• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I guess I should take it back, I did handle a g19 and an xdm at MC Sports and I liked the glock feel better in my hand but I haven't actually handled the g26 that I bought and I have never fired a glock (and I might end up reselling it once I pick it up if I don't like it)

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I would go with the 19. I think the full grip and the use of the 17 mags were the winning factors for me. I would loo around and wait a while as I am sure people are going to want to get rid of their "non trendy" gen 3's for the shiney new gen 4 with tax refunds. The gen 3, 19 is a fine weapon and has never disappinted me. If you are going to be doing a lot of target shooting you may like the 17 though. I use my 19 with XS Big dot sights (tritium). You can't buy just one.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Cant go wrong with any of them! :D I would probably start with the G19 though. Start in the middle and go from there. Good size for EDC and if you eventually get a G26 then all the G19 mags you get will fit both.

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    Glock Pricing... $398.20 is the price for LE/Mil/Armorers (any armorer) for minor calibers (17,19, 22, 23, 26, 26, etc.) Major calibers (ALL .45s and 10 mils) are $464.20, G34 and G35 are $480.20.
    GSSF prices are $27 more across the board.
    One thing... even though the G4s are more MSRP, GSSF and LE/Mil/Armorers pay the same price as the G3. BTW, G17L and the G24 are NOT included in the discount purchase program.

Differing sights increase the base cost across the board:
    Adjustable: + $22
    GNS: + $57
    Ameriglo: + $69
    Trijicon: + $79
    TruGlo TFO: + $95

From personal experience I have NO knowledge of S.R.Jenkins & Co. EVER dealing with a GSSF Member, Armor, or a CIVILIAN. I *believe* they DO sell to "American Guardians" : Police Para Med/Emt, Firemen...
    I'm not aware of ANY Glock dealer in central Indiana that honors GSSF Member/Armor pricing. If there's one let me know, I can send him business tomorrow!
    To get the Member pricing you have to join GSSF-35 bucks a year. You can call around to neighboring states and find Glock dealers that will sign you up for gssf, sell you (your) pistol and ship it to your FFL for 10 bucks.
    Of course you'll need to pay Indiana sales tax on your purchase, I guess you could call the Indiana Tax people to figure out how to do that.
    For example, G-19 $425.20 + GSSF $35.00 + Shipping $10.00 + Nitesights
    $57.00 = $527.20 Tax is 7%x $482.20= $33.65 Soooo $550.85 PLUS what your FFL guy charges. Thats a "lead pipe cinch" price.
    I dunno what retailers ask for a 19 with GNS around here.

I've been in Jenkins a hundred times, never in uniform. They've never asked what department I work for or if I was a cop. If there's a sales to civilians policy I've never witnessed it. I just bought a Glock 23 gen 4 in December and they just asked for my drivers license and my LTHC.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Another vote for the 19. I bought the Glock 19 for concealed carry, but decided it was a bit thick for IWB for me. Then I bought a Walther PPS to get thinner - but I couldn't bring myself to get rid of the 19. I would only be comfortable on a gun board saying that "it just feels so good" (the Glock 19 that is)

It can still be concealed, especially if I want more rounds for peace of mind, but I can also use it as a "home" gun, range gun, whatever I want!

tjgilbert89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    I've got the G19, big enough for 15+1 and not so small that you don't take it seriously. I CC it almost everyday, no problems.

ZgGlock88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Indyish
    being a big guy i can conceal the 17 with no problem but i still prefer the 19 as a concealed carry gun although once you get the Glock bug eventually you'll have all 3

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

This is so true; I never thought I'd own 2 of the exact same gun but after getting the Glock Sickness I do now... and there are 4 Glocks in 9mm, don't forget the 34!

I know someone who owns six Glock 19.
    4 Glocks in 9mm? :dunno:
    What about the Glock 18?
    That makes 5 Glocks in 9mm, plus all the different versions of each gun you can have like the 17L and such ... and you can have each of the in OD green I believe.
    Then you can get all the generations of each guns from Gen1 to Gen4, RTF frames and other models.
    That makes a HUGE collection of Glocks in 9mm. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom