• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have carried a 1911 platform for 62 years so that is what I carry. Can not shoot a Glock worth a darn. Had a 19, son loves, gave to him when he got his degree. Have a 17 and a Sig 229R Elite, the only 9mm's. Sig went to factory for action work, it was better than the Glock before but now it is great. I shoot it better than glocks but will carry my 6" STI 10mm 2011 loaded to max.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ordered a Gen 4 Glock 19 today. It'll pair nicely with a Surefire xc-1 and a Henry Holsters OWB. May pick up an IWB for it also if I can drop some weight.

Sig makes a good pistol but I prefer the simplicity of the Glock.

Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    I am seriously considering purchasing a Glock 19. I have a Shield that I carry right now, but no matter how hard I try, I do not shoot it as well as a full size gun. I can hit targets ok with the Shield but am right on with my VP9. I am a smaller built guy and cannot comfortably carry it IWB. I tried out a freinds 19 and it fit better IWB. Here I thought I would never own one. Not to say they are not a great handgun.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Because of it's conceal-ability. My EDC has been a Sig Equinox for quite some time. Recently on two separate occasions. When I un holstered my Sig 239 Equinox at the range. The gun went click instead of boom! I promptly dispatched it in exchange for a G27. And then a G43. Both are easily concealed. They must sprinkle crack on Glocks because I want more. I'm not kidding, like now! If you were going to buy a full size Glock, what would it be? I'm typically a .40 person but I'm thinking G34. Thoughts?

Cool thing about Glock pistols...if you buy any model in .40 caliber...you can buy + shoot .357SIG (different barrel) + 9mm (9mm conversion barrel + 9mm mags) + .22lr (.22lr kit which has slide + barrel + mag) so you can shoot four (4) different calibers off of the same frame.

My EDC is a Glock 36 in .45 acp...which fits my (small) hands just right...is accurate...it's reliable...and recoil is manageable...I love it!

That being said...if I weren't already set-up with Glock...a Sig Sauer P-245 would probably be my pistol of choice...but there's just something about the Glock pistols that really fits well with me!

Enjoy! :woot:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    In the case of my Sig it was a light primer strike. Re chambered that round the second time it happened and it still would not fire. And to be clear, it did not have a deep seated primer. Like NHT3 said, one time and there goes my confidence.

And yes I also carry my 229 OTW. In fact that's my choice when it comes to accuracy. I just seem to shoot that gun really well. But I've finally come to look at the DA/SA vs SA thing differently. You're still pulling the trigger on that first round. This way it's just not as hard or as far...

At any rate thank you all for your input. I'm pretty sure there is a 34 in my future.
    BK

So you had a bad round and it made you sell your gun? What happens if you run into one of those with a Glock?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So you had a bad round and it made you sell your gun? What happens if you run into one of those with a Glock?

When I first got my P226 I took it apart to see how it worked. When I looked over the way the double action works I was left scratching my chin how it wouldn't result in light strikes after a period. That and a fiddly little spring is the only thing keeping the trigger bar engaged with the sear. If you cock a sig and fire it in SA you'll notice it's hitting much harder than it does in DA, which is also something that bothers me.

While they're nice guns, I wouldn't trust them that much either. There's so many other companies who can manage a much more robust trigger mechanism than what's in these things. I've never had an issue with mine yet but I have trouble believing murphy's law wouldn't eventually apply that that mechanism.

Especially considering they had to make a design revision to that trigger return spring because of it failing.

mistersmith

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    NWI
    I not really bashing, but one misfire an the gun is toast? If it has been flawless for several years and it has a misfire I would think the round is bad not the gun. If it was the first time shooting the Sig and it failed, then maybe get hid of it. I see tons of people having trouble with their guns at the range, hate to think that one misfire equals getting rid of a gun without finding out why the gun misfired. I have a Ruger Police Service six that has thousands of rounds thru it without fail, if one round misfired I would surely not believe it was the guns fault. Well good luck with the Glock. It is a fine gun, hope it works out for you.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    My P320 only lacks two things my glock had: better aftermarket and cheaper mags. I prefer my p320 in every other way to my Glock.

But I still love Glocks.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Btw- if you have a gun you shoot better than every other, would you trade a 0.1% LPS possibility in return for a smaller group?

I would.

rjklein4470

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Carmel
    Lets get back to the issue of the light primer strike on the sig. I carried sigs for years, and some ammo I would get light primer strikes, it happens with some ammo brands. I would call sig, they will pay for shipping, and have them replace all the springs.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I have had LPSs with my P320. The solution was not running Geco or Freedom munitions, both apparently known for hard primers.

All other ammo has run flawlessly.

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    I was browsing and the title caught my eyes since every handgun I own ATM is a Sig. When I first was in the market for a handgun many years ago I wanted to like a Glock since so many friends had them and praised them but no matter what kind of Glock I fired I couldn't get over how awkward the grip angle felt while shooting. It felt almost as if I had to tilt my wrist down to keep the sights aligned to aim and it was very annoying/not too comfortable. Then one day I shot a 1911 and fell in love, it felt perfect. Eventually, when I saw Sig started making 1911's I bought one after checking them out and it was so amazing that I couldn't help but buy another Sig and another Sig. Now they're all I am left with. I would like to buy some other manufacturer's guns but Sigs aren't cheap so I am broke haha. I have still thought about buying a Glock to have but I doubt I'd carry it ever.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Btw- if you have a gun you shoot better than every other, would you trade a 0.1% LPS possibility in return for a smaller group?

I would.

I wouldn't. Good luck getting tight groups on the bad guy when your gun goes "click" instead of "bang." I like guns that run well with any ammo. Glocks are plenty accurate for their intended purpose. Defensive handgun use is not the same as squeezing off rounds at a leisurely pace for little groups on paper.

smspears592

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have both. I love my Sig. I love how the Sig feels in my hand and how my hand feels after shooting for a long time. Now I have never had the problem that you have had. Now I have shots Glocks for a long time. I dont think them due to hurting my hand after shooting. With that said, I have NEVER had any hiccups with either of my weapon systems. But it I did, I would be forced to rethink what I carry. If you are going to go with a Glock, I loved the Glock 23, Gen 3. I shot that gun amazingly. The 22 is just too big and the 26 is very snappy due to being a on a small frame. I dont know if I helped buy good luck with your decision.

ram77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2010
    After reading this thread. What is he verdict on a the xd and xds series vs the flocks. My buddy is a cop and prefers his glocks to anything however I've always been a fan of the xd's just from the way they feel and shoot and I also like the extra safety. But durability and reliability wise are the glocks better?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    But durability and reliability wise are the glocks better?

I think its difficult to say if one is more durable or reliable, neither seems to have many wide spread problems. XDs are nice pistols and I haven't seen or heard of many breaking, same goes for Glocks. I think its best to just say they're both quality pistols and either will likely serve you well. Determine which feels to you, which you shoot better and go from there.

Top Bottom