money is tight right now for a lot of people but shame on you for not willing to contribute to the most valuable resource to this web site and its members!:noway:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I disagree with joining the NRA for free. The main reason that I joined was not for what I recieved but for what I give! I know my money is going to help keep my firearms in my possesion, not a chopping factory. I know money is tight right now for a lot of people but shame on you for not willing to contribute to the most valuable resource to this web site and its members!:noway:

You might look at the NRA as a firearms owners UNION.... by joining for free you are not really helping the cause other than padding the NRA's numbers... maybe do the free thing this year, but seriously consider contributing... how about just donating 20 bucks or something, after all that money will be going to protect YOUR 2nd amendment rights.... Heller vs. DC would never have been possible without the NRA's funding... that funding came from contributing members.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    You might look at the NRA as a firearms owners UNION.... by joining for free you are not really helping the cause other than padding the NRA's numbers... maybe do the free thing this year, but seriously consider contributing... how about just donating 20 bucks or something, after all that money will be going to protect YOUR 2nd amendment rights.... Heller vs. DC would never have been possible without the NRA's funding... that funding came from contributing members.

They aren't helping the cause by taking the money we send them and sending each member literal pounds of mail a month...

but i joined anyway.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    This is not really new for the NRA(free trial membership).About five years ago I received an unsolicited offer(must have been on a mailing list they bought from) for a free year. It was the start of my current contributions to the NRA. I do agree we all should support the NRA for all they accomplish-kind of like supporting a missionary at church-they can use your money to do the work you can't.

A_Tomic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN
    djhaines,

Thanks for the NRA Bonus Offer.

I have been wanting to sign up and this was the offer that made me do it.
    just bought the 2 year membership.

Thanks for posting it.

dvcr8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Signed up for this after the original post. Got my "card" in the mail today. The free magazine showed up Tues or Weds. Never been a member, but if I like this trial year, I'll keep paying the dues..

Top Bottom