• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not my experience, but my mom's. She was sitting with other adults at the family 4th of July party and she felt someone tug her hair. She turned around and there was nobody near, but some of the kids were playing farther away in the yard. She though one of them might have been playing a joke. A couple of minutes later she felt another tug and turned around quick to catch which kid. Again no one nearby, definitely not close enough to have tugged her hair and ran. The other adults asked her what she was looking at, so she asked if any of the kids had ran up behind her. They all said no. Her mom had passed away a few months before and always tugged her hair and told her she should get it cut.

Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    Not my experience, but my mom's. She was sitting with other adults at the family 4th of July party and she felt someone tug her hair. She turned around and there was nobody near, but some of the kids were playing farther away in the yard. She though one of them might have been playing a joke. A couple of minutes later she felt another tug and turned around quick to catch which kid. Again no one nearby, definitely not close enough to have tugged her hair and ran. The other adults asked her what she was looking at, so she asked if any of the kids had ran up behind her. They all said no. Her mom had passed away a few months before and always tugged her hair and told her she should get it cut.

4th party?
    Alcohol never alters perception.
    Everyone tries to find an explanation for something they believe or don't understand. Something seen, heard, felt, etc. and if the explanation is associated with a personal event, it's justified.
    If someone wants to believe something, they will look for anything relative to that belief in an attempt to validate it.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    4th party?
    Alcohol never alters perception.
    Everyone tries to find an explanation for something they believe or don't understand. Something seen, heard, felt, etc. and if the explanation is associated with a personal event, it's justified.
    If someone wants to believe something, they will look for anything relative to that belief in an attempt to validate it.
    I didn't see where timjoebillybob said anything about alcohol being involved. I'm skeptical of these kind of things too, and I've had a very unusual experience before, so, I'm not going to tell anyone else they were either drunk or imagining things when something unusual happened. Way too much of the unknown out there to just laugh it all off and pretend to "know" the truth.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I like this thread and enjoy reading these. Nothing has ever happened to me but I believe what these folks have experienced. Nothing is cut and dry, there is not always an explanation.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    When you are alone, your sub-conscious distorts reality, especially after a suggestive comment.
    Anything can be determined relative, even though it's coincidence, and an over-active imagination.

If you were told a gruesome murder happened on the street in front of your house, and the victims could be heard calling out and been seen standing in the street late at night, you would suddenly associate noises you hear at night and any odd sightings, on that incident. Whether it ever happened or not.

My experience didn't have any precursors and the likes as my day is filled with work stuff. I understand what you're saying but there are things science hasn't been able to explain.

Example:

-My niece in law, when she ws 6, she and her family visited her aunt in the hospital, her folks didn't tell her that her aunt had passed away already. She came out of the room saying that her aunt talked to her and said goodbye, which is not possible.

- My wife and her 4 interns took a nap break after helping elderly folks in the clinic the whole day. My wife had a dream, a vivid one. She described seeing an old lady in a warehouse, forgot the details, but it was scary/bizzare enough to wake her up. The rest of the interns later woke up. My wife started telling them her dream, described the old woman and what she was wearing, when the interns interrupted and told her that's the same old lady in their dreams, and creepy enough, they all had the exact same dream.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I didn't see where timjoebillybob said anything about alcohol being involved. I'm skeptical of these kind of things too, and I've had a very unusual experience before, so, I'm not going to tell anyone else they were either drunk or imagining things when something unusual happened. Way too much of the unknown out there to just laugh it all off and pretend to "know" the truth.

I can't guarantee it but I'd be willing to bet no alcohol involved. It was earlier in the day around lunchtime iirc. While the guys may have been having some beer while pitching shoes the women didn't start drinking until the kids were in bed. At least not that I can remember from back then.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Okay, give me a logical explanation for my story,

My wife tells me that a couple times I've gotten up in the middle of the night to help with one of the kids and I didn't remember it. One story she likes to tell is she had been struggling to get my son to settle down and go back to sleep in the middle of the night when he was little... I got up, went in the room, told him sternly to "knock it off and go 'night-night.'" He quieted down and my wife finally got some sleep. I had no recollection of the event, and my wife finds that funny. Just because your parents both say neither of them got up, doesn't mean that's what really happened. People fail to remember half-asleep activity in the middle of the night all the time.

-rvb

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My wife tells me that a couple times I've gotten up in the middle of the night to help with one of the kids and I didn't remember it. One story she likes to tell is she had been struggling to get my son to settle down and go back to sleep in the middle of the night when he was little... I got up, went in the room, told him sternly to "knock it off and go 'night-night.'" He quieted down and my wife finally got some sleep. I had no recollection of the event, and my wife finds that funny. Just because your parents both say neither of them got up, doesn't mean that's what really happened. People fail to remember half-asleep activity in the middle of the night all the time.

-rvb

Hi Buzz Killington II, your dad was here yesterday

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I believe in angels and the Holy Spirit. Angels sent by God have always, unless there are Biblical examples I'm not remembering, first tried to calm fears by telling those who see them not to be afraid.

