• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    1st guy says he can hit a 4" plate at 25 most times.

2nd guy says he can shoot dimes.

3rd guy says he can shoot quarter sized groups at 25 yards.

If this thread keeps going, the internet marksmanship is going to progress to the point that someone will say he plinks at the moon with his glock 36.

lololololololol awesome, I'll be the first to say at 25 yards, for me, that better be a big quarter.:yesway:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I used to get MOA at 100yds with my old glock 20. True story.

Since most hunting rifles have a hard to keeping 1 MOA at 100 yards, I'll have to call you on this one.

I have a hundred bucks that says you could not demonstrate this feat. I would even give you three attempts.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Since most hunting rifles have a hard to keeping 1 MOA at 100 yards, I'll have to call you on this one.

I have a hundred bucks that says you could not demonstrate this feat. I would even give you three attempts.

:):

I was hoping that the obviously exaggerated claim wouldn't be recognized as sarcasm.

fishin4wd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    My guess is a "limp wrist" caused the failure and time at the range will fix the accuracy issue. I had some trouble with Glocks at first too. After some time at the range though, and some helpful critisism from the more experienced shooters I am now able to easily get good groups with several different Glock models.

The best advice I got on the wrist issue is to concentrate on holding the gun as high as possible without getting anything in the way of the slide. I'm not expert enough to tell you why, but this also helps me with trigger control.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    The problem was not the accuracy of the gun but the discomfort you were feeling with the poor ergonomics and the fact that you are not yet used to the spongy trigger. Also, the malfunction is typical of limp wristing. I agree with the aforementioned need to focus on the fundamentals. Here they are:

Squeeze really hard. You don't want to experience any more limp wrist malfunctions do you? You need not worry that the mass of the frame is too light for the slide if you squeeze hard enough.

Ignore the angle your wrist is in. This was your problem in getting the sights right were you wanted. You expected to have your wrist at a natural angle. Just don't think about it. This actually goes hand in hand with the first fundamental. You will eventually get so tired from squeezing so hard that your wrist will droop to the angle of the grip.

Get used to the spongy trigger. There's no trick here. You just have to shoot enough that you can make the statemment "I used to hate a glock trigger but now I like it." I've found dry firing a NERF gun to me good practice for this. If all you have is an XD you can make due with that. Just remove the slide, fill the entire action with cold mashed potatoes (the chunky kind) and that should simulate a glock trigger quite well for you.

Good luck!:ingo:

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    I've had g-19 for over 10 years and it hasn't misfired a single round out of thousands fired. The accuracy is less than my beretta 92 but it is more concealable. I wouldnt get rid of my glock for anything. My new Springfield xdm40 blows them both away but I still prefer my g-19 to carry.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Are you basing your entire view of Glock pistols on one session with a single G19?

I'll see your Glock 19 and raise you a Glock 17 and Glock 22...

Glock 17 wouldn't function worth crap for a girl I know (it was her brother's gun).

Glock 22 is what I trained with. It did what it was supposed to, but I had to work at it more than I should have.

Josh

rjstamp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I had a G30 and had a tuff time keeping a tight group at first but after I held a tighter grip on the gun the groups tightened up a lot. I was letting the mussel float up with the snap of the slide on the 45 cal. Try tightening up your grip?

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    The problem was not the accuracy of the gun but the discomfort you were feeling with the poor ergonomics and the fact that you are not yet used to the spongy trigger. Also, the malfunction is typical of limp wristing. I agree with the aforementioned need to focus on the fundamentals. Here they are:

Squeeze really hard. You don't want to experience any more limp wrist malfunctions do you? You need not worry that the mass of the frame is too light for the slide if you squeeze hard enough.

Ignore the angle your wrist is in. This was your problem in getting the sights right were you wanted. You expected to have your wrist at a natural angle. Just don't think about it. This actually goes hand in hand with the first fundamental. You will eventually get so tired from squeezing so hard that your wrist will droop to the angle of the grip.

Get used to the spongy trigger. There's no trick here. You just have to shoot enough that you can make the statemment "I used to hate a glock trigger but now I like it." I've found dry firing a NERF gun to me good practice for this. If all you have is an XD you can make due with that. Just remove the slide, fill the entire action with cold mashed potatoes (the chunky kind) and that should simulate a glock trigger quite well for you.

Good luck!:ingo:

You can always tell a good shooter from a hack. The good shooter is the one dumping all of his rounds into neat little groups with a S&W Sigma, while the hack is the one whining about something being wrong with his gun while he couldn't hit his butt with both hands.

I guess not everyone can squeeze a pistol as hard as a girl without getting a droopy wrist. I had always thought that was more of a San Francisco type problem, though. :):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqA4LEiG6oE&feature=player_embedded

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    are we talking about grip angles again?

I shoot both Glocks and 1911's... bullets still hit where the front sights are

Funny thing when I shoot matches, I shoot better with my Glock 34 than my Wilson Combat CQB...

either a Glock fits you or it doesn't. If it doesn't please, find something that works for you.

Last edited:

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    To the OP: as you can surmise from the number and spirit of replies to you, there are legions of people that are plenty accurate with a Glock. I don't think the issue is with Glocks, though perhaps either one singular example of a Glock. From experience, however, I think you'll find that the grip angle on Glocks is pretty different from most other handguns. If you focus on having the web of your hand seated firmly in the top of the grip, you'll see your groups reduce in size. For me, it's the only way I can will my groups smaller with a Glock. Hope this helps -- good luck!

Specialized

Maddawg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Lexington,IN
    I love my GLOCK....never a disappointment to me at all...as many other sidearms have been...Hits what I am aiming at and plenty of power.....I love the smel lof gunpowder and plastic in the morning :ar15:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    You can always tell a good shooter from a hack. The good shooter is the one dumping all of his rounds into neat little groups with a S&W Sigma, while the hack is the one whining about something being wrong with his gun while he couldn't hit his butt with both hands.

I guess not everyone can squeeze a pistol as hard as a girl without getting a droopy wrist. I had always thought that was more of a San Francisco type problem, though. :):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqA4LEiG6oE&feature=player_embedded

Simmer down, dude. It was just a humorous way to voice my opinion. Don't get so worked up. I didn't kick your dog or pee in your cheerios.

ETA: Have I mentioned yet that glocks suck?

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Not sure if this video has been referenced yet, though I thought it was rather informative and relevant to the discussion. Essentially, there are several (a lot) of good choices in handguns available. The challenge isn't (necessarily) getting stuck with a bad one (though, they do exist), but choosing one that "works" for you. ...and then explaining to your S/O why you need another gun! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QqCJxVmbPY

keenshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    The only thing i dont like about the glock or the sights, Glock night sight are better vis then trij though

Top Bottom