• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I was a kahr guy when it came to single stack 9's. Then, I tried the shield which I got rid of, next up was the glock 43 once again it wasn't quite perfect for me. So back to the kahrs I went until I recently discovered the Walther PPS M2. It is as close to perfect edc as I've found. I still have my kahrs and now a pps. The glock and shield were told to kick rocks as neither fit my hand well.
    Isn't the Walther considerably bigger and heavier than say a Kahr CM9?

Bsj425

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Jeffersonville
    I love my G43 and it has been my EDC since about after a week of its release. That said with the way things have gone recently politically and the left being completely unhinged at the election of Trump, I have found myself wondering if the capacity is enough. I live by Louisville where they have had SEVERAL "flash mob" type events in the last 2 years with hundreds of "teens" beating the crap out of people for no reason other than being white apparently. If you get caught in one of those I would feel under-gunned for sure.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    I just field stripped my Glock 43, after I fired 200 more rounds thru it for a total of aprox 1,200 flawless rounds.
    The pistol wasn't to dirty. The reason is that I use very little oil. One drop of oil in the slide slots , oily cloth for the balance of pistol.
    That little pistol goes every where with me. Some times I forget I have it with me. Pocket carry with a holster and a extra magazine and I'm good to go!
    :oldwise: JT

Last edited:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I am getting the new FAB defense's +4 base plate. Looks to be roughly the same size as my Taran Tactical +3 that I have in the spare. Looks pretty awesome to have.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    G34 & G43. jt

I have the best of two worlds, Glock 34, great range gun. Light on pistol makes it a formable home defense pistol. Mag holds 17 rounds of powerful 9mm.
    Glock 43, somewhat small, easy to conceal, thin, again, some what powerful 8 rounds of 9mm.
    As Hickcock45 would say, "life is good"!
    :oldwise: JT

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    Originally got my wife a 42 a little over a year ago. She had all kinds of trouble with it. Mostly FTF. My best assumption is she was limp wristing. Every time I would shoot her 42 it would go off without a hitch. She just couldn't grasp it no matter how many times I tried to help her. So I sold the 42 and bought her a 43. She loves it so much more. Still slight problems with limp wrist, but we are working out the kinks in her fundamentals. Much less FTF with the 43 than the 42. I love this gun so much that it is now a toss up between the 43 and the S&W Shield as a back up gun. But this will be something months down the line. For the time being, the G26 works for EDC.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Originally got my wife a 42 a little over a year ago. She had all kinds of trouble with it. Mostly FTF. My best assumption is she was limp wristing. Every time I would shoot her 42 it would go off without a hitch. She just couldn't grasp it no matter how many times I tried to help her. So I sold the 42 and bought her a 43. She loves it so much more. Still slight problems with limp wrist, but we are working out the kinks in her fundamentals. Much less FTF with the 43 than the 42. I love this gun so much that it is now a toss up between the 43 and the S&W Shield as a back up gun. But this will be something months down the line. For the time being, the G26 works for EDC.
    No offense intended, but I would never carry or allow anyone I cared about to carry a handgun that they weren't 100% with. I don't adhere to the "They'll train out of it." theory. There are so many options of terrific pistols on the market, that finding one that suits a particular person isn't that difficult. Glocks aren't for everyone.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    I put the Pearce Grip Glock 43 Plus One Extension (Pearce Grips) on my G43 mags. Gives you some place to put your pinky and adds one more round in the magazine. I think the extension helps tremendously with my grip on the 43.

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    No offense intended, but I would never carry or allow anyone I cared about to carry a handgun that they weren't 100% with. I don't adhere to the "They'll train out of it." theory. There are so many options of terrific pistols on the market, that finding one that suits a particular person isn't that difficult. Glocks aren't for everyone.
    I understand that, and no offense taken. I feel the same way about not allowing anyone or myself to carry without being more than confident in their abilities and their equipment. I'm carrying the G26, not my wife (may have left this part out). Never had any issues with the gun.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Coming late tot he party...but for me the G43 is kind of...meh? I really wanted to love it when it came out and it filled a lot of what I want in a very compact concealable piece...but I just never liked the way it felt or how I shot it. Same feeling I had with my G26...I just couldn't love that gun and get attached to it. But my G19, that is a different matter...I love that one! Not knocking it at all! Just not for me!

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Because of the colder weather, I haven't found any reason to carry my "Infant Glock". Since the G26 is often called the "Baby Glock". I jokingly call my buddy's G42 the "Fetus Glock".

But once summer rolls around, I think I'll be taking my little friend around more but only for short trips since it's the kind of gun you just throw on for that quick run to the store or gas station. I belly band carry it while working out or on jogs

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Just put an Overwatch trigger and Trijicon HDs on my 43. Awesome

That's the same combination I used. Got the orange front sight...get's you on target fast.

i first installed a Ghost connector with the stock trigger and wasn't satisfied. I then added the Overwatch Precision TAC Trigger and did not like the Ghost/Overwatch combination at all. Once I removed the Ghost connector and put the oem connector back in, the TAC trigger was exactly what I was looking for. Short takeup and a better break. Love it.

Last edited:

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Because of the colder weather, I haven't found any reason to carry my "Infant Glock". Since the G26 is often called the "Baby Glock". I jokingly call my buddy's G42 the "Fetus Glock".

But once summer rolls around, I think I'll be taking my little friend around more but only for short trips since it's the kind of gun you just throw on for that quick run to the store or gas station. I belly band carry it while working out or on jogs

We have been calling it the "preemie."

Funny enough, I was enjoying the 42 a whole lot when comparing it to other tiny pistols, but then shot larger guns for a while. Then when I went back to it the 42 felt so harsh in comparison to the large metal framed hammer fired guns. I thought it was interesting in light of how the same gun can feel so different to different people. I'll shoot some other small guns again and then go back to the 42 and love it again.

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    I hate to admit buying a gun at Gander Mountain but I wanted to get rid of some gift cards. Anyway, I just walked out the door with a new G43 for $429.99 +tax. The price match Cabelas and take $20 off for a March promotion. Just a heads up if people don't mind stepping foot in that ****hole.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    I hate to admit buying a gun at Gander Mountain but I wanted to get rid of some gift cards. Anyway, I just walked out the door with a new G43 for $429.99 +tax. The price match Cabelas and take $20 off for a March promotion. Just a heads up if people don't mind stepping foot in that ****hole.

Wow! what did Gander mt. do to upset you so much?
    :lol2: jt

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    It's just perpetually over-priced and has a generally unfriendly and uniformed staff. I remember asking about an FFL transfer at that store a couple years ago and they told me it would be $75 per firearm. The guy that helped me with the 43 was pretty helpful and friendly, although he still did the required talk about why I need THEIR lifetime warranty on my new Glock. He cut me a good deal on some Sig hollow points though. Overall it was the most positive experience I've ever had there.

Top Bottom