• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    Going to buy a full size 9mm. Looking for all your feedback on what you think is the best gun around $600.

Been looking at:

Glock 17, I have a Glock 22 and like it.

S&W M&P

Springfield XD

Ruger SR9

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Those are all great guns. Shoot them and pick the one you like the best, you really can't go wrong.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    first off these are all fine pistols you have listed. they will all do the job and do it well. each has thier following also. i also had to decide and i checked them all out as well. i personally liked the feel and options of the ruger sr family. i went with the sr9c because it just fit. 1200 rounds later i have no regrets. i say check them all out and shoot them if you can and make a desicion based on what you find.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    I do plan on checking them all out. See how they feel in my hand. See how the trigger feels. Don't think I will have a chance to shoot them tho :(

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    All are great so you can't really go wrong. I like Glock so the G17 would be my choice, but go with what feels best to you. Since you already own the G22 and say you like it then I would say the G17 would be good since it is the same exact gun just different caliber. Good luck with your decision.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    If you're not opposed to steel guns, may I suggest, Beretta 92FS, CZ75 and Browning Hi Power. I've had them all and they were flawless, but heavy.

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    I had the same dilemma as you. I wound up choosing the Ruger SR9 and have no regrets. If you are like me you will know after looking at each gun and when you hold them. That is how I knew I liked the Ruger. It seemed as if it was built just for me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Going to buy a full size 9mm. Looking for all your feedback on what you think is the best gun around $600.

Been looking at:

Glock 17, I have a Glock 22 and like it.

S&W M&P

Springfield XD

Ruger SR9

The best gun is the one that YOU like...don't be relying on some "internet expert". There are plenty of reviews out there already on all of those plus more.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'd say either the M&P9 or G17. I own both and I love Glock and I just purchased an M&P9 Pro Series with the 4 1/4" barrel and I really like it. It fits me better than the 17 with the large insert and I seem to shoot it much better, too but that has to do with how the gun fits me more than anything mechanical with the M&P.

The advantage of going with the G17 is that your holster and mag pouches and everything else you have will work with the stuff you already have for the G22; but there is a slight change the M&P could fit depending on brand of holster. I currently carry and use for competition the Glock Sport/Combat holster and all my Glocks and now my M&P will work it there, too.

I will add that if you are going to look at the M&P look at the Pro Series either in 4 1/4 or 5" barrel...better trigger and you either get fiber optic sites or night sites depending on the model. I have the 4 1/4 with night sites and I'm in love! Be sure to post what you end up getting and have a pic or two!

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    I have most of the guns mentioned, but love both of my PX4 Storms. :rockwoot:

Yeah, definitely check out the Beretta px4. It's in the same class as the others you mentioned. Same price range & quality, etc.

The other vote I'd made is to stick with the same platform you have, so that would be the G17. It's nice to work with similar weapons platforms so you aren't switching between striker and da/sa or thumb safety and no safety, etc. Plus, if you do the same caliber, the mags are interchangeable.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    And I do plan on looking at all the guns and seeing how they feel in my hand and how the trigger feels, but I like to here everyones opinion on them.

Top Bottom