Funniest And/Or Strangest Thing You Saw While Fishing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The wife and I saw a young couple engaging in intercourse below the Mississinewa dam in the middle of the night with dozens of of people (walleye run time) within just yards of them.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    My daughter did this a few weeks ago. Never seen anything like it.

Its a little hard to tell, but the hook threaded the eye TWICE and somehow is sitting facing the wrong direction. Little fella didn't make it.

IMAG0067.jpg

under32hurts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Central IN
    We were at a small pond on private property, camping, having a few brews and cat fishing at night. We had a few jugs out (i know, i don't do this anymore). The bank we were camping on was a very steep and sandy. two or three feet out and you were chest deep. a friend of mine was getting in the flat bottom boat to check a few jugs, i was waiting on him when. he got in the boat, fell in the water and climbed back in over the side of the boat. I saw the entire thing. but to all our surprise, he was only wet from his waist up.....i can't explain it to this day...truly one of the strangest things i have ever seen on a fishing trip...

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    We were at a small pond on private property, camping, having a few brews and cat fishing at night. We had a few jugs out (i know, i don't do this anymore). The bank we were camping on was a very steep and sandy. two or three feet out and you were chest deep. a friend of mine was getting in the flat bottom boat to check a few jugs, i was waiting on him when. he got in the boat, fell in the water and climbed back in over the side of the boat. I saw the entire thing. but to all our surprise, he was only wet from his waist up.....i can't explain it to this day...truly one of the strangest things i have ever seen on a fishing trip...

What's wrong with juggin:dunno:

casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Nothing new? I know people have been out fishing - somebody has to have seen something strange. (And I need something to read at work, I already read similar threads on ifish and thehighroad.)

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Giant human-looking footprints in the mud by the edge of a lake. I was in Scouts as a kid and our Troop went to a lake in Illinois (if I'm remembering it correctly) and some of us were down by the lake and saw this. Pretty creepy since the footprints were probably close to 18" long.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Giant human-looking footprints in the mud by the edge of a lake. I was in Scouts as a kid and our Troop went to a lake in Illinois (if I'm remembering it correctly) and some of us were down by the lake and saw this. Pretty creepy since the footprints were probably close to 18" long.
    what year was this? if it was the early 90's, you could have seen will perdue footprints; that guy wore like a size 21 shoe.

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    My buddy Russ and I were skipping class while attending Vincennes and fishing for trout in the Sulliven strip pits. Out of the blue it started pouring down rain no big deal since we were 8 beers into a 12 pack. Rain stopped and a huge rainbow came out , we were like man thats awesome. Next a giant and I mean giant 10 point walks down the water and swam across the pit. Got out on the other side

So we have a big buck swimming across this pond with a rainbow over him -- No it wasnt the beer .. .it was one of the coolest things I have ever seen . We caught our limit to top things off

WillyUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Last Fri night me and some buddies were going bowfishing launching boat out of dogtown, and while we were about to back ours in a guy pulled his truck back and stopped to go clear a log out of the way. His trailor was about 2 feet into water and his girlfriend (who obviously had not been drinking) thought she was supposed to put it in the trailer....she came flying up and smashed right into the trailer. That front of that boat bucked up a few feet in the air, and we all thought the two were gonna have a fist fight. We all had a good laugh.

Typicalclinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    When I was about 11 or 12, my family was staying in a cottage on Pretty Lake ( the one with the tobaggon slide). My uncle Mark went out fishing for awhile and when he comes back he has this real weird look on his face. Finally he says he has to tell someone. He was drinking a few beers in the boat out of those short brown bottles they had back then.1980 or 81. I think it was like Blatz or Schlitz or something like that. Well after awhile nature called. So he took care of business in an empty bottle.He sat this aside.There were other people fishing nearby so he was gonna wait to pour it out. So he's fishing and after awhile he forgets about the "bottle". he reaches over for his actual beer and takes a sip.Well it was the wrong bottle! We really thought that was funny!

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    When I was about 11 or 12, my family was staying in a cottage on Pretty Lake ( the one with the tobaggon slide). My uncle Mark went out fishing for awhile and when he comes back he has this real weird look on his face. Finally he says he has to tell someone. He was drinking a few beers in the boat out of those short brown bottles they had back then.1980 or 81. I think it was like Blatz or Schlitz or something like that. Well after awhile nature called. So he took care of business in an empty bottle.He sat this aside.There were other people fishing nearby so he was gonna wait to pour it out. So he's fishing and after awhile he forgets about the "bottle". he reaches over for his actual beer and takes a sip.Well it was the wrong bottle! We really thought that was funny!

My grandpa used to keep a CLEAR soda bottle in the boat for just that reason...

Had an ex-girlfriend that was at a family gathering, and was a Dr. Pepper addict, well, her dad had happened to use an empty Dr. Pepper bottle as a spit cup for his chew... We all know what happens next... :puke:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Several years ago we were on a charter smallmouth fishing trip in Lake Erie across the line in Canada. We were anchored on a rock pile and the smallmouth were everywhere. 7 guys in the boat and we had 3-4 bass on at the same time on multiple occasions. We were fishing with soft craws so you used a leader attached to a snap swivel, One of the guys has a bass open his snap and he losses the fish. A few seconds later another guy has a bass on, gets it in the boat and sees that his hook had snagged the loop in the leader of the other guys fish that he had just lost. I can only imagine how thick the bass must have been. We lost count but we caught well over 100 smallies in a matter of a couple hours.

BigJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Broadripple
    When I was 7 or 8 I was fishing off of the docks at geist and was patiently watching my bobber go under quickly and then pop back up. I watched at waited for a few minutes and finally gave up and set the hook the next time I saw the bobber move.

I swear it was the best fighting fish of my life, it doubled over my rod and was great fun to fight.

Turns out it was a VERY large bikini top...someone was either VERY gifted...or VERY large! Still makes me laugh thinking about it!

Top Bottom