• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDimitri

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2017
    Crown Point
    When I went to the one close to me, almost all the handguns were gone, and only a selection of bolt actions and shotguns left. It looked pretty barren to me in the store.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I wouldn't buy from them even if they had everything for 75% off. I went there 5 or 6 weeks ago with a gift card I'd been putting off using because I don't like the place and knew that very little if anything was $20 (value of the gift card) meaning I would have to toss in the difference. Took the family and wife finally found a jacket for my 5yr old. Great let's get out of here. Went to pay and was told they are not honoring GM gift cards anymore. The vains on my forehead about burst. My wife, God love her, said the gift card was the only reason we stepped foot in there and it was no wonder they were going under. The cashier lady was sympathetic and obviously felt bad so we kindly smiled and said thank you and walked out.

Whatever GM turns into under that Marcus guys leadership will have to bring it's A game for a few years before I'll think about spending money there.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Stopped into the Fort Wayne store today.

Did buy several boxes of ammo of calibers I don't reload at 10-15% off since I was already in the store but no prices worth stocking up on. Cheaper online and no better than my LGS.

You might find an accessory or two 30% off but still probably no better than Amazon prices.

I looked at wide body Liberty Safe. Still over $1000.

Guns are almost all new and lightly discounted to full blown retail. ie M&P 2.0 9mm $492 plus tax versus $483 at Buds for same model.

Couple of scopes that would have have been a decent buy, but again nothing approaching fire sale prices.

Yawn...

Last edited:

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Merrillville store

60% off clothing
    40% off reloading (waiting for 60% to pick up a reloading kit finally)
    40% off archery
    40% off cutlery
    40% off ammunition (prices are still so high they arent even close to online prices)

Honestly there are a few deals to be had, but my opinion they are going out of business for a reason and the high "clearance" prices are a prime example of that.

BYE FELICIA.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Went to the Terre Haute store yesterday. Nothing really jumped out and said buy me but the 1 thing I did get was a set of scope rings. Still a lot of firearms on the shelves and lots of ammo to boot. Went hunting for some 300 Savage rounds (found 3 boxes of 20) and even after the discount I could still get them online plus pay shipping and come out ahead versus their discounted price. There were a lot people buying fishing lures. I was hoping to find a good buy on some St Croix rods but they're just not quite there yet. Close.

JDimitri

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2017
    Crown Point
    I might have to check for the availability of ammo. I was talking to a friend last night. He was telling me that someone is buying out the company and going to change the name to Gander World and that a few stores will remain open under the new name. I hope the new owners are not dumb enough to rename the moniker to gouger world.

abeguzmanmarine

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    TERRE HAUTE
    Went to Avon store. Ammo is only 20% and guns 10%. Prices still so high not worth going crazy. Only spent about $40. Hopefully they really drop prices soon. This might be a 2 year going out of business sale

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    In case anyone cares...Went to the Greenwood store. Advertising 25-50% off everything, firearms 25% off...

Walk in there...handguns are only 15% off making them just a bit more expensive than you can get at a decent local shop. Ammo is only 20% off making it stupid overpriced still.

No wonder the place is closing.

Oh, and apparently they're hiring!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    In case anyone cares...Went to the Greenwood store. Advertising 25-50% off everything, firearms 25% off...

Walk in there...handguns are only 15% off making them just a bit more expensive than you can get at a decent local shop. Ammo is only 20% off making it stupid overpriced still.

No wonder the place is closing.

Oh, and apparently they're hiring!
    Used guns were 25% off. Still priced higher than across the counter new at most LGS but there are some deals to be had. I guess it depends on what you want or need and when. I think they'll still drop more prices.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Used guns were 25% off. Still priced higher than across the counter new at most LGS but there are some deals to be had. I guess it depends on what you want or need and when. I think they'll still drop more prices.

They're going to have to unless they want to lock up with a ton of inventory. Ammo shelves were pretty full snd the handgun cases weren't looking bare, except the used ones.

delwin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2017
    Walkerton
    Stopped at the Avon store today. Picked up some decent shirts and a shooting vest for good prices. Looks like they must be restocking this store as there was a pretty fair variety of sizes. Pretty much all the clothing that looked like it might be worth bothering with was their store brand stuff.

Also picked up some Carlson choke tubes for around 11 bucks. Didn't see much else that was what I'd call a stellar bargain.

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Castleton seems to be restocking items as well. I get the feeling they are following the model of furniture stores that seem to perpetually going out of business and liquidating. We'll see when they actually close the doors.

Top Bottom