• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I thought Spain was attached by the Moors, who were from North Africa around 800AD. Then they were finally pushed out of there. I don't think Muslims were there first at all but I may be wrong. The Iberians and Celts were first.

Correct, Muslims invaded starting in 711, being slowed down by Charles Martel at Poitiers in 732, after which they battled back and forth for centuries until driven off the peninsula by Ferdinand II of Aragon in 1492.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    I thought Spain was attached by the Moors, who were from North Africa around 800AD. Then they were finally pushed out of there. I don't think Muslims were there first at all but I may be wrong. The Iberians and Celts were first.

The Visigoths and the Vandal's where the first outsiders to enter really, followed by the Byzantine Empire around 100 years later and was largely Muslim from what I understand. Muhammad was a general in the army etc. I think the Moors where southern Germany/Austria-Hungry area.

Looking at some of my maps in my text book it looks like Christianity arrived in Spain by 300 B.C.E under the Holy Roman Empire and Islam arrived around 750 B.C.E which was 75 years after Muhammad's death.

So I guess I was off by oh about 400 years.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The Visigoths and the Vandal's where the first outsiders to enter really, followed by the Byzantine Empire around 100 years later and was largely Muslim from what I understand. Muhammad was a general in the army etc. I think the Moors where southern Germany/Austria-Hungry area.

Looking at some of my maps in my text book it looks like Christianity arrived in Spain by 300 B.C.E under the Holy Roman Empire and Islam arrived around 750 B.C.E which was 75 years after Muhammad's death.

So I guess I was off by oh about 400 years.
    Christianity didn't exist in 300 BCE, neither did the Holy Roman Empire. Islam certainly wasn't around in 750 BCE. Perhaps you meant CE?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    So the American Indian would have Europeans assimilate Down. Live in teepee's and all that. Europeans sailed across oceans to get here and then we would forget all that to be nomadic tribal people?

I don't think it would work that way.

Your right...it didn't!!!!! I don't think the Indians had it all wrong. Being a country boy I would rather live back in time with them rather than being raised an living in some of our inner cities. Besides...what have you got against teepee's?:)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    That's probably true, if the premise is the new group has no desire to integrate with the existing social order.

For those who legally immigrate and attempt to integrate into the existing community, learn the language, live by the rules, and act decently I doubt you would find any problems.

However, for those who do the exact opposite and expect the existing social order to support their laziness or to conform to their rules or culture that's the wrong way to expect a friendly attitude from neighbors.

Integration is the exact opposite of Multiculturalism. To Assimilate is to lose your own culture, in favor of another.

Multiculturalism essentially suggest in a very liberal minded matter that a a nomadic tribesmen can live his life, his way in a first world Nation.

Alot of the immigrants flooding Europe are abunch of psycho, 3rd world cultured peoples, who acknowledges primative lifestyles, ideologies, the very concepts of life & freedom are NOT compatitable with that of the Native European psyche. Thanks to the communist minded leaders, even the ones that claim to be Right wingers, push for these immigrants for a number of reasons, most of which you could easily align with the horrid african slave trade that Elitism of the era enjoyed.

Interesting "political" history.....I actually came up with that thought by reflecting on America after it was discovered...guess "we" didn't want to learn the Indian way of life. By the time they saw what was going on an happening it was way to late.....I truly believe if the Native Americans could do it over they would of closed the borders at the beginning, an only allowed those who would learn their customs, ways, an language to be legal......I spend alot of time thinking while sittting in a tree waiting for a deer to come by.

Perhaps the original Native Americans should've closed the border before they were genocided out of history by the barin strait crossers?

In the name of war, of which the Amerindian tribes are no less guilty than the Europeans, they lost. And in war, Might equals right.

History is full of accounts of Amerindians sending massive armies, confederations of tribes to kill, rape and rob the European peoples; You can look at the solutrean/clovis connection, Si Te Cah, Moon Eyed/Cherokee connection, the Viking expediation to America, numerous other European crossing.

Europeans are by far guiltless, but it's historically inaccurate to place blame just upon them, as alot of what they did was reactionary.

So the American Indian would have Europeans assimilate Down. Live in teepee's and all that. Europeans sailed across oceans to get here and then we would forget all that to be nomadic tribal people?

I don't think it would work that way.

The Indians were in no place to even accomplish this, technologically speaking, maintaining a viable stone-age technology it's observable to see how well such a war would've really taken place if that was the case.

Spain & Southern France were attacked by a Moorish people of North Africa, which is no biggy, since such "crusades" were always happening but also vice verse, too.

The Iberians & celts were NOT the first. I forget which family tree the Iberians belong to, but I believe a celtic, North African presence might be the origin or atleast a connection.

