• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Gift cards are supposed to be honored until 5/18. The Castleton store has a sign that says reward certificates will not be accepted.

I stopped in Tuesday. 10%-20% on most items still. Will have to find something to burn my $35 gift card on early next week. Hopefully they have better markdowns by then.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm hoping to get a *fair* price on some hiking shoes...I need some and I don't want to pay REI prices for something that wont get used all that often.

C-Wolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Evansville
    Stopped in today at the Evansville location. A pathetic 5% off firearms. Still overpriced! Unless I get an email that says 15% off or more, I'm going to stop wasting my gas and just buy the gun I want at Rural King and reward the business that was cheap to start with. Not going to miss you, Gander!

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    I was at the one in Castleton earlier in the week. They had placards in the firearms area stating that there would be NO discounts on guns or ammo due to some Indiana law. I should have taken a picture, but at that point I was pretty disgusted. The only reason I had gone was to use a $10 reward coupon - which they would not honor.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I was at the one in Castleton earlier in the week. They had placards in the firearms area stating that there would be NO discounts on guns or ammo due to some Indiana law. I should have taken a picture, but at that point I was pretty disgusted. The only reason I had gone was to use a $10 reward coupon - which they would not honor.
    I was at the Avon Store, only because I had other business in the area no deals at GM, friend had a Rewards Bucks and Avon GM honored it.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I was at the Avon Store, only because I had other business in the area no deals at GM, friend had a Rewards Bucks and Avon GM honored it.

Your friend was lucky.... I had $100 in Gander Bucks and neither the Castleton or Greenwood stores would honor them. Additionally they have signs up that the Gander Mountain credit cards are no longer accepted.

I totally agree on their pricing... I still see stuff ABOVE MSRP. If these guys would just price things like a normal gun store does they wouldnt have gone bankrupt, but instead they want to rip folks off.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Additionally they have signs up that the Gander Mountain credit cards are no longer accepted.

Interesting. I received a letter from whatever financial firm operates the Gander Mountain credit card, and they were imploring me to keep using it. Since I only ever used it at Gander, I think I will just cancel it.

bulldogs42

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2015
    Indianapolis
    For those of you with Gander Mountain rewards certificates (from using their credit card), you can still use those at Overton's, which is the boating store that Gander Mountain owned and those are located in North Carolina. However, if you go to overtons.com you can apply those at the checkout plus they provide free shipping for orders over $25 and have a promo code for 15% off your order (restrictions apply). That's how I used my rewards certificates. I went to Gander Mountain in Castleton last week to use mine up and was told that Gander Mountain was no longer accepting them. By refusing to honor their rewards certificates, Gander Mountain has now ticked off the loyal customers it had. Looks like I will be using my Cabela's credit card now to earn rewards (until Bass Pro stops that program). Hope this helps some of you who are stuck with Gander Mountain rewards certificates.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Interesting. I received a letter from whatever financial firm operates the Gander Mountain credit card, and they were imploring me to keep using it. Since I only ever used it at Gander, I think I will just cancel it.

I believe Gander had a store charge card and a MasterCard. The MasterCard you can still use anywhere, I'm getting ready to cancel mine once my Cabelas card shows up.

redleg16

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I just got off the phone with a GM customer service person, she told me the liquidating stores were told to accept the rewards certificates. Guess I will head down and see what the store tells me.

redleg16

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I just got off the phone with a GM customer service person, she told me the liquidating stores were told to accept the rewards certificates. Guess I will head down and see what the store tells me.
    Just an update, I was able to use my rewards certificates here in Fort Wayne. Hope this helps someone!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For those of you with Gander Mountain rewards certificates (from using their credit card), you can still use those at Overton's, which is the boating store that Gander Mountain owned and those are located in North Carolina. However, if you go to overtons.com you can apply those at the checkout plus they provide free shipping for orders over $25 and have a promo code for 15% off your order (restrictions apply). That's how I used my rewards certificates. I went to Gander Mountain in Castleton last week to use mine up and was told that Gander Mountain was no longer accepting them. By refusing to honor their rewards certificates, Gander Mountain has now ticked off the loyal customers it had. Looks like I will be using my Cabela's credit card now to earn rewards (until Bass Pro stops that program). Hope this helps some of you who are stuck with Gander Mountain rewards certificates.

Both of them? ;)

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Just got an email from Flounder Mountain. They claim that rewards certificates will now be honored at ALL store locations and apologize for any "inconvenience." Also, they ask that I continue to use their credit card. Not sure if I will bother. Definitely cancelling the card.

Top Bottom