• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Yeah they are attempting to use the " going out of business " furniture store model.

The new name will be " Gander Outdoors" most stores will reopen.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    They might be removing stock from the stores with low(er than expected) sales and filling up the locations that have had higher volume traffic

This is what I was told Saturday when I was looking at scopes.
    The salesperson told me to check back in in a couple of days. They were expecting inventory from another store that was closing out totally.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Just to keep the facts straight:

Camping World bought Gander Mountain; its real estate, branding, leases etc.

A liquidation company bought the inventory.

Two very separate entities. We will see stores re-open in some places but the current inventory will be gone. Maybe as Camping World maybe as Gander Outdoor.

At these price, that should take about 20 years...I'm guessing the liquidation agent has a certain period to clear inventory. If we knew that date, we would know when the final clearance will start.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Ft Wayne is at 25% off on used guns and centerfire rifles. All other long guns are 20%, handguns 15%. Didn't look at ammo even, but I assume people are buying it because the display is much smaller than previously. Gun safes are all gone. Decided that, while I have a bunch of AR15's, I don't have a factory AR15, so I added a Bushmaster Predator 20 inch with a fixed A2 stock for $674.99 plus tax. And then the $150 back from Bushmaster, makes it a decent purchase.

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    I have made a couple of trips over the past month or so to the store closest to me in Merrillville. Stopped there today and like it was said a few posts before that it is pretty much picked through there is still a few new handguns and some long guns and most of the ammo is gone. Glad I picked up some things earlier that I was on the fence with as if I waited for it to go cheaper would of messed out on pretty much all of it.

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    Frankly I'm glad Gander Mtn. is no more. Prices were too high and stock too limited. During the liquidation when the prices were 10-15% off I bought a couple good LED flashlights only to discover that the Meijer store across the street had the same exact model for $4 less than GM's marked-down price. I do so much online shopping that brick-n-mortar stores are conveniences only, but I'll take Cabela's over GM any day.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Frankly I'm glad Gander Mtn. is no more. Prices were too high and stock too limited. During the liquidation when the prices were 10-15% off I bought a couple good LED flashlights only to discover that the Meijer store across the street had the same exact model for $4 less than GM's marked-down price. I do so much online shopping that brick-n-mortar stores are conveniences only, but I'll take Cabela's over GM any day.

I wouldn't say their inventory was too limited, they just couldn't tailor their inventory for the local areas. The number of bolt action, goofball cartridge guns that literally sat behind the gun counter for years is a good start. Don't carry all the oddball stuff, carry one bolt action of a specific brand/model and make it so people can order the goofy cartridges if they want it.

Dimitrivich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2017
    Unknown
    Well, the stores are getting close to closing. Greenfield is looking empty. I saw a sign up there saying they will only be selling firearms up to the 25th of July. (If I recall correctly). They are all on 30% markdown. And many ring up lower than expected. I just got a nice new Super Black Eagle II Lefty for $1000.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    stopped by the eville store on Monday, picked up a crimson trace laser guard for my shield 75.00 (150 on amazon) and a bore snake viper (12.00) and did a quick double take when I saw a new sig 227 nitron for 750! (950.00 at buds, 949 at osage county guns,950 at top gun supply!) but they still had 450 on a sig 250, I didn't get a chance to price rifles

I asked the man behind the gun counter if they would be selling guns after they reopen (yes Evansville is staying open) and he said he thought so

I also asked when they were closing, he said end of august, I made the comment im saving money for the nra banquet here on august 4th, and depending on how much I spend, I might be back for the sig 227 (they had 2)

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I've never been a GM fan, but I stopped in their Fort Wayne store yesterday looking for some rain gear. I decided to check out their guns. Crowded with lookers; guns were all "25% off". Most prices didn't impress me, but they had Kimber Micro 380's for $439..couldn't resist; so now I have another impluse buy to justify to myself. They also had some Grand Power 9's for the same price.
    Salesman says they are closing in August for a 2 month remodel and will reopen under their new name.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I hit the GM in Greenfield the other day, mostly empty with not great prices on what's left. I did manage to pick up Federal Tru-Ball slugs for 50% off and a couple Butler Creek scope covers for 50% off.
    I did not see any handgun ammo and the guns that were left were going for 30% off, but the area was blocked off with tape and had a ticket machine, so it appeared you could not just walk in and check out what they had left.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    For what it's worth, stopped in Ft Wayne today, they mentioned that they are getting inventory from other stores that are or have closed prior to them. Not a lot of great deals, still 25% on long guns and hand guns. Centerfire rifles are 30%, as are used guns.

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    Has anyone seen any good deals at the Merrillville store?

I thought some of the stuff was good deals that I picked up. I think it all depended on what you were looking for.
    Got a RCBS reloading kit for around $200 and then add the manufacture $50 rebate could not beat the price.
    On Monday I did pick up a couple of the long gun soft cases for $18.00 and some shotgun chokes for $2.00 as everything was 60% - 90% percent off. Sounds like the stores last day is this Saturday so everything it is pretty much picked over.

00m0m_5SnTJOzx9MZ_1200x900.jpg

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I stopped by the Avon store to see if I could find a decent deal on a bedside hand gun safe for my daughter in law. Nope. Prices were still way above MSRP. Getting tired of wasting my time.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Couple weeks ago i picked up a tree stand for $27. Best price i could find online with free shipping was $79.99. Picked up a Bushnell custom 3-12×50 scope for $50 too. Retails from what i could find in the $150 range. Pretty happy with those deals. They were pretty cleaned out then though other than clothes and shoes

Top Bottom