• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Here is the annoucement from Glock! Check out the video!

Coming Soon - GLOCK 19X

:laugh:

You know, when someone posts "LOL," they usually aren't really laughing out loud.
    I actually laughed out loud at that video!

I can imagine the "behind the scenes" of that video.

"Hey Gaston, how can we sell more Glocks to these fanbois? We just keep releasing the same pistol over and over."
    "How about we put a 19 slide on a 17 frame and call it something cool, like Legion?"
    "Nah, I think Legion is already taken."
    "Ok, how about.....X?!"
    "Awesome! Paint it tan, paint it tan! Make a tacticool video!"

Profit! :spend:

:laugh:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I guess I don't understand the point of pitting a compact slide on a full size frame?

Same reason 2" and 3" k-frames exist. Some find it more comfortable or easier to conceal the shorter length, but want the control and consistency of a full size grip. Particularly if your hands are larger.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Same reason 2" and 3" k-frames exist. Some find it more comfortable or easier to conceal the shorter length, but want the control and consistency of a full size grip. Particularly if your hands are larger.

Growing up carrying a revolver for duty I'll even go farther and say the 3" K frame was the Glock 19 of Revolvers back in the day.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

I might buy that between a 2" and 4" maybe but between a glock 17 and 19 there's not even a half inch difference, there was no need for this short of introducing something "new" but hope they sell a bunch of them just the same.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Sure there's a need. I comfortably AIWB carry a G19. I can bend over with it, drive, do anything. When I put my G17 in the same holster that extra 1/2" makes a big difference.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville

I suppose that makes sense. For me, its harder to conceal the grip than the barrel. To each his own though.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I suppose that makes sense. For me, its harder to conceal the grip than the barrel. To each his own though.

It is for me as well, but I carry strong side IWB or OWB, depending on how I'm dressed. Appendix, depending on build and clothing, that may not be true. Same for shoulder holsters, or OWB when jacket/shirt length vs slide length can matter.

Sig offers the same shorter slide/full size grip with the "carry" models. I don't gain anything from it, but if I tried to carry appendix I might.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I agree with the above posters, the "butt" of the gun is what I usually have problems concealing. While I will never complain about more options, I don't think this model will interest me.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Since no one went there yet I'll ask.....is it a Glock Carbine LoL

On a serious note I would like to see a Glock 19 size in 45 Acp perhaps a Glock 41 with a 4" or so Commander ish size (I said it) the S&W M&P 45 midsize and Sig 220/227 carry are pretty sweet in that size package

Glock 19 in 45 ACP = glock 30

Glock 41 with a 4 inch or so barrel = glock 21

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil

The Glock 30 has a shorter grip and that big blocky slide I personally like a full size grip like the Sig Carry with the 3 9 barrel. Not sure why they couldn't do that.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

On a serious note I would like to see a Glock 19 size in 45 Acp perhaps a Glock 41 with a 4" or so Commander ish size (I said it) the S&W M&P 45 midsize and Sig 220/227 carry are pretty sweet in that size package

The Glock 30 has a shorter grip and that big blocky slide I personally like a full size grip like the Sig Carry with the 3 9 barrel. Not sure why they couldn't do that.

The Glock 19 sized 45 was solved with the much maligned 45 GAP models. Problem being, it is not a 45 ACP, and became an answer in search of a question due to the cartridge.

Specs are below:
    https://us.glock.com/products/model/g38

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I'll add another recommendation for the G30. It's a great pistol that gives you 11 rounds of .45 on tap in a package that's smaller than the G19/23 in two dimensions. The slide is thick, but not by that much.

I guess I don't understand the point of pitting a compact slide on a full size frame?

Shorten the grip for concealment and the barrel for comfort. Since this is the MHS pistol and soldiers don't worry too much about concealment, they gave them a comfortable carry gun without a loss of capacity. Same as the Commander 1911 does.

Top Bottom