• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I was going to post this yesterday, because it really is pretty interesting. But it's quite religious based, and since we're not wise enough to discuss big things such as religion, I passed on it. Glad you posted it though.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I was going to post this yesterday, because it really is pretty interesting. But it's quite religious based, and since we're not wise enough to discuss big things such as religion, I passed on it. Glad you posted it though.

I know there is a lot of religious aspect to it. Though, I'm not trying to start a religious war. I think it's history repeating itself. One major reason for the fall of Rome was a high level of unregulated immigration. I'm a firm believer that those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. To me it's not about being tolerant. It's about what's best for a country as a whole.

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I know there is a lot of religious aspect to it. Though, I'm not trying to start a religious war. I think it's history repeating itself. One major reason for the fall of Rome was a high level of unregulated immigration. I'm a firm believes that those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. To me it's not about being tolerant. It's about what's best for a country as a whole.

I definitely wish we could talk about this situation here as a community. It sounds like an extremely interesting article.

:mods:I didn't think you could link the actual article any more?:mods:

Or rather you can't post the story, can only post a link.

:facepalm: I forgot about that too. The new rule that did actually make sense.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Give a Muslim an inch an they'll take mile..........or is that a German...? Good strategy from the Muslims, populate an then you can take over...happening to France as well who has around 22 million, more than any country in Europe. Race an religion...sorry Mods!!!!!!!!!!!

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    Give a Muslim an inch an they'll take mile..........or is that a German...? Good strategy from the Muslims, populate an then you can take over...happening to France as well who has around 22 million, more than any country in Europe. Race an religion...sorry Mods!!!!!!!!!!!

It's funny you say that! We're going over this exact statement in my Western Civ class tomorrow. I just finished listening to a podcast talking about Islam in Europe after that fall of Rome etc. Most of Spain and parts of France used to be Muslim territories until around the time of the Spanish Inquisition. How'd they do it? A little military might, but LOTS of re-population. Then the Catholic knights came down from northern Spain and proceeded to spread Christianity and evict the long standing Muslims out of Europe. This was followed by what we refer to as the Crusades. So technically Christians and Muslims arrived around the same time and are just now arriving back. There are several mosques in Spain and southern France that were converted into Christian places of worship that still look like a mosque with a cross on top. It's pretty interesting from a historic perspective.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)

I saw this, couple days ago, was going to post, but figured if I did I might get the hammer.
    I am very grateful this was posted, for th soul fact that it was Merkel blabbing just afew weeks ago about how Germany was going to become a...um...."deeply religious nation".

And now this.... It's laughable, but scary is that ole Right wing properganda that whore is pushing, 1-10 Germans want a second "fuher" (SP?). Which isnt surprising in the least if anyones been watching the politic's over there.

Religion aside, which is moot.. Folks, Multiculturalism has NEVER EVER WORKED. NEVER.
    One Culture will come to dominate another, and unfortunately, the weaker will die off.
    Anyone care to think who might lose with the cancer called Political Correctness?

Im grateful Merkel made this public, unfortunately it might be too late.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT

Someone on here used the phrase " they will saw your head off"

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I think it's common sense that you can't mix diametrically opposed cultures and expect them to get along.

That's probably true, if the premise is the new group has no desire to integrate with the existing social order.

For those who legally immigrate and attempt to integrate into the existing community, learn the language, live by the rules, and act decently I doubt you would find any problems.

However, for those who do the exact opposite and expect the existing social order to support their laziness or to conform to their rules or culture that's the wrong way to expect a friendly attitude from neighbors.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    It's funny you say that! We're going over this exact statement in my Western Civ class tomorrow. I just finished listening to a podcast talking about Islam in Europe after that fall of Rome etc. Most of Spain and parts of France used to be Muslim territories until around the time of the Spanish Inquisition. How'd they do it? A little military might, but LOTS of re-population. Then the Catholic knights came down from northern Spain and proceeded to spread Christianity and evict the long standing Muslims out of Europe. This was followed by what we refer to as the Crusades. So technically Christians and Muslims arrived around the same time and are just now arriving back. There are several mosques in Spain and southern France that were converted into Christian places of worship that still look like a mosque with a cross on top. It's pretty interesting from a historic perspective.

Interesting "political" history.....I actually came up with that thought by reflecting on America after it was discovered...guess "we" didn't want to learn the Indian way of life. By the time they saw what was going on an happening it was way to late.....I truly believe if the Native Americans could do it over they would of closed the borders at the beginning, an only allowed those who would learn their customs, ways, an language to be legal......I spend alot of time thinking while sittting in a tree waiting for a deer to come by.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Interesting "political" history.....I actually came up with that thought by reflecting on America after it was discovered...guess "we" didn't want to learn the Indian way of life. By the time they saw what was going on an happening it was way to late.....I truly believe if the Native Americans could do it over they would of closed the borders at the beginning, an only allowed those who would learn their customs, ways, an language to be legal......I spend alot of time thinking while sittting in a tree waiting for a deer to come by.

So the American Indian would have Europeans assimilate Down. Live in teepee's and all that. Europeans sailed across oceans to get here and then we would forget all that to be nomadic tribal people?

I don't think it would work that way.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana

I thought Spain was attached by the Moors, who were from North Africa around 800AD. Then they were finally pushed out of there. I don't think Muslims were there first at all but I may be wrong. The Iberians and Celts were first.

Top Bottom