• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Have owned G19 & G26, while I shot them great, I just never warmed up to them. Have a nephew that is Glock all the way. Both of mine were 100%, but have since been sold/traded. Prefer my VP9 (both of them), P229 Legion, & even my MP9. All have been 100%. All comes down to what You like, & functions for you.

fatback mike

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    We had .40 cal sigs for a long time and swapped them out for Glock 23s. It took me a while but I got used to them. Now I own 3 Glocks.

dman424

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    You're trading in an old jaguar for a new Toyota. Glocks may not be as aesthetically pleasing or have the wow factor of the sigs but they are less temperamental more reliable and are striker fired which is much better than the double action first shot of sigs.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Because of it's conceal-ability. My EDC has been a Sig Equinox for quite some time. Recently on two separate occasions. When I un holstered my Sig 239 Equinox at the range. The gun went click instead of boom! I promptly dispatched it in exchange for a G27. And then a G43. Both are easily concealed. They must sprinkle crack on Glocks because I want more. I'm not kidding, like now! If you were going to buy a full size Glock, what would it be? I'm typically a .40 person but I'm thinking G34. Thoughts?
    My favorite is a gen 4 27. It's as accurate as my 23, it'll put a Federal 180gr HST out of the barrel at a chronographed 1003fps (Federal lists that round at 1010fps). I carry it tight to my side with the 9 round mag when I really want to be concealed but my spare mag is a 13 rounder with a grip sleeve that make it feel like my 23. I also have a 15 round mag and sleeve to replicate the capacity of the 22 (which I sold. You can always make the little gun big but you can't make the big one little.) I can carry the 27 on my ankle in a Galco Ankle Glove and I forget it's there. It is so versatile, accurate and hard hitting it would be the last gun to be sold before my gen 4 19.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Don't necessarily overlook a real power house, the G29 (10mm.) I'd heard so much about the mighty, nasty 10 that the first time I pulled the trigger I expected to have both wrists broken and my skull split from the muzzle jump. But, wth??!!. My first thought was, "My 23 kicks harder than this." I liken the recoil to a mix of the smack of the 40 and the push of the .45. It's very manageable and will soon become my EDC. Why hit something with a 180 gr bullet travelling at 1,000fps out of a .40 when you can send the same weight bullet out at 1175fps (actual chrono reading.) And the 10 loves 200 gr bullets for hunting. A 200 gr Hornady XTP moving at 1150fps has more muzzle energy than the vaunted 125 gr Federal .357 mag. And I guarantee it's much easier to shoot. You can also use the full sized (G20) mags with a sleeve for 15+1 rounds.)

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Don't necessarily overlook a real power house, the G29 (10mm.) I'd heard so much about the mighty, nasty 10 that the first time I pulled the trigger I expected to have both wrists broken and my skull split from the muzzle jump. But, wth??!!. My first thought was, "My 23 kicks harder than this." I liken the recoil to a mix of the smack of the 40 and the push of the .45. It's very manageable and will soon become my EDC. Why hit something with a 180 gr bullet travelling at 1,000fps out of a .40 when you can send the same weight bullet out at 1175fps (actual chrono reading.) And the 10 loves 200 gr bullets for hunting. A 200 gr Hornady XTP moving at 1150fps has more muzzle energy than the vaunted 125 gr Federal .357 mag. And I guarantee it's much easier to shoot. You can also use the full sized (G20) mags with a sleeve for 15+1 rounds.)

I love 10mm and Glocks, but never got along with the G29/30 size guns. It's somehow both too small and too big at the same time. It gets the wider, heavier slide ala the G20/G21, so it weighs much more than a G23/G19/G32, and has the short grip of the G26/27/33.

So for my 10mm itch, it's only G20 or (even better) G40.

Dang, I miss my G20.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Central IN
    You are going about it wrong. I try not to give anything up. When I can I try to just move over my Sig's for Glocks and my Glocks for HK's and my HK's for S&W's and my S&W's for Springfield's and so on and so on..........just a thought.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I love 10mm and Glocks, but never got along with the G29/30 size guns. It's somehow both too small and too big at the same time. It gets the wider, heavier slide ala the G20/G21, so it weighs much more than a G23/G19/G32, and has the short grip of the G26/27/33.

So for my 10mm itch, it's only G20 or (even better) G40.

Dang, I miss my G20.

I'll echo that sentiment. I sold my G20 a while back and as with just about every gun sold, I regret selling it now. But, I do still have a G21 and recently bought a G30 to go along with my G27/G23 combo. It's funny how two people can see the same thing differently. For me, I think the G30 is near the perfect carry gun. 10+1 rounds of .45 in a concealable package that is really soft shooting. I like the heavier slide because it dampens the recoil somewhat. I shot my nephew's G30S a while back and thought it felt harsh for a .45. The G30sf is a sweetheart by comparison.

But yeah, I do miss the G20sf now.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I'll echo that sentiment. I sold my G20 a while back and as with just about every gun sold, I regret selling it now. But, I do still have a G21 and recently bought a G30 to go along with my G27/G23 combo. It's funny how two people can see the same thing differently. For me, I think the G30 is near the perfect carry gun. 10+1 rounds of .45 in a concealable package that is really soft shooting. I like the heavier slide because it dampens the recoil somewhat. I shot my nephew's G30S a while back and thought it felt harsh for a .45. The G30sf is a sweetheart by comparison.

But yeah, I do miss the G20sf now.
    I also found my G30 gen 4 to be a great gun. It was more accurate than my 21 so I sold the 21. I'm just kinda into 10mm right now. But you can't go wrong with a .45. It has been saying, "Stay away from me and my family/country for 115 years now."

Top Bottom