• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I do plan on checking them all out. See how they feel in my hand. See how the trigger feels. Don't think I will have a chance to shoot them tho :(

Try to get to one of the meet and shoots in NWI. Many have these pistols and they are willing to let you shoot them. I KNOW there is someone in NWI that has the M&P 9.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    As others have said, all great options. I love my XD9 Tactical. I compared it to the Glock and TO ME it feels so much better and i feel a lot more confident with it. This leads to me shooting the XD better. But if you like your Glock, why not stick to what works?

RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    Thousands of rounds through my Gen 2 Glock 17 and I have never had a jam or failure of any kind...except when my wife shoots with a weaker grip which sometimes causes a failure to eject.

If you have $600 definitely go with the the G17 early Gen 3 or Gen 2...and you should have plenty of money left to do put night sites on, by a few extra magazines, could put an extended mag release or slide stop.

And I have heard some people upgrading the trigger, which isn't all that costly. You could come away with a lifetime glock for around $600...go for it!!!!

Personally, the G19 is a good mix as it can have extended mags/spacers to make it feel full size but for the days you want to carry, bump it back down to a regular cap magazine which is a little shorter.

Enjoy!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Ruger P95D
    Accurate, light, easy to clean, fits well in the hand (especially with a Hogue), good sights, extremely reliable. Has eaten everything without a hiccup. Decock safety, so it's always ready for a DA first shot.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Add a 9mm conversion barrel to your G22 and you would still have enough left to consider many options.

Might look at the FN line. In your price range, larger framed, and very accurate.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    WALTHER P-88 is a full size 9MM gun, & it shoots like a target gun:rockwoot:BUT it doesn't have a frame mounted thumb safety:(

I know the P88 is a full size. I just want to see a size comparison picture with the M13, since I have a M13 and am thinking of buying a P88 without seeing it in person first. Since you have both thought you could post a side by side picture of them.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I know the P88 is a full size. I just want to see a size comparison picture with the M13, since I have a M13 and am thinking of buying a P88 without seeing it in person first. Since you have both thought you could post a side by side picture of them.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow & email them to you:yesway:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    What is the difference between the M&P and the M&P Pro?

Depending on the model the Pro series in either 4.25" barrel or 5" barrel with have night sites or fiber optic front site; it will also NOT have an internal lock or magazine safety, either. Also it has a performance center trigger and some sweet gold lettering on the slide :yesway:

Top Bottom