Freedom Ordnance FX-9 PCC - Problem and Solution - Customer Service?!?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinger5560

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Columbia City
    I will say this about my customer service experience so far with Freedom Ordnance has been amazing, they answered my emails quickly and had a packing label for me to ship out the upper asap. I am glad that they are in Indiana so the shipping and turn around time for repairs shouldn't be that long. I am hoping they receive it Friday this week. Still better customer service from them than most firearms companies that I have dealt with over the years.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I will say this about my customer service experience so far with Freedom Ordnance has been amazing, they answered my emails quickly and had a packing label for me to ship out the upper asap. I am glad that they are in Indiana so the shipping and turn around time for repairs shouldn't be that long. I am hoping they receive it Friday this week. Still better customer service from them than most firearms companies that I have dealt with over the years.

Good to hear, and a large part of why I chose their product when I was evaluating various PDWs in 9mm. Keep us posted.

Pinger5560

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Columbia City
    Well the replaced my barrel with a gen 2 barrel, and a gen 2 Bolt, with a new feed ramp that I installed after I got my upper back. Then I go to the range and I get one malfunction after another, was like wtf. So I inspected the whole pistol. Discovered that the ejector came really loose and was causing Stovepipes and double feeds and all kinds of strange issues. So I went back and emailed them, but instead of sending it back in, I blue Loc-tight the ejector and tightened it down to 35" lbs. This solved the feeding issues right away. I still have the charging handle issue, I forgot the replace the charging handle latch but that still comes loose at times when shooting and comes back to kiss me on my nose at times. Besides that great customer service and I liked that they sent me a video showing them shoot my upper after the repairs. So I knew something was up with the lower at the range that day.

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    Well the replaced my barrel with a gen 2 barrel, and a gen 2 Bolt, with a new feed ramp that I installed after I got my upper back. Then I go to the range and I get one malfunction after another, was like wtf. So I inspected the whole pistol. Discovered that the ejector came really loose and was causing Stovepipes and double feeds and all kinds of strange issues. So I went back and emailed them, but instead of sending it back in, I blue Loc-tight the ejector and tightened it down to 35" lbs. This solved the feeding issues right away. I still have the charging handle issue, I forgot the replace the charging handle latch but that still comes loose at times when shooting and comes back to kiss me on my nose at times. Besides that great customer service and I liked that they sent me a video showing them shoot my upper after the repairs. So I knew something was up with the lower at the range that day.
    I'm sorry to hear that your ejector was not properly torqued down upon receiving it. We have implemented new torque gauges in the assembly area and have had a couple personnel moves around the shop recently. As for the charging handle issue, we have recently (last week) procured a new heavier spring for its latch and are currently in the process of designing a new truly ambidextrous unit (no ETA yet). Our customer service representative is top notch and always goes the extra mile to ensure complete satisfaction.
    - Adam
    General Manager
    Freedom Ordnance

NICKT93

Plinker
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    MORGAN CO
    I have to relate to all my OUTSTANDING customer service with a Chandler, Indiana company.

I recently picked up a Freedom Ordnance FX-9 from a fellow INGO’er. Gun ran like a top, was accurate and a blast to shoot with the exception of a couple FTE issues which started several hundred rounds into use.

Figured I would contact Freedom Ordnance and buy some parts for a fix. My experience with customer service and warranty claims is generally not positive and I was more than happy to pay and replace, as needed. My recent experience with Freedom Ordnance, conversely, stands out as the best customer service experience I have ever had.

If you are looking for a budget friendly PCC, you must check out: https://freedomordnance.com/

Below is the timeline. They provided prompt and regular updates and had the part in their possession for maybe four days and that INCLUDED Christmas. Plus, who takes the time to send a video on a minor issue like this?

Day 1: Had this odd FTE and noticed the extractor did not have proper spring tension. Spring wasn’t broke or worn. Something was “not right”.

Day 2: Emailed Freedom Ordnance with a description of the issue and requesting a replacement part.

Day 3: Received a reply with a shipping label to send the bolt assembly back.

Day 6 : Bolt assembly shipped.

Day 8: Received email stating they had received the bolt and would check it over.

Day 9: Christmas

Day 11: Received an email indicting they had found a tolerance issue, corrected it and was returning the repaired bolt assembly along with a new hammer. They also sent a video of the bolt functioning properly in a test gun with identifying information.

Day 13: Received repaired part and new hammer.

I have not ran the part yet but the extractor function is now what you would expect and I fully expect the firearm to function 100%.

