• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Understood, but what's the other option? The realistic option? Look, I don't like it. Haven't liked it for a long time but what's the solution other than the primaries? By the time it gets to the general election it's too late and there is too much at stake.

Congress will not change it will still be ran by a majority of conservatives. The Governor has no power unless our conservative Congress gives in to him/her.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd support Rainwater, if he'd commit to dropping out towards the end if polling shows he cannot contend for a win.

That symbolical action alone could push the libertairian party into serious consideration of a lot of folks frustrated by the two party system.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You'd be better off to try for a recall if your constitution allows it. It doesn't have the downside if you lose, and if you come close you might just put the fear of God in him

Barring that, the shortest way would be for the legislature to cool his jets for him with a veto proof majority

This i would gladly support. If he made a 360 grew some balls I'd vote for him. Right now no I can't.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Well, I have been a member of this forum for about ten years but moved to the state a few months ago, too late to vote in the primaries but am now registered and will vote this November. I left Illinois because the whole state is run by chicago democrats that tax everything and would love to take every gun in the state. With the majority of people in the chicago area voting democrat and the down state districts drawn by those same democrats the house and senate both have a veto proof majority.
    Some of the republicans are stand-up-guys but there are not enough of them to make a difference. They are nullified by the RINO's that to me are lower than snakes. There was a bill designed to run FFL's out of business and I saw two RINO's on the floor argue this would be good for Illinois. Well, it passed and slightly over half the FFL's closed shop.
    So yes I know how despicable a RINO is and in some ways I hate them worse than a Democrat. That being said I will NEVER vote for a Democrat again in my life! For all his faults he is not as bad as the governor I left. What am I going to do? I will vote for Holcomb, from what I have learned I will have to hold my nose to do it but a "L" or write in is a vote for the democrat. As stated several times above the primaries are the time to remedy the situation not some futile protest vote in the general election. Even if you don't beat the RINO you will cost them money they need for the general election.
    I would hate to see my new state turn into the same crap hole I just left but comments I see here are part of what keeps the "good people" of Illinois down. Republicans will fight and argue with each other in the primaries just like the Democrats but there is one big difference. After the primary republicans that backed the loser will have a hissy fit and stay home or protest vote for a third party or write-in. Or the loser will form a new party and run again just splitting the vote. Democrats on the other hand will all hold hands and vote for the party choice doesn't matter if they like them or not. That is how elections are won and lost and I have spent 50 years voting in Illinois and losing every time. Jim.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, I have been a member of this forum for about ten years but moved to the state a few months ago, too late to vote in the primaries but am now registered and will vote this November. I left Illinois because the whole state is run by chicago democrats that tax everything and would love to take every gun in the state. With the majority of people in the chicago area voting democrat and the down state districts drawn by those same democrats the house and senate both have a veto proof majority.
    Some of the republicans are stand-up-guys but there are not enough of them to make a difference. They are nullified by the RINO's that to me are lower than snakes. There was a bill designed to run FFL's out of business and I saw two RINO's on the floor argue this would be good for Illinois. Well, it passed and slightly over half the FFL's closed shop.
    So yes I know how despicable a RINO is and in some ways I hate them worse than a Democrat. That being said I will NEVER vote for a Democrat again in my life! For all his faults he is not as bad as the governor I left. What am I going to do? I will vote for Holcomb, from what I have learned I will have to hold my nose to do it but a "L" or write in is a vote for the democrat. As stated several times above the primaries are the time to remedy the situation not some futile protest vote in the general election. Even if you don't beat the RINO you will cost them money they need for the general election.
    I would hate to see my new state turn into the same crap hole I just left but comments I see here are part of what keeps the "good people" of Illinois down. Republicans will fight and argue with each other in the primaries just like the Democrats but there is one big difference. After the primary republicans that backed the loser will have a hissy fit and stay home or protest vote for a third party or write-in. Or the loser will form a new party and run again just splitting the vote. Democrats on the other hand will all hold hands and vote for the party choice doesn't matter if they like them or not. That is how elections are won and lost and I have spent 50 years voting in Illinois and losing every time. Jim.

I never ever understood a "Protest" vote. Protesting what. And to whom. Who will see and absolutely nobody but you gives 2 :poop:s about any of this insanity.

If it is not obvious as to what this does then we are truly lost and yes I am in the wrong gun forum.

Very disappointing.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I voted in the primary election. How many here did? I had ONE choice on the ballot for governor. When is someone going to put forth a candidate in the PRIMARY election to contest the incumbent?? That is the issue.

I voted in the GOP primary, but I did not cast a vote for Holcomb. I simply left it blank.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I voted in the primary election. How many here did? I had ONE choice on the ballot for governor. When is someone going to put forth a candidate in the PRIMARY election to contest the incumbent?? That is the issue.

I voted for Holcomb in the primary, giving him the benefit of the doubt on "Two More Weeks".

November? Hell no. Not after him pandering BLM "protesters".

I cast vote on policies, not affiliation or personalities.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So we have Holcomb acting and doing things just like Democrat governors in other states. Yet somehow he isn't a Democrat. Yet the belief here is putting Holcomb in is somehow better even though he basically does the same things a Democrat Governor would do.

That is the insanity I don't understand.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    So we have Holcomb acting and doing things just like Democrat governors in other states. Yet somehow he isn't a Democrat. Yet the belief here is putting Holcomb in is somehow better even though he basically does the same things a Democrat Governor would do.
    The lesser of 2 evils my friend.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The insanity is people actually believing they can write in a candidate this late in the game. Especially here.

The 2 party system is the issue. Who outside of that are you seriously thinking has any shot at the brass ring. There is no one and Holcomb knows it.
    Again, if you split the vote that depletes the right. Gives that horrible example with the dems a serious shot at riding herd over us until we can do something in the primary's.

Now how is this insanity. I see it as reality. And reality sucks butts.

Your vote to do as you see fit with it but damnit people we argue over any and every ****ing thing and that's why we will loose this nation. We are being stupid. All of us. How do we get our heads out of our butt cracks and move forward in unison. You know, like the Dems do for Gods sake.

We sound like a bunch of damned woman.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    The insanity is people actually believing they can write in a candidate this late in the game. Especially here.

The 2 party system is the issue. Who outside of that are you seriously thinking has any shot at the brass ring. There is no one and Holcomb knows it.
    Again, if you split the vote that depletes the right. Gives that horrible example with the dems a serious shot at riding herd over us until we can do something in the primary's.

Your vote to do as you see fit with it but damnit people we argue over any and every ****ing thing and that's why we will loose this nation. We are being stupid. All of us. How do we get our heads out of our butt cracks and move forward in unison. You know, like the Dems do for Gods sake.

TRUTH, plain and simple.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I got your point. The problem is we all as a whole are not active enough to make sure good people get put into the primaries and when they do we don't work to get them voted in. So maybe I will vote for the nutless wonder this time. However, next time the republican party wants to pass a rino off on us we had better say no strongly in the primaries.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got your point. The problem is we all as a whole are not active enough to make sure good people get put into the primaries and when they do we don't work to get them voted in. So maybe I will vote for the nutless wonder this time. However, next time the republican party wants to pass a rino off on us we had better say no strongly in the primaries.

That's my entire point. We spend so much time tossing comments and personal agendas around we miss the brass ring every time it comes around.
    And yes he has no nuts. Having met his wife I believe she has them in her purse.

We are so easily distracted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom