• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I think what he meant was for this specific type of gun, a single stack 9mm compact. Does it get any better?

Personally, I think right out of the box, the extremely low round count compare to its contemporaries is a con, especially when I had to pay extra to get extensions. Now granted, after I got TTI base plates, I personally think this beats the Shield.

I really wish Glock changes it's stock sights to at least a 3 dot pattern. For the average person who just wants a gun for protection and not a gun person like a lot of us, having good stock sights go a long way.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I think what he meant was for this specific type of gun, a single stack 9mm compact. Does it get any better?

Personally, I think right out of the box, the extremely low round count compare to its contemporaries is a con, especially when I had to pay extra to get extensions. Now granted, after I got TTI base plates, I personally think this beats the Shield.

I really wish Glock changes it's stock sights to at least a 3 dot pattern. For the average person who just wants a gun for protection and not a gun person like a lot of us, having good stock sights go a long way.

Not sure if it is true, but I have heard they put those crap sights on because non gun people don't care, and gun people are going to change them to something they like better anyway. Personally I don't care for 3 dot sights so I would change them, or at least black out the rear and change the front if that is the way they came.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Not sure if it is true, but I have heard they put those crap sights on because non gun people don't care, and gun people are going to change them to something they like better anyway. Personally I don't care for 3 dot sights so I would change them, or at least black out the rear and change the front if that is the way they came.

That's the point. Non-gun people like us don't care and because they don't care, they don't know any better. Stock Glock sights are crap and hard to aim, especially for new shooters.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I agree with Cedartop. I'm likely gonna be throwing $100 at new sights to fit my exact sight requirements, regardless of what Glock puts on. I'm happy Glock keeps the overall gun prices down by making the throw aways, just that.

--------------------

Heh, contrary to my thread-jacking reputation, I started another thread to discuss Glock OEM sights.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/429410-glock-oem-sights.html#post6914293

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Hold on there buckoo. I thought that Glocks were perfection!:dunno:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have been shooting my Glock 43 at MCF&G during the cold cold weather.
    No problems what so ever.
    Glock has a winner!:rockwoot:
    What should Glock do to improve this perfect pistol?

:oldwise: JT
    Looks like they satisfy a very large group of people who have a very low standard for perfection!:):

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I just picked one up and love it instantly!

I prefer the trigger, shorter, than the other single stack offerings from Kahr, not to mention that after I buy 10 mags (my standard practice for my pistols), the price difference between the Kahr and the Glock becomes amortized ($30-35 for the Kahr, $20 for the Glock, saves be apoximately $100+ on mags). More sight options, more aftermarket support, and no funky tiny wire to hold the slide stop down to contend with and break like I did on my old Kahrs...

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I just picked one up and love it instantly!

I prefer the trigger, shorter, than the other single stack offerings from Kahr, not to mention that after I buy 10 mags (my standard practice for my pistols), the price difference between the Kahr and the Glock becomes amortized ($30-35 for the Kahr, $20 for the Glock, saves be apoximately $100+ on mags). More sight options, more aftermarket support, and no funky tiny wire to hold the slide stop down to contend with and break like I did on my old Kahrs...

For some reason I have this image of a totally concealed Glock 43 with a shotgun bandolier slung over the shoulder full of Glock 43 magazines. :draw:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    For some reason I have this image of a totally concealed Glock 43 with a shotgun bandolier slung over the shoulder full of Glock 43 magazines. :draw:

I'll admit, for my M9, I have a battle belt with nothing more than an IFAK, an M9 holster, and 16 Molle pouches for M9 mags and more than enough mags to fill them... I have more sensible rigs now... ;)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This. My G43 was expensive once I got it to a usable configuration.

G43 - $450
    Taran mag extensions - $60
    Ameriglo Hackathorn sights - $70
    Ghost connector - $23

Shield - $320
    Ameriglo Hackathorn sights - $70

But note, this is just me. I found the G43 trigger unusable out of the box, while I was fine with the Shield trigger. If you find the Shield trigger unusable, you may need to drop in an Apex kit of some sort, which will jack up the price.

All said and done, I'm very happy with my G43.....but it ended up being quite a bit more expensive. I'd have probably just stuck with the Shield if I had to do it all over again.

Get capacity on par with the other single stacks on the market.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Even with the upgrades I had to put on my G43, basically new sights and the Taran Tactical base plates, I still like it. There's nothing wrong with the Shield and if you are short on cash, that's your gun, nothing wrong with it. People are always picky with stock triggers of Glocks. I didn't have a problem with it when I shot it right out of the box. Can it be better? Yeah, all triggers can be improved, but is it horrible? Not really.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I was a kahr guy when it came to single stack 9's. Then, I tried the shield which I got rid of, next up was the glock 43 once again it wasn't quite perfect for me. So back to the kahrs I went until I recently discovered the Walther PPS M2. It is as close to perfect edc as I've found. I still have my kahrs and now a pps. The glock and shield were told to kick rocks as neither fit my hand well.

Top Bottom