• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife is HUGE into the Missing 411, missing persons, and unsolved crime stuff now. Not just the books and podcasts, but is big into some of the actual sleuth work. There is some really nutty stuff out there.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My wife is HUGE into the Missing 411, missing persons, and unsolved crime stuff now. Not just the books and podcasts, but is big into some of the actual sleuth work. There is some really nutty stuff out there.

Read the second one here......I have been trying to figure out how to get it to Paulides as the hunter's story seems kind of Missing 411ish.....Maybe your wife can forward it to him...

Are you afraid? More real-life hunting ghost stories - WildIndiana.com

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Several years ago I was head maintenance man at the federal court house in Ft Wayne, so one Saturday afternoon I was in the building alone,just me and the armed gaurd outside, I was checking the boilers and heat registers,when I heard a door slam and I smelled pipe smoke....odd there's no doors like that in the small down stairs court room.....really odd,no one smokes a pipe at that building....after investigation, nothing turned up, I saw the weekend gaurd,told him about the door, he said 1st floor court room?did you smell smoke? Then he said it's our ghost....we all have experienced him

Ufo.....Google 3 orange orbs....I saw this over ft Wayne 6 or 7 years ago, unreal no stars no moon,just 3 orange orbs,hovering in in one place, I watched for am hour then all at once, they zigzag Zayed at unreal speeds and we're gone,30 seconds later the moon and stars were back

Unreal.....

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Years ago in the fall , I was trucking through Ohio in the middle of the night. Feeling sleepy (no truck stops in sight) and not wanting to deal with the heavy fog situation that had been developing along my route, I decided to pull off the road in a vacant lot and take a nap. I was sleeping good until sometime in the early hours I awoke to a "scratching sound" on my sleeper berth. Slightly annoyed, I got up to see what it was, but saw nothing outside my truck. Having a restless time after that I heard a sound like people conversating outside. My truck was off, radio was off, not a living soul, nor no other trucks or anything parked nearby... all was quiet. I returned to sleep, or tried to but continued to have crazy dreams until first daylight. Morning finally came, and I was still tired from having such a restless night. I got up to do my walk-around/pre-trip inspection. Daylight dawning and fog starting to lift, I noticed that I had inadvertently parked next to an old "settlers cemetery"!

exodus125

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Years ago in the fall , I was trucking through Ohio in the middle of the night. Feeling sleepy (no truck stops in sight) and not wanting to deal with the heavy fog situation that had been developing along my route, I decided to pull off the road in a vacant lot and take a nap. I was sleeping good until sometime in the early hours I awoke to a "scratching sound" on my sleeper berth. Slightly annoyed, I got up to see what it was, but saw nothing outside my truck. Having a restless time after that I heard a sound like people conversating outside. My truck was off, radio was off, not a living soul, nor no other trucks or anything parked nearby... all was quiet. I returned to sleep, or tried to but continued to have crazy dreams until first daylight. Morning finally came, and I was still tired from having such a restless night. I got up to do my walk-around/pre-trip inspection. Daylight dawning and fog starting to lift, I noticed that I had inadvertently parked next to an old "settlers cemetery"!

Good one :yesway:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Man I never have witnessed anything paranormal.
    I have spent long hours on guard duty with NVG’s on staring at the sky and woods looking for Bigfoot,Chupacabra,ghosts,UFO’s.
    Nothing nada zip.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I have a few, and several of them are related to each other.

My father passed away from cancer and we knew he didn't have a lot of time, but the end came suddenly. I was at my parent's house, but my brother lived in Tennessee and was still at home when it happened. I called him about 5 minutes after dad had passed. When he answered he said he already knew. I asked how and he said that 5 minutes earlier the outside water spigot had suddenly turned on full power and he had to get out of bed to go turn it off. There was no one around so he figured dad had played one last practical joke.

I told my mother about that story and she told me that the same thing had happened to her when her dad had passed. Her and her sister saw him standing outside looking in at them through the window. He instantly disappeared when their older sister came down to tell them that he had passed away. The window they were looking out was about 10 feet off the ground. My aunt confirmed the story to me.

My mother had a degenerative muscle disease so had to come live with us after dad died. One night she had called for me because she needed to go to the bathroom. I went in to get her and she told me that dad was there. I asked her what on earth she meant and she pointed and said he was sitting on the bed. I looked where she was pointing and could clearly see a depression in the bed as if someone was sitting on the end of it.

