Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have been thinking of the OP here. Perhaps confession is in order. I hear it is good for the soul.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I have been thinking of the OP here. Perhaps confession is in order. I hear it is good for the soul.

As the saying goes;
    Confession, and hardship, refines the soul. The time to refine the soul is after you have exhausted every other alternative.

Besides some other helpful advice (thanks folks!!), I'm really warming up to the Bud light in more correct dosage idea.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    As the saying goes;
    Confession, and hardship, refines the soul. The time to refine the soul is after you have exhausted every other alternative.

Besides some other helpful advice (thanks folks!!), I'm really warming up to the Bud light in more correct dosage idea.

It is your best bet. The other sure thing is a full day of baling hay.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    As the saying goes;

Yea. But with the hay bales you don't have to get up and pee twice.

It is always something.

Drink until you are ready to pass out, then have one more
    You are in a hotel, why get up?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    If the match is within 4 hours of home, I go to bed early, get up early and drive to the match. I have slept in the clubhouse or in the back of my Suburban many times. Learn to get a power nap during the day.

I, and four of my shooting buddies, got a motel once down by Cincinnati. Huge mistake. None of us shot real well for a variety of reasons. Mainly because we were all tired. It is really tough to get a good rest in a motel.

My advice? Don't bother with motels. And I have been known to travel a thousand miles to shoot a NRA rifle match.

But, you will have to find the best way for you...

But I am pretty sure the references to being "hung over" on match day are just idle talk. At least I hope so.

Good nutrution and an absence of alcohol are absolutely essential well ahead of match day and especially the night before. If you are serious about it anyway.

There are books written about feeding the body for maximum performance for shooting competitions.

Some thoughts on nutrition from the US Army Marksmanship Unit here...

http://www.odcmp.org/0906/default.asp?page=USAMU_RANGEDIET

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    sounds like you are a ton of fun on a road trip.

Maybe not. For me and my shooting buddies, it is all about doing our best on match day. Especially on another range. It is fun to collect money that usually goes to the local hero and club champion.

It isn't about getting drunk and trying to perform the next day in a very complex and physical sport.

Having said all that, the one and only time you and I shot in the same pistol match at Wildcat, you kicked my ass. You never paid attention to me as you collected your justly earned rewards. I had an off day. That is my excuse.

Regards

Top Bottom