• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Corky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    Im trying to locate the local Indy L1; Where would they be located at in Marion County?

L-1 Identity Solutions, Enrollment Services Division in Indiana

A friend of mine just filled out the online portion. Filed it for Delaware county, without realizing that he might not be able to since he's in Grant co. (From what he says, the online form doesn't have a Grant co option to choose? If so, why not?)
    Does anyone know, when he shows up at the Muncie PD, if they will turn him down because he's a resident of a different county?

I would guess that they will kick it out.
    If his county is not listed for the online application he would have to
    apply with the LE agency that has jurisdiction over where he lives.
    If he lives in Muncie, he will have to apply to Muncie PD.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    I have some questions. I went to the site online. It asked if you have ever had a liscense. I have a little over a decade ago and don't remember my liscense number. It also asks about misdeamenors. I was arrested for a PI over a dacade ago too not sure what it was classified as but it was before I had my handgun permit. What should I do about those two questions any advice.

Answer the best and as accurately as you can but be honest, as they will find out. Simply put "Unk" in the number block. On the PI, just the facts, don't editorialize it, simple, to the point & matter of fact. If you've had a permit before, it may not be a big deal. Good luck!

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    You pay the state and L1 fees when L1 does your fingerprints. Once the background check is complete, you go to the PD, pay the local fee, and the locals send the app on.

Sorry to bump this thread. What all did you have to bring to L1 and the police department as far as identification, and did you have to have the paper application with you? I filled it out online and didnt print it out.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Sorry to bump this thread. What all did you have to bring to L1 and the police department as far as identification, and did you have to have the paper application with you? I filled it out online and didnt print it out.

You don't need the application, it's online. All you need is your DL. For the locals, they've also got the application online, in fact that's what they send to ISP. So, all you need is your money order for the state police and L1 fee and your DL when you get printed, and Crawfordsville PD wanted cash only.

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I promised I would report back the time it took to receive my Lifetime LTCH using the L1 process.

I just got it in the mail today, 9/11 (that seems somehow fitting for some reason...). My wait time was exactly three weeks and 1 day from the time I was fingerprinted and submitted the paperwork at the local Police department.

Just a sample of the current wait times.

-Drew

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Are there any checks and balances on these Identity Solutions folks?

Our customers include federal, state and local government agencies as well as companies in a variety of industries. L-1 is also a certified FBI Channeling Agent.

So what other agencies might our info be channeled to? I realize that the State might share info as well, but these folks just up and "appeared"..... wait and see, I guess........ :dunno:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Signs at the BMV mention L1 as well, so I am assuming they are well checked out...

Wait, this is the same BMV that decided it was MORE secure to mail people their IDs and Licenses... nevermind...

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    Well, i applied and paid online on either sunday or monday evening, and i'm scheduled to get my prints with L-1 tomorrow at 17:00 hrs at the portage hampton inn. (I do find it a little odd that this is done at a hotel, but whatever, its modern America)

From what I gather here, i'm supposed to go to my local police station to pay the rest of my dues and finish off the process there, and considering I live in Beverly Shores i guess I'll just go to my local station (I'm sure the people at L-1 will point me in the right direction anyway).

It will be nice to finally be able to carry my side arm in a few days/weeks:draw:

I'll let y'all know when i get my card how long it took.

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    L-1 got sold/acquired:

L-1 Identity Solutions Announces Agreement to Be Acquired by Safran for $12.00 per Share - L-1 Identity Solutions

Not sure if they will be changing their name but it doesn't sound like it was a bad thing.

Thank you for bringing this into the light critter.
    Apparently they also sold out to BAE.
    About Safran and BAE, I copied a couple things from there websites... and am continuing to read about them.

