• Status
    Not open for further replies.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Youd think the DNR would be a bit more logical about firearms than the rest of our countries policing body. Guess not :dunno:

They also have a very strict rule on NOT handling any firearms during the cease fires and they don't allow drawing from a holster... Considering I have never been there and saw more than (1) range officer on duty, my guess would be these are in place to make their job a bit easier.

IMO, the days they are packed, they really have their hands full there. I have seen 30+ shooters on the line and the poor range officer is responsible for what goes on out there ALONG with checking in new shooters AND keeping an eye on the trap range.

Looking forward to Sunday. Hope the weather is decent. I will arrive a bit early and won't be able to stay too late. I will list what I will bring in case someone wants to try something... As long as I haven't shot all my ammo by 1:00 :D , anyone would be free to try anything...

G32
    G19
    XD-9 service
    XD-45 Tactical
    Ruger MK II
    ATI .45 ACP (commander sized)
    Ruger redhawk .45 LC
    Ruger Redhawk .44 mag

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I totally understand not handling in a cease fire from a RO perspective... im just curious as to how it makes sense that you can hold a loaded gun in your hands, but cant keep one in a holster. Just strange logic :dunno:

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    We have a few guys stop in and buy some ammo for this. I am not sure if I will make it out there, but from what the guys who stopped in said, it will be a good time.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I totally understand not handling in a cease fire from a RO perspective... im just curious as to how it makes sense that you can hold a loaded gun in your hands, but cant keep one in a holster. Just strange logic :dunno:

My guess is it's the typical 1% that blew it for everyone...

Also, at the ceasefires ( about every 10 minutes if busy ), the rules require all actions open / slides locked to rear, and no handling of any firearm... The range officer wouldn't have time to differentiate between whats on the firing line, back behind the firing line, and whats in someones holster...

I'm not defending their policy on this, but I am just trying to be in their position with that many shooters and always seem to be one or two idiots out there.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    We have a few guys stop in and buy some ammo for this. I am not sure if I will make it out there, but from what the guys who stopped in said, it will be a good time.

If you bring that 7.62 Machine Gun from the silencer demonstration I will distract the RO so you guys can shoot it! Only catch is you gotta shoulder fire it!! :ar15:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The PKM requires no distraction!!!

How about 1 handed?

In all reality, it's a shame you can't to FA at Roush.

Then Roush would look like this:
    ORD_M240_and_PKM_in_ING_Training_lg.jpg

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To all that will be meeting up at Liberty Diner to eat before the range trip:

We have a side room reserved for us under INGO. So for anyone that has not been to a meetup before that may not recognize the rest of us you can tell the hostess you are there with INGO and they will direct you to the room.

Looking forward to this!!! :rockwoot:

:ingo:

SmallTownGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Roanoke
    Ended up finding a boat load of bird shot that was stashed away with my stuff. Anybody down for some clays? I got plenty of shells to go around. Also I got 100 shells of 20 gauge bird shot if anyone would want to trade for some 9mm, I'm out of that haha.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I learned four very important things today. 1st- Don't order the Country Fried Steak & Eggs meal at Liberty Diner unless you haven't had anything to eat in like 2 weeks, portions are very big! 2nd-My GSG 1911 likes Remington Thunderbolt .22LR ammo (thanks to Drakkule for helping me find that out), but hates everything else I have fed it. 3rd-I really really really like the Kel-Tec PMR30 that Armed-N-Ready had with him. Now I have to find one somewhere, considering selling my left arm to get one (I can still shoot one handed, right?). And last but not least It was really nice to meet all of you awesome INGO members today and look forward to the next time. Sincerely T-DOGG (please please call me Travis though)

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Sorry I couldnt make it today. Hope you guys had fun!

I guess the .01% got you!

Today was a pretty cool day with good people. T-Dogg, I mean Travis, got to eat a meal for three! Learned why Armed-n-Ready is called Armed-n-ready! Got to go to Roush for the first time, great range. Got to shoot my guns, Lotsofglocks let me shoot a Glock, JohnP82 let me shoot his AR (finally).

Hungry and tired now, gonna go eat and take a nap! Thanks John for setting this up!!

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Had a great time. Now the work... Many guns to clean and alot of brass to sort and tumble...

Was great seeing everyone again and meeting a few new faces.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Had a great time today.

The food was good and plentiful although I think Travis should have ordered more food. It was crowded but with all the sharing that went on it wasn't too bad. Plenty of time to get to know some new friends and rest my trigger finger. The Taurus 740 Slim moved up a notch or two on my list. I've been to a few of these and have always been impressed with how friendly and open everyone is (Robert Heinlein was right "an armed society is a polite society). It was great to put a face with the names on INGO. Looking forward to our next outing. Thanks again to John for getting this set up and organized.:ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom