• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I have volunteered numerous times, no one wants to take me up on it. :(
    And here's the problem. One of the INGO LEO's uses their department issued taser to tase you. Who's going to pay for the cartridge they used? Now granted...one could probably find an old training taser and tape the wires in place.

But if one of the INGO LEO haters reads the thread and decides to call their department to complain...serious consequences would be in order. Not worth the risk IMO. Surely...it would be fun...but not worth the risk.

You might find one willing to hit you with their ASP, however. :):

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Will you tase me sometime in the future? I've been curious as to what it feels like.

We can record it and post it on here. :):

Im not sure any LEO would be willing to tase you but im sure you can find some "civilians" INGO menbers that own Tasers.
    If you pay for your own cartridge and if they are not affraid of possible legal consequences maybe you could do it.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    But if one of the INGO LEO haters reads the thread and decides to call their department to complain...serious consequences would be in order. Not worth the risk IMO. Surely...it would be fun...but not worth the risk.

Couldn't the LEO just remain nameless? The only person on camera would be the one getting tased.

Im not sure any LEO would be willing to tase you but im sure you can find some "civilians" INGO menbers that own Tasers.
    If you pay for your own cartridge and if they are not affraid of possible legal consequences maybe you could do it.

How much are cartridges?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Couldn't the LEO just remain nameless? The only person on camera would be the one getting tased.

How much are cartridges?

The Taser records every time it's used. Even if nobody snitched, eventually someone would find out. Plus the cartidges are serial numbered, so it isn't like you could just replace it with one you bought elsewhere. Even if one of the LEOs is dumb enough to risk his job for your amusement, you'd have to spring for the cartidge first.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Benny, would you be happy to just get shot by a Taser C2?

I think it's just like the regular Taser the police uses, only with a smaller range.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Benny, would you be happy to just get shot by a Taser C2?

I think it's just like the regular Taser the police uses, only with a smaller range.

Bad idea. The C2 uses (relatively) the same technology as the police issue X26. The difference between the two is that the X26 delivers the voltage charge in 5 second bursts. The C2 delivers it's voltage charge in 30 second bursts. The 5 second burst is bad enough, trust me, and I wouldn't ever volunteer to ride the lightning for 30 seconds...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Bad idea. The C2 uses (relatively) the same technology as the police issue X26. The difference between the two is that the X26 delivers the voltage charge in 5 second bursts. The C2 delivers it's voltage charge in 30 second bursts. The 5 second burst is bad enough, trust me, and I wouldn't ever volunteer to ride the lightning for 30 seconds...

Wow really?

I thought that the "civilian" version besides having a smaller range may also be less powerful or something.
    Im surprised that it may hurt even more than the X26.

But if Benny is crazy enough to ask someone to tase him he may actually enjoy the longuer bursts. :):

But cant you just shut down the C2 after 5 seconds?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I don't know if you can stop the charge on the C2 before the time expires. The idea of the 30 sec charge is to allow the would-be victim to ditch the Taser and get the hell outta dodge while the bad guy is frying....

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    30 seconds? Not just no, but HELLLLLLLLL no! I think 5 seconds would be my recreational limit.

It's possible that you can shut down the Taser after just 5 seconds, we are just not sure yet and you might have to find out by yourself. ;)

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'd be willing to pay for the cartridge so that's not the issue. Some of you guys have to have training scenarios, hook me up!

Oh, and I've been hit with a riot baton (I was LE in the air force and my training partner supposedly missed when he hit me). Close enough to an asp for me.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'd be willing to pay for the cartridge so that's not the issue. Some of you guys have to have training scenarios, hook me up!

Oh, and I've been hit with a riot baton (I was LE in the air force and my training partner supposedly missed when he hit me). Close enough to an asp for me.

I have a scenario based on real life events. :):

Benny walks in front of a cop armed with a Taser.
    Benny looks very suspicious.
    The cop draw his Taser and aim at Benny.
    Benny just has enough time to say "Dont tase me Bro!".
    Benny gets tased and roll on the ground crying like a little girl.
    End of the scenario. :dunno:

Top Bottom