Freedom Ordnance FX-9 PCC - Problem and Solution - Customer Service?!?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Owners of these pistols: On YOUR pistols, where do the barrel threads begin in relationship to where the hand guard ends?
    It looks like about 1 inch pass the end of the hand guard ,I have seen a YouTube where a guy was running a suppressor on one

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I showed this thread to the owner last night, the only post he read was the first (he said he'd read the rest later) and got a huge smile on his face!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Finally had a chance to run the Freedom FX-9 after the repairs.

Ran like a top. Great ejection, no stoppages. Ran it slow/ran it fast.

My only "complaint" about the firearm is the bolt release is activated when the firearm is laid down with the open chamber up thus closing the bolt. I believe a small rail section mounted to the rear of the handguard will create just enough angle so that the bolt will remain open. Now to find a short rail section in the storage cabinet...

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Finally had a chance to run the Freedom FX-9 after the repairs.

Ran like a top. Great ejection, no stoppages. Ran it slow/ran it fast.

My only "complaint" about the firearm is the bolt release is activated when the firearm is laid down with the open chamber up thus closing the bolt. I believe a small rail section mounted to the rear of the handguard will create just enough angle so that the bolt will remain open. Now to find a short rail section in the storage cabinet...

I shot a fx9 carbine today, and noticed the same thing! I put it down and the bolt closed , I picked it up right away thinking I didn’t engage the bolt stop enough (I thought I just caught the edge of the bolt) so i and re engaged the bolt stop, and when I set it down again, it slammed shut!, but it was a nice gun! I might just keep my eyes open for one!

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Had a chance to run my Fx-9 pistol again today had no FTE with a couple of different factory ammo ,seems to like the factory ammo better than reloads had 1 FTE with my reloads and they where on the hot side but not quite factory's, it is a blast to shoot and very accurate ,going to give it a run at FNS we see how it likes the cold weather

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I don't think i have ever heard anyone call Chandler, Candler. However, it does look fun....other than price any reason to get this over an CZ Scorpion? I don't already have a stockpile of mags so that isn't a huge benefit for me.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I shot a fx9 carbine today, and noticed the same thing! I put it down and the bolt closed , I picked it up right away thinking I didn’t engage the bolt stop enough (I thought I just caught the edge of the bolt) so i and re engaged the bolt stop, and when I set it down again, it slammed shut!, but it was a nice gun! I might just keep my eyes open for one!

I found a short rail section and installed it near the receiver. Solves the issue unless you roll it to the top rail just wrong. All in all much better though.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I don't think i have ever heard anyone call Chandler, Candler. However, it does look fun....other than price any reason to get this over an CZ Scorpion? I don't already have a stockpile of mags so that isn't a huge benefit for me.

I would not talk anyone out of a Scorpion! The Freedom is smaller with significantly lower mags costs. Scorpion is a great platform with the less blow back suppressed and more aftermarket support.

The Freedom is well worth the money; the CZ is well worth the money. If money were no object, I would have two or three MPX's...

Wolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    New Albany
    I'm going to soon purchase a 9 mm carbine... It must run Glock mags. I'm torn between the FX-9 and the Foxtrot Mike FM-9... Anyone here have experience with both? Thoughts?

BTW... Awesome to see positive info regarding FO's customer service!

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton

I do have the CZ scorpion evo with the fake can and many up grades on it and like shooting it.But I have the FX-9 and have sights and red dot on it and I enjoy my FX-9 more it’s just a great carbine. If I had to sell one it would be the CZ first. Again this is just me and my what I like.

Lnjel1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2019
    Mishawaka
    I had some trouble with some Winchesters and blazer brass. With my fx-9 pistol. Failure to feed. Left some creases on the casing. It really liked the fiocchi 115 grain. I was really upset because i only had the blazer brass and it would not cooperate. Love this gun.

Last edited:

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I had some trouble with some Winchesters and blazer brass. With my fx-9 pistol. Failure to feed. Left some creases on the casing. It really liked the fiocchi 115 grain. I was really upset because i only had the blazer brass and it would not cooperate. Love this gun.
    I had to run about 500 rounds through mine till it would run everything I put in it, now it eats everything even my reloads

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

i'm almost positive that freedom says don't use Winchester ammo, I know for a fact they say don't use it in their belt fed upper!

I think he said (if I remember correctly) that its due to Winchester's manufacturing variances in the case length, stick with the ammo they recommend besides if your paying more for wolf steel case than you are for Winchester, your buying ammo at the wrong place!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    gonna bump this thread

fx9.jpg

got a fx9 carbine, and sighted it in yesterday, that's 10 shots (off a roll of foam rubber as a rest) at about 20 feet (yes I know not that far) she's got c-more 8 moa dot, a magpul sls stock, a tango down grip and rise armament trigger (package says 3.5 #'s, but pull gauge says 2.5#'s)

plan on shooting at the next steel challenge match (oh the ammo is wolf steel case as recommended my freedom ordnance)

my only complaint is the factory supplied sgm magazine was a total POS! I was using a Caldwell mag loader, and after loading 11 rounds, the feed lips bent, and now that mags toast! good thing ive got plenty of glock 19 mags

I shot her on july 4th at the range with some 4 reticule sight (you know the cheep 40-50 dollar one that's really worth about 10 bucks) and the sight wouldn't hold zero, so happy birthday to me (and from midway usa) I bought the c-more (its my 3rd on competition guns), I think she'll be just fine for steel challenge!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    got a fx9 carbine, and sighted it in yesterday, that's 10 shots (off a roll of foam rubber as a rest) at about 20 feet (yes I know not that far) she's got c-more 8 moa dot, a magpul sls stock, a tango down grip and rise armament trigger (package says 3.5 #'s, but pull gauge says 2.5#'s)....

That's pretty consistent with mine. I didn't write it down but it seems like groups were generally less than 3" at 50 yards with a red dot. Could probably do better with magnification. All in all, the gun remains a solid performer for me.

Top Bottom