Last summer I visited the Waterloo battlefield, recently posted a thread about it. Since I wasn't familiar with the area I hired a tour guide, not cheap, but well worth it. When we visited the farm of Hougemont he told me the following story. He said that he personally was an atheist and didn't believe in ghost stories, but the Hougemont farm had been turned into a museum and he has heard a lot of ghost stories related to it. He said he never gave it much thought, but one of the things they have done is made it so that you can rent a room at the farm and spend the night. He said it is very expensive with a very long waiting list, and in all the time he has been giving tours he only had one client that actually stayed there. He said that when he picked him up that morning he jokingly asked the guy if he had seen any ghosts? He said the guy turned white as a sheet, and said that when he got up to use the bathroom an English soldier had ran passed him in the hallway. My guide said that he wouldn't give the story any credence except the man in question is a well-known professor who teaches classes about how such things aren't real.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Here is one I posted for a writer here on INGO who then shared it on Wild Indiana with my permission...

http://wildindiana.com/ghost-stories-two-tales-of-haunted-hoosier-hunting/

Hunters know the bond that grows between a man and his beloved dog. Sometimes that bond carries over into the afterlife. Souls refuse to crossover and remain trapped in their own personal purgatory, as in this next story from Richard Geary.
    During trapping season in 1984 my friend and I went up to his family’s cabin on the Muscatatuck River to set our trap lines. That day a mangy redbone hound kept following us around while we were setting our traps.
    At daybreak the next morning we were up stoking up the fire and getting ready to check our traps. A very thick fog blanketed the area. While we were sitting around the campfire a voice that seemed to be coming from a well called out, ‘Have y’all seen a coon dog ‘round?’ We nearly jumped out of our skins.
    We were at a very remote camp and yet the hollow voice sounded like it was right beside us. I remember easing my hand towards my Ruger 10/22 rifle and asked, ‘A redbone hound?’ I will never forget how he answered. The eerie, dejected voice simply replied, ‘No’.
    My buddy was getting nervous. By this time I had my rifle in my hands. I called out, ‘Come on into the camp and have some coffee.’ There was silence for a moment and then the voice asked, ‘Are y’all trapping?’ I said we were, and then got up to try to locate him in the fog. My buddy was already looking around and whispered to me, ‘I can’t see him. I can’t tell where he’s at.’
    All of a sudden the fog began lifting. We frantically searched around for the man that belonged to the eerie voice. I looked down towards the river and spotted the figure of a man with a fedora hat and plaid hunting shirt. I started running towards the figure, waving my arms saying, ‘Who should we contact if we see the dog?’
    As I got close I rubbed my eyes in disbelief. He appeared to be an image projected onto the fog, and as the fog began to break up, his “projection” began to break up with it.
    He shouted out a name which escapes me to this day.
    As the fog lifted we went down to where I saw him standing but there were no tracks.
    The rest of the weekend was uneventful. When we got back to Clarksville, we told my buddy’s dad about what had happened. He said he had heard stories about a ghost that roamed the river bottoms around North Vernon.

Twenty years later I was at a historical re-enactment in southern Ohio. A bunch of us were standing around a campfire one evening, passing around a bottle of whiskey and telling stories. Two of the guys were from the North Vernon area.

The bottle came my way and after a stiff shot I started to tell my story. ‘A buddy and I had something weird happen to us up on the Muscatatuck River one time—‘ One of the men from North Vernon interrupted me. ‘Did a man ask you about a coon dog?’

My look told him the answer. He told me the story that was passed down through his family: The ghostly hunter once had a number of children, was a widower, and a passionate coonhunter. He dearly loved his children and was their sole support. One night he lost his dog while out hunting. Fearing to lose his treasured hound, the hunter left his oldest child in charge, and went back searching. Tragically, he died that day, never finding his beloved hound or getting back to his children.
    As the years pass, my memory fades. I try to convince myself that someone had shouted at us from a couple hundred yards away, and it was just the fog playing tricks on my ears. But, in the back of my mind I know what happened that day, and I know I am lying to myself to think otherwise. That’s what people do when they don’t have reasonable explanations to supernatural events.

