• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    No, you're encouraging him to bypass the 50 post or Site Supporter rules about using the classifieds. Not only that, but encouraging him to post personal information (his email address) on a public forum. Gestapo? So if a forum has rules, they're the Gestapo?

No, let me help you out.

I am not encouraging him to do anything except give me his email address in case he wants to talk to a REASONABLE gun enthusiast.

Everything else you said, you added.

Also, this is 2023, if you don't have a burner email that you can expose on social media, you're dumb.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No, let me help you out.

I am not encouraging him to do anything except give me his email address in case he wants to talk to a REASONABLE gun enthusiast.

Everything else you said, you added.

Also, this is 2023, if you don't have a burner email that you can expose on social media, you're dumb.
    You quoted him saying that he was looking to buy a few rifles (here). You told him to post his email and you would message him. What were you going to message him about if not buying rifles? That is skirting the rules and you know it.

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    I noticed that.

No... being the son of an immigrant, I am keenly aware of 'things' of gestapo nature.

Unless you'd like to give some insight WHY the rules are needed as such, since I, the person we are referring to, and many others consider it, 'odd'.

You can of course exclude everyone that thinks it's odd, and wow, what are you left with but people that only agree with your ideology.
    FASCINATING.

I do not appreciate people ASSUMING what I am going to do when I talk to that person, off of this site. But considering I am in the industry, it's none of your business.

So, are you saying there is a SPECIFIC rule that states I cannot tell someone to contact me off site?

Might want to tell everyone in the classifieds.

Does the 50 post rule preclude ME making a friend with someone on here that has not done their duty to post 50 times?

Did you mention YET, how posting 50 times does... what exactly?
    Prevent drive-bys? Why is that your concern?
    It seems the 50 post rule is solely there to get content, especially since it's "quality posts".

Did you consider that maybe if you were cordial, didn't have the 50, you'd get more people hanging around AFTER, than being put off, BEFORE?

None of my business... I just like to know why people that have control over what I do, do certain things.

Because it always seems to come back to just a FEW things, when people control you.

And I guess a last point...

If someone in this forum needs money, and is trying to sell something...
    ARE YOU COMFORTABLE, with them missing a bill, or mortgage payment,
    because someone from the 'outside' cannot buy their item?

Because that is what will and has happened.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No... being the son of an immigrant, I am keenly aware of 'things' of gestapo nature.

Unless you'd like to give some insight WHY the rules are needed as such, since I, the person we are referring to, and many others consider it, 'odd'.

You can of course exclude everyone that thinks it's odd, and wow, what are you left with but people that only agree with your ideology.
    FASCINATING.

I do not appreciate people ASSUMING what I am going to do when I talk to that person, off of this site. But considering I am in the industry, it's none of your business.

So, are you saying there is a SPECIFIC rule that states I cannot tell someone to contact me off site?

Might want to tell everyone in the classifieds.

Does the 50 post rule preclude ME making a friend with someone on here that has not done their duty to post 50 times?

Did you mention YET, how posting 50 times does... what exactly?
    Prevent drive-bys? Why is that your concern?
    It seems the 50 post rule is solely there to get content, especially since it's "quality posts".

Did you consider that maybe if you were cordial, didn't have the 50, you'd get more people hanging around AFTER, than being put off, BEFORE?

None of my business... I just like to know why people that have control over what I do, do certain things.

Because it always seems to come back to just a FEW things, when people control you.

And I guess a last point...

Have a bad day or something?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

If only there were other places to sell guns... Why, that would solve everything!

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    Have a bad day or something?

Every day is a bad day. I run a self-funded humanitarian charity.

Every day I see silly rules put into place that hinder the rational move forward to help other people.

People CLAIM these rules have a purpose, but... the purpose is ALWAYS self-serving, and not serving others.

Look, I kinda get the 50 rule. You want to create a community... but everyone comes off as a massive jerk about it. Do you REALLY think that creates a community or a buddy-buddy echo chamber? Do you not get the feeling that with a 50 comment limit, you're mainly just going to get 50-51 comments and that's it?

Did that help?

Look at my very first post here, y'all did that to me then.

And since then, through absolutely ZERO help from ANYONE HERE IN MY HOME STATE, I created a full gun career. That sounds silly doesn't it? You guys could have been part of it, but people here were jerks, so I wrote ya off.

The funny thing is, I could bring in just about any CEO or engineer from any gun manufacturer into this forum to chat with y'all, but I'd be embarrassed to, because this is not a friendly forum.

I could let you know all the interesting things to come, before Shot Show even starts getting talked about. But y'all are mean. Why would I?

I get so much free stuff given to me, that if this was a friendly forum, I would just give it to y'all to auction or raffle off for money. I had an ammo company before the shortage, sending me a case a week. I was handing it out like candy... oh that's right, last time I did anything was at ProTeq. I was handing out boxes of ammo like it was burning my range bag.

Would it really kill you people to be pleasant?

Seriously?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    200.webp

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So let me get this straight.

Not only do the gestapo limit DMs... but now the thought police will not allow me to contact him outside of this place?

Interesting.
    If you don’t like the rules here you are free to leave.

Wouldn’t want you to be associating with such an oppressive bunch.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    So if someone was unhappy with the rules and how the site is run, can they just leave the forum on their own without first being banned? Just wondering. I have no issues and intend on sticking around.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom