Friends encounter with police after drawing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You are allowed to keep your drivers license, LTCH and gun but
    you are now required to turn in your man card for participating in "soccer".

I keed, I keed. :):

Yeah, don't go back. It's just too risky.
    Nobody will fight mano-a-mano anymore (see what I did there?)
    It's a pack culture mentality in todays world.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    This happened Wednesday night at 8pm. There were no cops on scene but 8 arrived within minutes.

I talked to the staff there this morning, they are supposedly going to have security there for all night leagues from now on:dunno:

I've never had any problems there during my kids games, in fact they play this Wed. night, I'll make sure I'm armed just like always

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I talked to the staff there this morning, they are supposedly going to have security there for all night leagues from now on:dunno:

I've never had any problems there during my kids games, in fact they play this Wed. night, I'll make sure I'm armed just like always

I haven't been there to see the atmosphere but i would assume its only like this in the adult league there. I know his games are usually anywhere from 8 to 10pm

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I played there 20 years ago and why we had a few arguments we never had a fight, I know they have had a few problems there in the last few years, but it was usually during the Friday open league

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    People definitely vote with their feet and their wallet. I used to play "recreation league" hockey and had a similar experience. You'd run into people who were having a bad day and decided to take a swipe at you. Unfortunately, in hockey that can mean a broken wrist (slashing), concussion (cross checking), broken nose (punching, puck), etc... Since it's awfully hard to do my job when you're on crutches (ask me how I know), I voted with my feet and wallet and got out of there.

While it's a great sport when played with your friends, the fact that you can't control "the other guy" made me decide it wasn't a life sport for me. Only you can decide if a fun Wednesday night is worth the potential risk.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    VERY stupid on ur friends part!! I'm trying to figure out his reasoning for pulling his weapon. This situation could have been ALOT worse.

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    I used to play in basketball leagues in Plainfield behind the original Galyans store. It got to the point that the refs were only there to collect their $20.00/game and didn't care what was going on during the game. Games would get out of hand because of it. I was afraid that I would be walking out the door after a game and into a fight, or worse gun fire. I decided it wasn't worth playing there anymore.

chicken89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    not to hijack the thread, didn't see anyother place to request info... i have been wanting to get back into playing soccer- indoor and outdoor
    29 y/o male, with college experience (though small college). can play any position. live in shelbyville (so westside is out, north is close to out also, depends on distance)
    please email me at hcicken89@yahoo.com if you need another person.

RTroy29035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Personally I would not go back again. Just because I carry a weapon doesn't mean I go and place myself in a dangerous situation.
    My handgun in simply a tool but my greatest weapon is my mind.

Top Bottom