Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    From another thread.

ncjvIDP.jpg
    Wish I could grow a mullet...

I'm seeing where the 26 and 34 are both coming out on the 22nd. Does anyone know if this is true? I've been holding off on a 26 for awhile until I can shoot a gen 4 and 5 26 side by side.

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    My 17L likes the 19LOL. The 34 new gen looks interesting.

some will buy the 19x just for the colored box. First ever colored box Glock.

I've heard some pretty flimsy reasons for people to go out and buy this thing, but to each their own. I'm the first person to come up with a gun purchase rationalization, so I'm not one to judge. :spend:

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I love the color, but for me the hardest part of the gun to conceal is the grip. A standard G19 of any generation can take a 17 round magazine with plus two extensions.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I will have one just for the fact that it is the first factor colored glock/box ever produced. I will buy it and it will sit in my safe.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Looks pretty bada$$, Glocks first factory coated slide as well right? I don't need one but wouldn't walk away from one probably lol. Looking forward to a report after somebody here shoots one!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Why? Seriously, I know you are a shooter not just a gun of the month guy. What convinced you to buy one?

I wouldn't have guessed it would but the balance is noticeably different, even unloaded. I've always liked the length of the compact Glocks and having more real estate for my hands to contact will be beneficial (for me). I won't try to deny that the cool factor is influential also but I honestly had no plans of buying one at the asking price until I held it and made a few presentations with it.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I wouldn't have guessed it would but the balance is noticeably different, even unloaded. I've always liked the length of the compact Glocks and having more real estate for my hands to contact will be beneficial (for me). I won't try to deny that the cool factor is influential also but I honestly had no plans of buying one at the asking price until I held it and made a few presentations with it.

Thanks. I am not against people buying whatever they want, I was just wondering.

Last edited:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Out of curiosity, does the slide color match the frame color better in person than it does in pictures? The color difference, as it appears in pictures, would drive my OCD crazy.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I'll probably get one as well unless I find out they will make them in black soon. I'm not a fan of the color combo at all.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The pic looks pretty true to color to my eye

Thanks for confirming that. I’m not normally interested in Glocks or FDE, but I like the shorter barrel with the longer grip. Will have to wait and see one in person to find out if I could live with the color and the color variance my eyes pick out.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    What kinda lanyard are you gonna run with this gun?

I haven't found that I need a lanyard but I hate to let something like that little doohickey go to waste. I was thinking of maybe hanging one of those old school roach clips from the 70's off of it, you know, the one's with the feathers and beads. I think that'd be pretty sweet.

Top Bottom