• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    All of the Glocks I've had shoot left, except the G40 MOS slide. None of the other pistols I've ever shot have done that. I've had the G19, G20, G17, G43, and G42. The G40 MOS might, but the Vortex Venom red dot was spot on out of the box, so maybe it was adjusted to shoot left. Anyway, it isn't the shooter, or I'd be doing it on all the others. I think it is the trigger itself. I drifted my sights and they all shoot accurately now, so I don't see the big deal. I can go back and forth with my Wilson Combat Beretta, and shoot well with both.

That said, I really want a Gen 5 G19, but I don't need it. Everything about my Gen 4 G19 is just fine, and it shoots great. It's also FDE, which I like better than the black.

But, I still want the Gen 5. Someone please stop me!!!

Update...Wife just stopped me
    . :abused:

LOL. I had a S&W M&P that shot left. Thought it was me. Had several others shoot it. Same. Then my brother shot it. He is a really good shooter. He hit center of target first shots out of the pistol.

Now the rest of the story. He liked it enough that he went and bought one. Guess what? Shot left. He worked with it for awhile and finally ended up selling it. Now, among his many other handgun choices, he shoots a G34 which he bought so he could shoot the GSSF matches.

He (and I) never liked the "Tupperware" guns but his shooting proficiency and times improved quite a bit with the G34 over his P226 or 1911. He now admits that he likes Glocks. I think he is even using it in IDPA matches.:shady:

He thinks you should shoot what works good for YOU, no matter what it looks like and what other's may say about a particular firearm.

He is coming to visit me in a couple weekends and I asked him to bring his G34 so I can see what all this Glock fanaticism is about! I hope I don't like it. I don't have any gun funds right now and am not quite ready to let the CZ go to fund a new purchase.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    The first 3 things I look for, even before caliber or capacity.

1. How does the gun feel in my hand? ......Win, 1911.
    2. How do the sights look when I bring the gun up? ......Win, 1911.
    3. How does the trigger feel? ......Win, 1911.

Glocks have always fell short in every category with me. Sweet Lord I hate the old Glock finger grooves. I may have to go look at the gen V one day, but I'm putting all my money into a Jeep build right now.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    All joking aside, part of me is very tempted to go buy one of these, but then the other part of me who knows my main goal is just to become a better shooter steps in and says, how is spending this $600 going to help you in the goal of becoming a better shooter? So far, the second me is winning the argument.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    I forgot to mention. It is a two pin gun. Makes one wonder if the Gen 5 will NOT be available in 40 S&W. that caliber is dying fast. Not a bad caliber. Just out of favor.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    All joking aside, part of me is very tempted to go buy one of these, but then the other part of me who knows my main goal is just to become a better shooter steps in and says, how is spending this $600 going to help you in the goal of becoming a better shooter? So far, the second me is winning the argument.

Unless these new models have some magic to turn OK shooters into masters, I don't see jumping on the bandwagon soon. I'm still just a wannabe Glock guy (although i own a few.) I'm gonna let others be the guinea pigs on this until the pricing moderates. I really, really prefer to buy used rather than new anyway. Let other's wear off the new car smell and pay the taxes.

Remember the progression the G43's took when they first came out? Can't help but think there will be loads of Gen 5's in the classifieds around the holidays, maybe early next year.

Last edited:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Unless these new models have some magic to turn OK shooters into masters, I don't see jumping on the bandwagon soon. I'm still just a wannabe Glock guy (although i own a few.) I'm gonna let others be the guinea pigs on this until the pricing moderates. I really, really prefer to buy used rather than new anyway. Let other's wear off the new car smell and pay the taxes.

Remember the progression the G43's took when they first came out? Can't help but think there will be loads of Gen 5's in the classifieds around the holidays, maybe early next year.

At $549 locally (PSS), I don't think prices will moderate much. It's very reasonably priced now, considering it includes three magazines.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    At $449 locally (PSS), I don't think prices will moderate much. It's very reasonably priced now, considering it includes three magazines.

Oh my. I had read where others quoted $600 as the going price. That is much different.
    It didn't seem to make sense why the gen 5 would be so much higher than the gen 4?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I hope they at least expand it to the 26.

It seems odd that they'd just do the 17/19 to me. If they'd go with an update to the 23, I'd probably pick one up, but if not I'll have to continue to wait on CZ to build the promised, yet long delayed P10C in .40. I would have thought that Glock would be quicker to the .40 market with the new model than CZ would be.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It seems odd that they'd just do the 17/19 to me. If they'd go with an update to the 23, I'd probably pick one up, but if not I'll have to continue to wait on CZ to build the promised, yet long delayed P10C in .40. I would have thought that Glock would be quicker to the .40 market with the new model than CZ would be.

I don't know anything specific, and of course you can see how long it took Glock to get into the single stack 9mm market, but I'd be surprised if they stop at the 17/19. If I were a betting man, I'd say they'll follow the single stack protocol. They released the .380 first, let everyone buy that, THEN released the 9mm. If they'd released them at the same time, they probably wouldn't have sold as many .380.

I'd be pretty surprised if we don't see some additional models within the next 6 months or so. I'd also be surprised if the next few offerings weren't more 9mm options before branching into other calibers.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Non NS models are $589 down here, NS equipped is $629. I'd be surprised if they continue much with the 40 in a hurry anyways, if people want 40 cal glocks they're buying police trade ins. New stock on those models aren't moving at all down here, maybe they're selling better in the big city?

Top Bottom