Looking back, there was nothing malicious about the ghostly hunter. He asked a few questions and was gone.
    To this day coonhunters, fisherman, hunters, and trappers along the Muscatatuck River still have encounters with him.

Last edited:

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I remember when you told me that story and it still gets me.

Here is one I posted for a writer here on INGO who then shared it on Wild Indiana with my permission...

http://wildindiana.com/ghost-stories-two-tales-of-haunted-hoosier-hunting/

Hunters know the bond that grows between a man and his beloved dog. Sometimes that bond carries over into the afterlife. Souls refuse to crossover and remain trapped in their own personal purgatory, as in this next story from Richard Geary.
    During trapping season in 1984 my friend and I went up to his family’s cabin on the Muscatatuck River to set our trap lines. That day a mangy redbone hound kept following us around while we were setting our traps.
    At daybreak the next morning we were up stoking up the fire and getting ready to check our traps. A very thick fog blanketed the area. While we were sitting around the campfire a voice that seemed to be coming from a well called out, ‘Have y’all seen a coon dog ‘round?’ We nearly jumped out of our skins.
    We were at a very remote camp and yet the hollow voice sounded like it was right beside us. I remember easing my hand towards my Ruger 10/22 rifle and asked, ‘A redbone hound?’ I will never forget how he answered. The eerie, dejected voice simply replied, ‘No’.
    My buddy was getting nervous. By this time I had my rifle in my hands. I called out, ‘Come on into the camp and have some coffee.’ There was silence for a moment and then the voice asked, ‘Are y’all trapping?’ I said we were, and then got up to try to locate him in the fog. My buddy was already looking around and whispered to me, ‘I can’t see him. I can’t tell where he’s at.’
    All of a sudden the fog began lifting. We frantically searched around for the man that belonged to the eerie voice. I looked down towards the river and spotted the figure of a man with a fedora hat and plaid hunting shirt. I started running towards the figure, waving my arms saying, ‘Who should we contact if we see the dog?’
    As I got close I rubbed my eyes in disbelief. He appeared to be an image projected onto the fog, and as the fog began to break up, his “projection” began to break up with it.
    He shouted out a name which escapes me to this day.
    As the fog lifted we went down to where I saw him standing but there were no tracks.
    The rest of the weekend was uneventful. When we got back to Clarksville, we told my buddy’s dad about what had happened. He said he had heard stories about a ghost that roamed the river bottoms around North Vernon.

Twenty years later I was at a historical re-enactment in southern Ohio. A bunch of us were standing around a campfire one evening, passing around a bottle of whiskey and telling stories. Two of the guys were from the North Vernon area.

The bottle came my way and after a stiff shot I started to tell my story. ‘A buddy and I had something weird happen to us up on the Muscatatuck River one time—‘ One of the men from North Vernon interrupted me. ‘Did a man ask you about a coon dog?’

My look told him the answer. He told me the story that was passed down through his family: The ghostly hunter once had a number of children, was a widower, and a passionate coonhunter. He dearly loved his children and was their sole support. One night he lost his dog while out hunting. Fearing to lose his treasured hound, the hunter left his oldest child in charge, and went back searching. Tragically, he died that day, never finding his beloved hound or getting back to his children.
    As the years pass, my memory fades. I try to convince myself that someone had shouted at us from a couple hundred yards away, and it was just the fog playing tricks on my ears. But, in the back of my mind I know what happened that day, and I know I am lying to myself to think otherwise. That’s what people do when they don’t have reasonable explanations to supernatural events.

Looking back, there was nothing malicious about the ghostly hunter. He asked a few questions and was gone.
    To this day coonhunters, fisherman, hunters, and trappers along the Muscatatuck River still have encounters with him.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    UFO near Anderson Indiana 1994 Brickyard 400 party about 11-12 pm. Nice quite winding down party with tons of beer cans and drunken people watching the fire burn. Then one went over to water a tree so to speak and came running back pointing and saying “look look” a perfectly shaped silent semi cigar shaped moving very slow no noise kinda clear dome with light not bright and othe flashing lights around it. In the light you could see being inside. Then we saw what is was. The Goodyear blimp coming from the track to somewhere in Ohio.

For the first 30 seconds to 90 seconds it was a UFO for sure to all there. It was very low very slow. Did not think they used blimps at night.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I just listen to that this am...They got a FOIA request put in when the incident happened and this is all of the info...Pretty crazy...While perusing that story I came upon this about the O'Hare UFO.....Kind of neat seeing the talking head a little rattled and full of wonderment...

