• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My thought with the 3 levels was to prevent/limit the bending over. Ex. the stage would require shooting through the triangle, then the square, and finally one of the slots. (Top row for the taller shooters, middle row for average height, and bottom row for shorter height and juniors.)

Chris,
    Thank you for taking the time to present an idea. I think you are on to something that we could work into the mix occasionally. Let's try to get a materials list together and create a plan for volunteer day. Hopefully other FNS regulars will come up with their own designs we can try too.
    No design is going to be perfect from the start, but if we were too scared to try new things, Friday Night Steel would have never been created. I applaud you taking the time to help us continuously improve.
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

rala

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Evansville
    I'm not against the barricade. Or for it for that matter. I'm saying it needs to be carefully thought out and tested before introducing to the program.

Having scorekeepers calling hits is not a bad idea. In the more formal shooting sports the RO's concerns in order of priority are: Gun, Shooter safety, other's safety, targets.

to the 2 gents with M&P 9s I have one with extra magazines- Your welcome to borrow them for match. Just give a shout when you decide to come.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm not against the barricade. Or for it for that matter. I'm saying it needs to be carefully thought out and tested before introducing to the program.

Having scorekeepers calling hits is not a bad idea. In the more formal shooting sports the RO's concerns in order of priority are: Gun, Shooter safety, other's safety, targets.

to the 2 gents with M&P 9s I have one with extra magazines- Your welcome to borrow them for match. Just give a shout when you decide to come.

Moving forward, we're planning on keeping the scoring process just like we've always done. If a shooter would like to ask the RO to "call hits", they need to specifically ask the RO before they shoot (every stage). Where this can become a problem is when the RO goofs up, forgets to call hits, etc. It's also possible for RO's not to be able to say the words as fast as some shooters shoot (especially 22 rifle guys).

Personally, I shoot 9mm because I like to hear the "ding" from every target, to ensure I don't leave it up to the RO to decide if I hit the target. I don't like having the RO "poll the audience" to see if somebody hit, as I've seen too many shooters' buddies say "Oh, yah I think he got it...:n00b:". Much like Football or Basketball, I trust the RO's to be as fair as possible, but I also understand that they may make a bad call once in a while. I try not to let it disrupt my match, and try instead to focus on the next string of fire where I have some control over my results.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

Thanks! I'll ask when I come.

Top Bottom