• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Picked up the G43 Talo about 2 months ago. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. It's been with me daily since the purchase. I have around 50 rounds down range and was pleased with it's accuracy and surprisingly low recoil. I also purchased a Techna pocket clip for it and have carried it this way for the past month. At times, I forget its even on me and often check to make sure I didn't lose it. I plan on purchasing the Vickers +2 in the future to up the capacity. Since this purchase, my G26 gen 4 has been taking a break. Definitely would recommend this handgun for anybody wanting a small 9.

So...you're carrying a semi-auto that you've only put 50 rounds through?

Last edited:

Carey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Mentone
    I don't have a 43 or shot one yet. I love my 23c but it is hard to conceal at times. So for that I carry a sig 938, perfect for behind the back.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    Glock 43 update....
    1,100 flawless rounds thru my old friend "Glocky".
    About every 100rd I field strip it. I check the small rails that the slide runs on for chips being loose in the frame and being cleaned and lubed.
    Recently I found that lighter fluid works good for removing all the dirt and old oil that collects in the slide NOW! It drys quickly and leaves no residue .
    A few drops of oil in the correct places and she's good for the next 100 rounds.
    Let me know how you keep your Glock ready.
    JT

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Carried my G43 all summer. I have the mag in the gun with Tarran Tactical's +2 baseplate and my spare is the +3. Sometimes when I just rush out of the house to dump trash or walk around the corner, I just wear it with the +3 in....awesome gun. Handy and accurate with no severe recoil.

Aside from not having stock extended mags and having to pay extra for my own, I love it.

I learned on INGO that you don't need to break in or test SD rounds in your new G-lock. Perfection and all that

I broke mine in by shooting it right out of the box, no additional lube other than factory and it ran fine threw several mags.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    shield is just as good. I have both. If you dont like the frame safety then you have your choice with the shield. One more round. My shield has been 100 percent and so has my 43

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2016
    danville
    I love mine. I have put about 500 rounds through it with no problems. It is very comfortable to shoot and is accurate for what its designed for. Mine is full stock, very easy to conceal. Not worried about the limited rounds, I tend to stay close to home.

KANER88

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    indianapolis
    I have a 43 and a 26 so I go back and forth. can never decide which I like better, so I have both. the 43 physically more comfortable; cant even tell its there. the 26 safety wise more comfortable

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    Fellow Ingoer's/ Glock fans...
    The longer I own the G43 the more I like it.
    I was going to use it only for CCW, but, now it may become a multi-use pistol. It is so much fun to shoot it WILL become my range gun also.
    Sitting beside my bed at night it is comforting to see its little three glowing eyes . Its like a guard dog, all ways on duty.
    JT

sideoiler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They make a 1, 2 and 3 extra round mags for them now. In magazine base kits and magazines
    I love mine as a back up for my P226 or I just tuck it under my belt line with t shirt out and you can,t even see it, love it. Weighs about as much as my iPhone 6S Plus. I actually pulled out the 43 out of my pocket when my phone rang because of the weight similarlity
    very versatile powerful little hand gun. Had to actually buy my wife one. She has arther in her hands and she can handle the 43 great

Last edited:

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    I'm going to consider both the G43 and Shield. My LC9s which I've been pleased with over the past year, let me down Sat when the extractor came flying out of it. Never did find it, and Ruger has another on the way. I carry that pistol quite often, and although it may be just a fluke, once it's fixed, I think it's gone.

schusterjo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I have no problem with my 43.. from 30 feet away I rarely miss hitting targets (5 metal gong style).. I admit it took some time to get the feel of aiming such a small weapon but after about 400 rounds I am very comfortable with it..

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Because it's a smaller gun, I tend to practice shooting quick at close range but at 30 feet, it can still hit stuff. Thankfully for those worry about ammo limitations with the stock mags, there are now a few after markets. I have Taran Tactical's +2 in my carry with a spare +3

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I really like the 43, and plan to get one as soon as my 2 Kahr CM9s wear out. That might be a while. I carry 2 spare mags. One 8 rounder and one 6 rounder. Sneaky Pete has some really cool little leather mag holders for pocket carry.
    Your thoughts mirror mine. I love the trigger on the Kahr, the Glock triggers, not so much.

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Might have too much finger on the trigger then. Good possibility since the trigger reach distance is shorter cause of the smaller frame
    I have found just the opposite. When I shoot the 43 like my other Glocks, I hit low/left. I stick my finger into the trigger guard as far as possible and I get my hits. I read this on another forum and can't remember where, but it worked for me.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I had the G43 and had the low and left issue so I sold it and went back to a G26. I have spent time shooting the 43 again over at Point blank and have found that coming from a 26 and a 19 that it just took time practicing to get it right. Now at 20 yards I am able to hold a nice pattern with just an occasional left pull. The 43 is back on my wish list.

Top Bottom