[video=youtube;AlhiAFHHTM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlhiAFHHTM4[/video]

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Was stationed at RAF Woodbridge, UK in the early 80's. At the time I was just an Airman First Class and worked swing shift from three to midnight. One night, we had to do an engine run out on the Trim Pad. The pad was located on the east end of the airfield with no lights or buildings. My boss, another NCO and I all headed out there to prep the aircraft for the run. About 30 minutes into the job, my boss and the other NCO said they had to run back to the Line shack on the West end. They take off in the truck and leave me out there by myself for two hours. It was a moonless night and the fog was creeping in from Rendlesham Forest. I sat there in the dark, on the wing of an A-10, bored and annoyed. The air was still and the fog muffled any noise from the active side of the base. Finally, I saw a light approaching the plane. At first, it was difficult to make out. As it got closer, it was my boss pulling up in the truck. His first words were, "did you see anything?" I replied "nope" and asked "why were you gone so long?"

He then told me the story of "East End Charlie" who haunted the east end of the airfield. Back in WWII, a German plane had crash landed on RAF Woodbridge. The pilot had died within the mangled wreckage of a Messerschmidt. When the rescue crews opened the cockpit, the body was there, but his head was missing. The story goes that on moonless nights, people would see the silhouette of a man riding a bike around on the east end of the airfield. As the bike rider got closer, the observer would realize that the rider had no head. My boss was very superstitious and believed this story. However, he did not want to experience it first hand. With that in mind, he and the other NCO decided to leave me out there, and see if I would catch a glimpse of a "headless bike rider".

Years later, I came across the UFO story of the Rendlesham Forest Incident. This was very close to where I was stuck on that creepy Trim Pad. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendlesham_Forest_incident

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    So here is one of my UFO stories. August 1986 I was 13 living in Georgetown. It was a Thursday night and I was taking out garbage. The driveway was 35 foot from the house to the road. For some reason when I was done I just stopped about half way and started staring up at the sky. My house was near the end of a dead end street. There was the house next door, then large empty field and then the house at the end of the street. Suddenly, I heard a noise and the empty lot lit up like daytime. I ran into my neighbors yard and hid under the tree. I could feel energy in the air. It was about 40 feet off the ground. It was round with a concave base. No conventional means of propulsion, no obvious way for it to land. It was dead still. It made a low pulsing noise. After about 30-45 seconds the lights dimmed and the noise quit and it slowly flew off. The back was flat and three lights across the back. A red, blue and green one. I have never seen anything like it since.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I had to dig this one up after a recent experience.

I would say I’m pretty skeptical of ghost stories. My wife, however, is a huge fan of ghost hunter shows and similar. We went to Savannah last week and she really wanted to stay at a hotel with a reputation as being haunted. Not being a big believer, I didn’t care since it was a cool historical hotel. The first day, everything was fine. We had one somewhat odd experience, though. The room was very small, so the bed was about 3’ from the bathroom door. As I was about to exit the bathroom, I could hear my wife telling me something from the bed but I couldn’t understand what was saying. I opened the door and told her I couldn’t hear what she was saying with the door closed. She stared at me and said she hadn’t said anything. It was definitely a female voice saying something through the door. A few hours later, my wife heard it too. Odd, but could have other explanations. The next one…I have nothing to explain it.

The last night of the trip my wife insisted we wander the hotel at midnight to “find a ghost.” I had a couple beers left in the fridge, so whatever I’ll follow her around and let her have fun. I was behind her a few feet as we passed a storage closet. I could see the door wasn’t all the way latches closed, but was otherwise shut. As I stepped past the door, it slammed shut quite forcefully. I jumped, and cursed a little. We opened the door and it was just a storage closet with some pipes and a ladder. No people, no vents, no doorways, so it wasn’t an airflow thing. We put the door back the way it was and walked past it multiple times to see if maybe the floor had something to do with it, but it never moved. Finally, I pushed on it and it wouldn’t budge. The only way I could shut it was to twist the handle and shut it. We ended up leaving it the way it originally was and 9am the next morning it was still the same as we left it. I honestly have no explanation for how that door could have slammed shut next to me.

Top Bottom