I believe in demons, those spirits sent by Satan to unleash evil on the world. Is it possible Satan uses apparitions for his evil goals? ok, I suppose. Especially if that help create rifts between God and man.

I do not believe in "lost souls" wondering the Earth, re-living some small piece of their life or getting hung up on their death, occasionally/randomly visible to those still alive.

I also believe, as mentioned above, in the power of suggestion. The small things that put an idea in our mind that our imagination runs away with. Like when I was out with my telescope a couple weeks ago and I heard some rustling nearby and I turned to see what at first I thought was some kind of large animal looking at me. It made my blood run cold. but oh, wait, a fraction of a second later I could see it was a shrub in the neighbor's yard. The brain is wired to pick danger out of the darkness; sometimes it does that too well when no danger is really there. In my case, I was already pre-disposed to think "animal," since I had been keeping a mental tab on the location of a skunk that was hanging out under some nearby trees...

-rvb

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Did anyone mention the ghost that lives at Shootrite?

Legend has it that many, many years ago someone died while running a shotgun course. If you ever go, beware - the ghost will get you. He likes to pull triggers while you hold your 870 in an effort to try to get more to die and keep him company. Always follow the three rules.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

-rvb

That would be the only rational explanation except for one thing: No one in my family has ever done anything like that at all...no sleepwalking, no getting up to use the bathroom and still being so out of it sleepy as to not remember even going.
    It's also worth mentioning that whoever it was, he was there to entertain my baby, who was responding positively to that, and whoever it was clearly had been prompted to leave the very moment that he saw that I had just sat up in bed.
    Like you, I'm very reluctant to believe in "ghosts" as such, and for the same reasons, namely that my religious beliefs are that a person's spirit goes to its final destination, never in some kind of limbo.
    I still don't believe this was some kind of apparition of some sort, but I still haven't gotten a rational answer for it, and sleepwalking or impaired memory from getting up while extremely drowsy isn't the answer in this case, although I'm sure it is the answer in plenty of other cases.

Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    So, how can one not believe in ghosts, but believe in god and satan?
    There is no shred of evidence of any of these entities. People propagate any number of things to try to explain the unknown, even though there is no evidence to support these theories.

There is more information to support extra terrestrials than any of the folklore, legends, religion, or any of the other hypothesis and theories that are commonly believed.

People are conditioned to believe. If someone is never exposed to any of this information, do you think they would actually believe any of it? People on here criticize the anti-gun people, because they spread what they believe, even without the evidence to support their beliefs. They are conditioned to believe it, and constantly fed the information, so naturally it must be true.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    So, how can one not believe in ghosts, but believe in god and satan?
    There is no shred of evidence of any of these entities. People propagate any number of things to try to explain the unknown, even though there is no evidence to support these theories.

There is more information to support extra terrestrials than any of the folklore, legends, religion, or any of the other hypothesis and theories that are commonly believed.

People are conditioned to believe. If someone is never exposed to any of this information, do you think they would actually believe any of it? People on here criticize the anti-gun people, because they spread what they believe, even without the evidence to support their beliefs. They are conditioned to believe it, and constantly fed the information, so naturally it must be true.

Do you make it a habit to be insulting - from showing barely restrained contempt for religious people to assuming that another poster's own aunt was drinking - and to have such poor reading comprehension?

Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    Do you make it a habit to be insulting - from showing barely restrained contempt for religious people to assuming that another poster's own aunt was drinking - and to have such poor reading comprehension?

I make it a habit to be realistic. If you are insulted, maybe you should give your wife her panties back and get some big boy shorts.

I have no contempt towards religious people. I also included more than religion, if you have the ability for reading comprehension. I asked a question, then presented a statement.
    If you are insulted by someone questioning your beliefs, you should re-evaluate them. If you can prove any of what I stated (not just religion, any of it) without a doubt, I'm listening.
    It hasn't been done in the past, and I don't see it happening in the future. It's your choice to believe whatever it is you want to believe, but for me, I can use logic, and question anything that doesn't make sense or that can not be proven. I don't follow, just to be a part of the crowd.

Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    IOHaRw1.jpg

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I make it a habit to be realistic. If you are insulted, maybe you should give your wife her panties back and get some big boy shorts.

I have no contempt towards religious people. I also included more than religion, if you have the ability for reading comprehension. I asked a question, then presented a statement.
    If you are insulted by someone questioning your beliefs, you should re-evaluate them. If you can prove any of what I stated (not just religion, any of it) without a doubt, I'm listening.
    It hasn't been done in the past, and I don't see it happening in the future. It's your choice to believe whatever it is you want to believe, but for me, I can use logic, and question anything that doesn't make sense or that can not be proven. I don't follow, just to be a part of the crowd.

Okay, so you've at least confirmed that your a full on *******.
    Good to have that front and center for everyone else.

Top Bottom