• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    Thanks for getting the results posted so quickly, looks like I've got a lot of work to do as I am dead last in single stack. Oh well, learned a lot and had a good time. Special thanks to RO Bob Latini who helped me through it all and gave me some pointers on how to shoot a 1911 correctly.

Edit to add.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Guys,
    What do you think of building a new prop (barricade, fake car, etc., etc.) on volunteer day this year? I'd love to have something other than the old barricade to use at FNS to mix things up a little. I'm open to suggestions, but I'd love to have it replicate a common self defense scenario, if possible. Thoughts?
    If we can come up with some ideas, I'd be happy to create a post in the MCFG subforum so that we can organize to get lumber, schedule help, etc.
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    My preference is a 3" or 4" 1911, but had to take the newest toy for a ride. Been curious about the M&P series, too... And I can hit you better with a baseball at 25 yards than with anything .40 at 10 yards. That round and I just don't get along... LoL

I borrowed a couple 1911s to shoot at FNS but due to my lack of experience with them my performance wasn't very spectacular. I'm enjoying the M&P, it is a sweet shooting gun. I've been shooting Glocks in .40 since '96 but I could still use some work with it.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Guys,
    What do you think of building a new prop (barricade, fake car, etc., etc.) on volunteer day this year? I'd love to have something other than the old barricade to use at FNS to mix things up a little. I'm open to suggestions, but I'd love to have it replicate a common self defense scenario, if possible. Thoughts?
    If we can come up with some ideas, I'd be happy to create a post in the MCFG subforum so that we can organize to get lumber, schedule help, etc.
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

We do courses of fire while seated in a vehicle at firearms inservice. It isn't easy, but it is great practice. I think people would enjoy a car silhouette to shoot from.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Just having a stage that would require being seated behind something would be an interesting time.

Maybe even a stage where the targets are obstructed by a barricade? Mimic a few people behind a car & get head shots? Have the shooter seated instead of kneeling behind something. Keeps the heights more natural.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Just having a stage that would require being seated behind something would be an interesting time.

Maybe even a stage where the targets are obstructed by a barricade? Mimic a few people behind a car & get head shots? Have the shooter seated instead of kneeling behind something. Keeps the heights more natural.

And maybe we can even require people to wear fishing vests :):

wolfy25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Indy
    Great match, the new stages were great as well (steel challenge style). Thanks for the compliment, it was a very close race in limited 4s 1-3 and ~.5s 1-2 nice job by all.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Gotcha. I was thinking about something made from plywood that costs <$100... Might have to go back to the old drawing board for this one.

If you just simulate the front half of the car you should be able to get it done with one sheet of 4x8 plywood and some 2x4 pieces for a frame/base.

As far as the actual shooting part, drawing and turning to face the targets will violate the 180 degree rule.

wolfy25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Indy
    How about a more pistol oriented (wider slots) version of the VTAC barricade. You could set up strings like the current barricade where one string is shot from each port, or you could have different plates be engaged from different ports.

barricade-textured.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkbCMtTaPaU

Last edited:

harokyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    How about a more pistol oriented (wider slots) version of the VTAC barricade. You could set up strings like the current barricade where one string is shot from each port, or you could have different plates be engaged from different ports.

barricade-textured.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkbCMtTaPaU
    I like that, it seems really interesting having to shoot sideways and from the ground.
    super nice shootin by the way and good talkin to ya

Top Bottom