:rockwoot::ar15::rockwoot:

timthumb.php

Glad to hear this, been wanting a AR9 for awhile so this has some weight has to which brand I will choose.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm sorry to hear that your ejector was not properly torqued down upon receiving it. We have implemented new torque gauges in the assembly area and have had a couple personnel moves around the shop recently. As for the charging handle issue, we have recently (last week) procured a new heavier spring for its latch and are currently in the process of designing a new truly ambidextrous unit (no ETA yet). Our customer service representative is top notch and always goes the extra mile to ensure complete satisfaction.
    - Adam
    General Manager
    Freedom Ordnance

Adam, nice to see you are on INGO. Definitely appreciate the outreach. One of the major reasons I bought Freedom Ordnance was that you were in Indiana. Should those of us with existing FX-9 pistols contact you to get new spring/charging handle, etc? Thank you.

Pinger5560

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Columbia City
    Adam,
    I am at this time still experiencing issues with the charging handle, I just sent a email with pictures to FO warranty department. The pistol functions fine but the charging handle keeps coming loose and hitting me in the nose every time. I just put 500+ rounds through it today and the area where the latch is supposed to latch into the upper is getting really worn out. I am currently going to gunsmith school through SDI and asked if possible if I could receive a new blank upper and charging handle with updated spring. I was told that the spring was replaced in the charging handle when I shipped in the upper about just over a month ago. I can with no issues replace the current upper parts into a new blank upper, I could use this for a class project perhaps. This would also get me some more hands on experience with the FX9 and the AR9 platform of firearms.

Attachments

• 20200413_154731.jpg
      20200413_154731.jpg
      4.9 KB · Views: 14
    • 20200413_154741.jpg
      20200413_154741.jpg
      3.7 KB · Views: 18

daventos

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 23, 2017
    Bedford
    I just bought a new FX-9. My bolt hold open quit working on my first range trip after about 300 rounds. I disassembled the gun when I got home and e-mailed a picture of the part to Freedom Ordnance. I received an email the next day in which they offered to send the parts I needed along with video instructions or a return label to have them fix it. I chose to do it myself. The parts should arrive in a day or two and with the video they sent I know I will have no trouble fixing it. I work in a factory and know that things can sometimes make it out that are less than perfect. I think Freedom Ordnance did great job fixing my issue and from what I have read I really doubt I will have any others problems with the gun.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    I got mine the first Saturday that they came out. It would double tap which is very,very cool but not right. I e mailed them they sent a return label. I could not send for a couple of days during that time they e- mailed me asking if everything was ok with me they did not receive my fx. I sent it back on Monday and got it back on the next Wednesday.
    There customer service is outstanding. They also sent me a firing pin spring out of the clear blue with a hand written note saying thank you for buying there FX-9.
    I have a kel tec, CZ scorpion Evo and my freedom arms FX-9. I will always have the FX-9 it just runs great and the cool factor is off the charts.

How do you compare this to your CZ scorpion?

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    How do you compare this to your CZ scorpion?

I really like my FX the only thing about it. They have a bull barrel which put a lot of weight out front. But it’s patterned after a AR so the controls are some what a like, FX mag release is the best for us right hand shooters. And it takes glock mags which you can always find.
    I do like it better than the evo which I have thought about selling.
    I hope you are back to 100% now. And as always you are welcome to shoot my FX anytime.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Love my fx9 pistol. I put a Timney AR9 flat single stage trigger and a Geissele super 42 braided buffer spring to soften the AR "thang" and it's a fun to shoot. I met a few people on the range that have shot mine and convinced them they needed one!

Lnjel1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2019
    Mishawaka
    Update!!

I had some trouble with some Winchesters and blazer brass. With my fx-9 pistol. Failure to feed. Left some creases on the casing. It really liked the fiocchi 115 grain. I was really upset because i only had the blazer brass and it would not cooperate. Love this gun.

After several different things. A friend told me to stretch the buffer spring. Told me the spring wasn't holding the BCG forward causing the round to not seat properly. Haven't had a problem since.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Anyone had luck removing the faux suppressor from theirs? I want to put mlok accessories on but there isn’t enough clearance.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    After several different things. A friend told me to stretch the buffer spring. Told me the spring wasn't holding the BCG forward causing the round to not seat properly. Haven't had a problem since.

The fx9 would not take one of the new silent recoil assemblies but it did love the geissele braided recoil spring. It greatly softened the ar thwang and cycles well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I tried to remove the flash hider on mine (carbine) and I pulled my workbench off the floor! Ito get it off a gunsmith locked it in a barrel clamp, heated it with a heat gun and after 20 minutes it finally came off! When I texted my friend who works at freedom and asked who tightened it Superman?, he said it was just to their specs.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I tried to remove the flash hider on mine (carbine) and I pulled my workbench off the floor! Ito get it off a gunsmith locked it in a barrel clamp, heated it with a heat gun and after 20 minutes it finally came off! When I texted my friend who works at freedom and asked who tightened it Superman?, he said it was just to their specs.

So someone at FO was born on Krypton?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom