• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I really thought the OP had a valid, serious question. I tried to answer his question in a respectful way. He is free to approach competitive shooting in any way he wants to. As you all are.

The party guys are real obvious during the awards presentations. They usually don't have to get up to accept any awards.

Love all you party guys, you don't even realize that you are cannon fodder. I hope some of you shoot in the Master Class, we always need plenty of shooters in the Master class for big awards.

See you on the range...

EDIT TO ADD: OP, shooting the match in your head before the match is a valid training exersize. I frequently get a perfect sight picture in my head as I squeeze off the perfect shot. While I am driving, in a restaurant, pretending to be having fun with family.

Last edited:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    3M foam ear plugs...(in purple of course) and a Xanax 1hr before bed...seriously. No hangover effects.
    Most comfortable I've found: Amazon.com: 3M 1100 Foam Ear Plug 200 pairs: Industrial & Scientific
    Over the counter sleep aids make me pee every couple of hours. Counter productive.
    Budlight is part of the problem, drink something good. :)
    Alcohol will put me to sleep, but also cause me to wake up 3-4 hrs later.
    Bring your own pillows.
    And
    Don't bunk with Dusty or Brent, even with the earplugs. :)

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Yes, and I'd probably be better if I dryfired 30 min everyday. I've got the time. But this is a hobby to me, something to have fun doing, including the road trip. I like to shoot but I'm not competitive enough in my nature to have that drive to have to win take over. Shooting is fun for me. I'm probably a better pistol shot than 90% of pistol owners. I've shot many majors and taken home my share of plaques. A couple small division wins. Several high seniors. It's not top of the heap I know but it's still shows me I can shoot.
    Then again, I made a road trip last year where I shot two majors in one weekend and sucked at both of them. However, I still had a good time.

I'm not so competitive as to have the game take over. I've won my share of plaques but don't every recall taking any money away from locals unless you include shooting 75% of the match winner at Riley. $36. Wow, that won't cover my reloads cost for one range session.

We all have different reasons for doing this. If your goal is to be a winner, good for you. I hope it works out. Be prepared for disappointment because if you go to majors, you're going to be beat. Win your division and you still probably lost in the overalls.

It's still nice to beat someone 1/3 my age though.

And I have no trouble sleeping in hotels. It's better since Jake's off the respirator.

It's been years since I shot a match at Wildcat. Good shooting to you sloughfoot. I can't imagine we haven't shot together more, I rarely miss a midwest major and shoot a USPSA match every weekend. Unless it's raining. I stay in bed when it's raining. Not dedicated enough. ;)

Top Bottom