You have to remember that Celts, Germanics, slavs, Romans and Greeks are NOT the original Europeans, but an INDO-EUROPEAN people who owe they're homeland somewhere within the Caucaus mountains, Russian Steppes above around the Black Sea, then migrated outward, The Iranians, ethnic Persians and similar headed East, while the other branches went Westard.
    Conquering, and thrusting they're culture, religion and essentially folkway upon the Native people of other lands. The Religion of this people was Father centered, upon the Solar emphasis of the heavens, defined they're people by a caste system of Priests, Kings/warriors, farmers and slaves - These people were a highly technologically advanced people who very warlike

In the lands of Europa, it was already settled by a people, cro magnon not to different looking from the invaders, but outside of appearances were as different from night and day, in language, way of life, culture but most interestingly - Religion. Which was more Earth Centered, mother rounded. The Basque, Hungarians/Finns tend to harbor the heritage thereof; These people tended to not be warlike, and very dependant of Nature to give, unlike the IE peoples.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpWTqKIeHo0]YouTube - Kent Ekeroth (Swedendemocrats) has multiculturalism failed? 1/2[/ame]

The Swedish Democrat speaks about how multiculturalism failed in Sweden but also the rest of Europa, too. Which is undisputably true, this is a 2 part clip, Im currently in the middle of my first.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    IMHO multiculturalism has failed miserably here in the US too.

Every race, religion & culture is vaunted, except for those of the majority, the word diversity is just another way of saying usurpation.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Diversity in the work place is just people that look different.

They can all be from homogenous backgrounds, but as long as someone's skin is darker and someone elses eyes are shaped different and you have an acceptable ratio of vaginas to penises then you have a "diverse" workforce.

All the people can be from the same neighborhood, go to the same church, attend the same school and still be "diverse" under our current standards.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    And isn't it interesting that where we once touted "unity", now the buzzword is "diversity". You know, the Nazis were big fans of "diversity"; they took all their "diverse" ones; stuck them in ghettos and concentration camps (interesting term, that) and then starved them to death or killed them. I wonder if that's what those who promote "diversity" have in mind.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    "Diversity" is just another way of saying "separated".

? As diversity is being promoted now, it means throwing away your folkway for an invasive, foreign peoples.
    This is only an occurance within the Western 1st class Nations, like America, France, Sweden, England.

You try thumping this diversity crap in a middle eastern Nation, and see what happens.

Diversity in the work place is just people that look different.

They can all be from homogenous backgrounds, but as long as someone's skin is darker and someone elses eyes are shaped different and you have an acceptable ratio of vaginas to penises then you have a "diverse" workforce.

All the people can be from the same neighborhood, go to the same church, attend the same school and still be "diverse" under our current standards.

If you accept everyone is the "Same"... :laugh: Everyone thinks the same.. :laugh: Everyone has the same standards :laugh:

Usually this cancer, diversity is pushed by people who dont live. I cant remember how many times I've seen some liberal out in the busches talk about it, in all the glory the propergandist can come up with, yet live as far away from true diversity as possible.

The true many of Diversity is to be diverse, different, culturally, appearances etc. How can this be accomplished as being practiced, currently? :rolleyes:

And isn't it interesting that where we once touted "unity", now the buzzword is "diversity". You know, the Nazis were big fans of "diversity"; they took all their "diverse" ones; stuck them in ghettos and concentration camps (interesting term, that) and then starved them to death or killed them. I wonder if that's what those who promote "diversity" have in mind.

Unity is still the buzzword, if you are liberal puke, but if you are rightist, traditionally inclined, Diversity is the option.
    The nazis were not fans of diversity, the very idea was repugent to them, and for reasons many Americans get to experience.
    The Nazis were apart of the Zionist plan, to place all jews back in Israel; while other Western Nations, such as Britain fought the idea (Whose the real nazis?)
    It was not until "**** declared war on Germany" that Germans took action to protect themselves, and unfortunately it was the nobodies who suffered; But in a wartime, where the Nation is at war, people will starve, people die.
    America had some infamous death camps themselves during the civil war, ones that any Hitlerian would be proud of, I guess.

What is more interesting about Nazis and the practice of diversity, was that in a time of war, they readily accepted Arabic Muslims into the ranks of the SS, and the German Military had Jews, infact Hitler being the Number 1 SS officer, his second SS officer, his close friend was of jewish heritage.

But since you brought this up; Let's observe the modern Hitler, a nasty, disgusting, repulsive communist... We call him... the French President, Mr. Sarkozy. He has a "master race" plan, too, metissage. I wonder why the communist medias in America dont talk about that?
    Essentially the plan requires "Diversity", more immigration, more anti-traditionalism, more hatred of those who define themselves by conservative values.

We see it happening in America, too. Look at our immigration, look at the Govt census predictions if trends continue as they do.

Trading_Fool

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There has never been a successfull diverse society. The only way for a culture to thrive is if the collective majority is of the same mind. Diversity does not allow for that and is doomed from the onset. That has been the downfall of all of the historic superpowers is the movement from a common moral ground to different cultures and accepted values.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    You mean having a large population in your nation that want nothing more than to take it over, by force and violence against the innocent if necessary, ISN'T working??? Tell me something I don't know. Same old crap from the past 1500 years.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    They say that America is the great melting pot, thats horse hockey. when was the last time a melting pot went into space or accomplished something great. It was all well and good when we were taking the best and brightest minds from other countries but who wants the worst and least law biding that are flooding into our country now.

Top Bottom