• ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I have a scenario based on real life events. :):

Benny walks in front of a cop armed with a Taser.
    Benny looks very suspicious.
    The cop draw his Taser and aim at Benny.
    Benny just has enough time to say "Dont tase me Bro!".
    Benny gets tased and roll on the ground crying like a little girl.
    End of the scenario. :dunno:

I love that scenario

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Also I wonder who would be willing to shoot at someone with a Taser besides in a self defense situation.
    I can imagine that a LEO could get in trouble if he does that.
    Even if you find a civilian with a taser im not sure they would be willing to shoot you.
    Maybe if you sign a document saying that you are willing to be shot and that you are aware of the risks and such.
    I mean it's not a toys, people have been killed with Tasers in the past.

I would be willing to get sprayed with OC before I get shot with a Taser.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I love that scenario

:D Thanks!

I was affraid the plot would be too complex to understand.
    It all depends if Benny can play the suspicious guy well, and how the whole scene is shot of course.

All we have to do now is find the person to play the cop and someone to film the scene.
    And a Taser.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Also I wonder who would be willing to shoot at someone with a Taser besides in a self defense situation.
    Even if you find a civilian with a taser im not sure they would be willing to shoot you.
    Maybe if you sign a document saying that you are willing to be shot and that you are aware of the risks and such.

It would not be a good career move. Most all deaths have been associated with some type of pre-existing condition. But please understand it was the worse 5 seconds I've experienced. It seemed like 10 - 15 seconds.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It would not be a good career move. Most all deaths have been associated with some type of pre-existing condition. But please understand it was the worse 5 seconds I've experienced. It seemed like 10 - 15 seconds.

I know most of those death where related to pre-existing conditions but not all of them.It also have to do with stress a lot from what I understand.
    The leve of stress when being tased by a fellow officer during training in a controlled environment is nothing compared to the level of stress a suspect has to go through in a real life situation, especially if that happends after hours of very stressful negociaition prior to the shot.
    So even if the risks are lower when being tased by a fellow officer, or fellow INGO menber in this case, the risks are still there.

I guess when the police do that during training they have some kinds of medics nearby or at least people trained in first aid and that would know what to do in case of cardiac arrest.
    You are also held by fellow officer to prevent any head injury when you fall to the ground.

All that im saying is that it's not a toy, that's probably why you will find very few people willing to shot someone with a Taser.
    Even if the person being tased sign a document saying he agrees and knows the risks that's still legally risky for the person shooting.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I know most of those death where related to pre-existing conditions but not all of them.It also have to do with stress a lot from what I understand.
    The leve of stress when being tased by a fellow officer during training in a controlled environment is nothing compared to the level of stress a suspect has to go through in a real life situation, especially if that happends after hours of very stressful negociaition prior to the shot.
    So even if the risks are lower when being tased by a fellow officer, or fellow INGO menber in this case, the risks are still there.

I guess when the police do that during training they have some kinds of medics nearby or at least people trained in first aid and that would know what to do in case of cardiac arrest.
    You are also held by fellow officer to prevent any head injury when you fall to the ground.

All that im saying is that it's not a toy, that's probably why you will find very few people willing to shot someone with a Taser.
    Even if the person being tased sign a document saying he agrees and knows the risks that's still legally risky for the person shooting.

I agree. Documents were signed. There is always stress in front of your peers. Especially when they are a bunch of officers.

I remember seeing a video from a Louisville dash cam. The bad guy was from Evansville and was wanted for the murder of two people. He gets stopped after a pursuit and starts waving a knife. Several officers are there with weapons pulled. Another walks up with a taser and hits him. He looked like a very stiff board going straight back on his head.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Taser safety issues - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is an interesting articles about the risks of the Taser and all the related deaths and accidents.
    Benny may change his mind after reading this.

I guess not everybody got the memo about Tasers not being toys:

"May 6, 2011, Boynton Beach, Florida, a female police officer is treated for hearing loss after a fellow officer deliberately places and activates a taser behind her ear."

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

If you ever experience OC spray and Taser shock, you will most definitely change your mind about which is worse. I would get tased again but anyone coming at me with OC is gonna die...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If you ever experience OC spray and Taser shock, you will most definitely change your mind about which is worse. I would get tased again but anyone coming at me with OC is gonna die...

I was talking about the risks and not the pain factor.
    I know that OC last for hours or days and Taser is over after a few seconds.
    But I never heard of anyone who died after being sprayed with OC (not from the spray itself anyway).

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    There are folks who have allergies to capsaicin. I would think think they could have some serious reactions to the spray but I don't know of anyone dying from it.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    There are folks who have allergies to capsaicin. I would think think they could have some serious reactions to the spray but I don't know of anyone dying from it.

if I'm to the point where I feel I need to OC someone I could give a rats ass if they are allergic to OC as I'm allergic to be attacked.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    if I'm to the point where I feel I need to OC someone I could give a rats ass if they are allergic to OC as I'm allergic to be attacked.

Sure, in self defense, I agree.
    But we were talking about doing that to a friend for "recreational purpose".

I would be more willing to OC someone than to shoot him with a Taser because the risks are much lower with a OC spray.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife. A guy who purchased his lovely wife a pocket Taser for their anniversary submitted this:
    Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked my interest. The occasion was our 15th anniversary and I was looking for a little something extra for my wife Julie. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized taser. The effects of the taser were supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety....??
    WAY TOO COOL!
    Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button.
    Nothing!
    I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button AND pressed it against a metal surface at the same time; I'd get the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs.
    AWESOME!!!
    Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Julie what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.
    Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-A batteries, right? There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target. I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) and thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong?
    So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and taser in another. The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.

All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5” long, less than ¾ inch in thick; pretty cute really and (loaded with two itsy, bitsy triple-A batteries) thinking to myself, 'no possible way!'
    What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best...
    I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side as to say, 'don't do it dip****,' reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad. I decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it. I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and…
    HOLY MOTHER OF GOD… WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION… WHAT THE HELL!!!
    I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs? The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.
    Note: If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a taser, one note of caution: there is no such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor… A three second burst would be considered conservative?
    IT HURT LIKE HELL!!!

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace. The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally was. My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I had no control over the drooling. Apparently I pooped on myself, but was too numb to know for sure and my sense of smell was gone. I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head which I believe came from my hair. I'm still looking for my nuts and I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return!!
    P.S. My wife loved the gift, and now regularly threatens me with it!

'If you think education is difficult, try being stupid.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    There is video of me being both OC sprayed and tased. I can probably get the OC pics but regulations prohibit me from posting the tasing pics/videos.

Top Bottom