• ...and so much more!
  • COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Hoping to mound rows for bush beans this weekend. If they get going, I'll have to have my pellet rifle handy as the rabbits are thick as squirrels this year.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I need to check to see if my seeds are sprouting yet and check for hoof prints. I planted last week but didn't deer proof the fence so I may have to do that. Flower gardens are thriving and looking gorgeous. Grass needs mowed so that is on today's list as well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have to mow my grass, but I also need to replace the steering sector (rack and pinion) on my mower. I can still turn right okay, but turning left isn't so good. I think I'm gonna mow, turning right, before I try and fix it, just in case the repair job doesn't go as smoothly as the youtube video I found for it makes it seem. At least I'll have 3 or 4 days before the grass needs mowing again if the repair goes awry. :):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Marigolds around the perimeter of the garden are all sprouting, as are the cucumber and squash. Tomatoes and pepper plants all look good.

Hubby mowed...including some of the flowers so he is now grounded from mowing. I told him I would use the push mower to trim around the flowers before he went out...he does not listen well.....

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Heat and humidity will do that. Fortunately, you can grow them from seed and plant them multiple times/year.

jpr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    PABdHaF.jpg

TuqLjsa.jpg

046WSli.jpg

We have a baby cauliflower starting. The second picture is two weeks ago and third is yesterday. This is our first attempt at straw bale gardening but so far nothing has been lost.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We have a baby cauliflower starting. The second picture is two weeks ago and third is yesterday. This is our first attempt at straw bale gardening but so far nothing has been lost.

Looking good so far jpr! I'd never heard of doing this until you posted about it, so I'll be interested to see how the season goes. It looks a heck of a lot better than my still unplanted mud patch! :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Lets talk onions...

I put in three bundles of plants fairly early this year and they are doing pretty well. No bulbs to pull as of yet, but lots of green. My question to you all is weather the onion stalk is done working when it falls or gets bent over by the wind? If it's laying on the ground, is it still helping the plant or not?

What I'm getting at is that I've been cutting the stalks that make it to the ground and using the "green onions" as the onions for all cooking needs. Am I hurting the rest of the onion by cutting these?

20190530-235736.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have to mow my grass, but I also need to replace the steering sector (rack and pinion) on my mower. I can still turn right okay, but turning left isn't so good. I think I'm gonna mow, turning right, before I try and fix it, just in case the repair job doesn't go as smoothly as the youtube video I found for it makes it seem. At least I'll have 3 or 4 days before the grass needs mowing again if the repair goes awry. :):

I'm happy to say that the mower repair went well. She drives like a new mower now. :rockwoot: Only about 60 bucks in parts and a little under an hour of my time. I'd hate to think what the John Deere dealership would've charged me.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Way late to the party but finally got some tomato and peppers in. My daughter's Ag teacher was having an end of the year sale this week. 18 mixed tomato plants and 16 mixed peppers for $15, why not? Had some green bean seeds left from last year to take up the rest of the space in our garden bed just to see if they'll go.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yes sir. I mentioned a need to have a pellet rifle handy with all the rabbits around. Just didn't attach to the right thread.
    lol, no one with a garden would be offended by someone keeping a pellet rifle handy...
    I have a fence around mine that keeps the rabbits out mostly, but the ground hogs either get caught in a conibear trap or shot with the pellet rifle. 4 down so far this year.
    Just wait for corn season to start and my battle with the coons.

Top Bottom