• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    What a day...State Capital 10-12... Lunch... Gun store looking, Friday Night steel. Sounds like a great day. Any chance for a free shoot if you go to the State Capital? Hand out coupons at the state capital. Get a 2 for 1 shoot or something to get more out shooting.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    What a day...State Capital 10-12... Lunch... Gun store looking, Friday Night steel. Sounds like a great day. Any chance for a free shoot if you go to the State Capital? Hand out coupons at the state capital. Get a 2 for 1 shoot or something to get more out shooting.

No thanks. While I support the rally, the match needs to make money to support the range and to be able to continue to buy new targets. It sounds like even without giving away free tickets, we may have a pretty high turnout.

That being said, it would be a great place to advertise to our core demographic.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    What are you bringing? I've been seriously considering breaking out the 870 for this one.

I only have one shotgun. Its an 870 Wingmaster. 26" fixed choke barrel. 12ga, 4+1 capacity. So, Ill have to reload on every string. Probably not going to win the class or anything. I just thought it would be fun.

I rarely shoot it. It just sits in the closet most of the time. It comes out ocassionally for a round of skeet or clays.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I may stop by and harrass everyone since ill be working....

Quick, hide everything....

The-Fuzz-Is-Coming.jpg

:abused:

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    UPDATE - Change in plans for the weekend. Long time friend lost his battle w/ Cancer on Wednesday afternoon. Visitation is Friday w/ Services on Saturday.

Less fun, but more important for me to support his family. (Son graduated a yr behind me + the son & I sang together in a a capella group for several years.)

I'll try again in March, I guess...

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I only have one shotgun. Its an 870 Wingmaster. 26" fixed choke barrel. 12ga, 4+1 capacity. So, Ill have to reload on every string. Probably not going to win the class or anything. I just thought it would be fun.

I rarely shoot it. It just sits in the closet most of the time. It comes out ocassionally for a round of skeet or clays.

Please keep in mind that if you have to reload on every string (not just between strings, but also while shooting) that it really slows down the match for everyone. While we want to be as welcoming as possible, we also don't want the match to run super late or for one squad to take much more time than the others and thus back up the whole match.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Please keep in mind that if you have to reload on every string (not just between strings, but also while shooting) that it really slows down the match for everyone. While we want to be as welcoming as possible, we also don't want the match to run super late or for one squad to take much more time than the others and thus back up the whole match.

Assuming most stages can be shot in 6-8 rounds, I will just quickly drop one in the action to finish the string. I expect to complete each string well under the allotted 30 seconds. If that isnt the case, I will graciously, and understandingly, bow out of the competition to spare the other shooters from waiting on me.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Assuming most stages can be shot in 6-8 rounds, I will just quickly drop one in the action to finish the string. I expect to complete each string well under the allotted 30 seconds. If that isnt the case, I will graciously, and understandingly, bow out of the competition to spare the other shooters from waiting on me.

Thanks for understanding. I hope people (not just you, but anybody reading this) get the message that this isn't about the person, but simply about the gear and keeping the match running smoothly.

That being said, your same 870 with an extended tube like the ones from Nordic Components shown below would work great for our competition.

12668203816811541813102.jpeg

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Thanks for understanding. I hope people (not just you, but anybody reading this) get the message that this isn't about the person, but simply about the gear and keeping the match running smoothly.

That being said, your same 870 with an extended tube like the ones from Nordic Components shown below would work great for our competition.

12668203816811541813102.jpeg

If you bring me one I'll run it. :) This is just a cheap shotgun I picked up awhile back. Havent really considered tricking it out. I really don't think my times will be an issue. I've been keeping up in the Production Pistol class shooting most of it one handed and off-handed. I am confident I wont hold anyone back tomorrow. If I do, no problem.

I just come out to shoot for fun and practice.

Top Bottom