• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I am going through training tonight. Any other LEOs out there Please speak up. What should I expect? I will be zapped several times.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    No biggie, it's 5 seconds. It's been several years since I have been tased but I took the full hit...not the weenie 1 second hit with a line of officers linking their arms. The pain I can deal with (it was only 5 seconds) it was the fact that I was unable to move at all that impressed me. I will choose taser every time over OC/CS gas.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    No biggie, it's 5 seconds. It's been several years since I have been tased but I took the full hit...not the weenie 1 second hit with a line of officers linking their arms. The pain I can deal with (it was only 5 seconds) it was the fact that I was unable to move at all that impressed me. I will choose taser every time over OC/CS gas.

I have to throw this post in that happened several years ago with OC. One of the funniet things I have ever seen.

I am going to do you one better (maybe). Was working a couple of years ago and an officer and his probationary officer calls me up and asks if I want to have a meal with them. I said sure. Right after that they stop a guy for something. He has a small container of OC spray on him. The officer sprays a little and gives it back to him. He said words that would later come back and haunt him, "this is kiddie shi.". He stops by the sector office (you guessed it), urinates and THEN washes his hands. We are now at dinner. After a few minutes, I see him wiggling around his seat to make himself comfortable. We order and are waiting. I then see a small bead of sweat rolling from his forehead. He now starts to tell me about the OC spray. By now he is in a full sweat. He has actually sweated through his gun belt. Man has this primal thought...do I eat or do I take care of the pain that is ripping my groin off. He tells me to take care of his training partner and goes back to the sector office for a shower.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I am going through training tonight. Any other LEOs out there Please speak up. What should I expect? I will be zapped several times.

Get someone to record it for you. I had a professor a couple semesters ago who brought in the video of him getting tased so he could start carrying one.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Is it a LEO training to get the right to carry one on the job or a personnal thing?
    Something I can;t understand. I have a gun but I don't have to be shot to know it works. Kind of ironic. It's training to get one. I've seen them used a bunch. At least it can be a tool that you don't have to strike or place your hands on a person to be effective.

I will make sure my bladder is empty.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Something I can;t understand. I have a gun but I don't have to be shot to know it works. Kind of ironic. It's training to get one. I've seen them used a bunch. At least it can be a tool that you don't have to strike or place your hands on a person to be effective.

I will make sure my bladder is empty.

Yeah I always found it funny.
    I guess you also have to get sprayed to carry pepper spray but you dont need to have your bones broke into pieces to carry a telescopic baton.
    They must want you to know what it does on yourself so that you dont Tase everybody just for fun, something like that. :):

Also can you just refuse to get tased and still carry a Taser?
    Or just refuse to carry one if you dont want to get tased?

You may want to remove your nipples piercings too, even though I think they shoot LEOs on the back to avoid touching the eyes (or your private parts ... outch! :n00b:) by accident.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Yeah I always found it funny.
    I guess you also have to get sprayed to carry pepper spray but you dont need to have your bones broke into pieces to carry a telescopic baton.
    They must want you to know what it does on yourself so that you dont Tase everybody just for fun, something like that. :):

Also can you just refuse to get tased and still carry a Taser?
    Or just refuse to carry one if you dont want to get tased?

You may want to remove your nipples piercings too, even though I think they shoot LEOs on the back to avoid touching the eyes (or your private parts ... outch! :n00b:) by accident.
    I can refuse and then suffer the random cat calls from the other officers. I'll go through with it.

Top Bottom