First Safran:
    "Corporate Governance:
    The Safran group is led by Safran SA, a French-registered company with a Supervisory Board and an Executive Board, headquartered in Paris. Safran is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris, and its share is part of the SBF 120 and Euronext 100 indexes."
    "The Safran group is a world leader in biometric technologies for fingerprint, iris and face recognition, and a major player in smart cards, identity management solutions, access management and transaction security, with solutions that meet emerging needs for the safety and security of people, companies and countries. Our integrated systems and equipment are deployed around the world, contributing to the protection of travelers, high-value infrastructures and e-transactions, as well as the identification and protection of citizens."
    "The Safran group operates worldwide, through offices and facilities in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia-Pacific. Through this global presence we enhance our competitiveness, while building industrial and commercial relations with the world’s leading prime contractors and operators.
    "

Now BAE:
    "Our Organization:
    Our organization is designed to enable us to deliver the cost, capability and overall financial performance to meet customers' needs. BAE Systems is active in each of our seven home markets - Australia, India, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sweden, UK and the US. We are divided into the following four operating groups..."
    "we have major operations across five contenents with customers and partners in 100 countrys"

OK, I've continued reading about them for a while now, and i'm going to put it on hold till a later date.

In saying what I'm about to say, I want to make it known that I don't mean to get political on this forum, and I really don't want to be misinterpreted as some kind of conspiracy nut, but this seems to be serious stuff.

These international company's apparently do business with nations that have been our enemy's at one time or another, and worst of all they do intelligence work with the EU, UK, many parts of Asia, and other Nations whom most Americans know all to well do everything in there power to make it next to impossible for there citizens to be armed.

And just to be fair, I'm glad that they are currently making it faster for us to get our carry permits and all, but somehow I just cant help but wonder where this could lead... I hope in the near future they continue to respect our constitution, and especially the second amendment.

Well time for me to get some sleep, so I can be functional tomorrow during my time with what apparently "was" L-1 security enrollment... I hope I don't have nightmares about the "blue helmets" now lol.

Last edited:

cannonball

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Crown Point
    Not sure if L1 being sold is a good or bad thing - I think I might get my wife's license ASAP. I just got mine, took about 9 days from the start to the post office delivering that little pink card to my mailbox. And that's because Crown Point reportedly only has a clerk available on Thursday mornings - so I had to wait a few days. Thanks for all the info guys - it really helped!

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Somebody told me you pay all the fees at L1 and get fingerprinted, but you still have to visit your local police station or statehouse...Why is this? Or is this person wrong?

The main reason I wanted to go through L1 is so I dont have to go through the hassle of going to the police station

Color me paranoid but Im starting to get a little freaked out and creeped out at how much government stuff is being run through private companies. Not really interested in seeing a private company make a buck off my rights or me having to deal with a company who isnt accountable to the people instead of the government...

rush176

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Does anyone know if there is a problem going to an L1 location outside your home county? My wife works in Huntington and could stop by there easier. I know she will have to go to Allen county sheriff office to complete the process.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Does anyone know if there is a problem going to an L1 location outside your home county? My wife works in Huntington and could stop by there easier. I know she will have to go to Allen county sheriff office to complete the process.

Nope, I went through L1 in a different county than where I live.

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    Well, I filed my aplication and paid my state and L1 dues on Oct 25'th, and got my fingerprints scaned on Oct 27'th, they told me that all I had to do was go to my local police department to finish the process.

I tried a bunch of times to call my police station and even droped by in person plenty of times, in both mornings and afternoons, and they were never there, I left a couple of messages on there answering service and they never called back, one time a deputy was there and he told me i had to talk to the marshal, and he didn't know when he would be around the next day.

Finally today Nov 12'th at 10:45am, i got in touch with the Beverly Shores police marshal, and he said they "don't accept electronic applications", and proceeded to hand me some paper applications and instructed me to fill them out and be ready to pay my state application fees AGAIN.

After that I proceeded to call the Indiana State Police Firearms Department at 11:45am and got a busy signal, tried again at 1:02pm and managed to reach a representative and told them what happened, they said that this was messed up and told me that they would straiten this up and call me back today.

I just called again at 3:48pm to get no answer... Obvously they are closed now and i probably wont be able to get a hold of them till Monday.

According to the porter county sheriffs website I have to finalize the application within a month or its tossed out, and I'm running out of time because of these people.

This is a real pain in the ***, I thought going through L1 would make things easyer and faster!... What am I supposed to do now, pay my state fees AGAIN? Give up and accept being unarmed?:dunno:

n3v3rtrstamor0n

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    i was told that if you cant find your county on the online app then you must do it the old fashion way.dont know how true it is but this is what i was told.

Top Bottom