• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I fixed the issue I was having with my G19 gen 5 shooting low...
    I took off the tall front night sight and installed a standard height G19/17 Ameriglo CAP I had sitting around.
    As you can see in the photo, the original orange sight is quite a bit taller, so naturally my shots were all hitting low to point of aim.
    I ran 300 rounds through it today with the standard height sight and this thing is now a dead on tack driver! :rockwoot:
    I put 15 rounds in a 2" dot at 10 yards with no difficulty. Did it 3-4 times at least and I had witnesses - LOL!
    My G19 gen 5 has about 550 rounds through it now with no malfunctions, no stove pipes, no brass to the face, etc...
    I think it's getting more accurate has it wears in. Either I was getting better with it, or the gun got more accurate around the 400 round mark, but who cares, it's awesome!

a1172863-c958-4ae9-b63d-7051950d7131.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I fixed the issue I was having with my G19 gen 5 shooting low...
    I took off the tall front night sight and installed a standard height G19/17 Ameriglo CAP I had sitting around.
    As you can see in the photo, the original orange sight is quite a bit taller, so naturally my shots were all hitting low to point of aim.
    I ran 300 rounds through it today with the standard height sight and this thing is now a dead on tack driver! :rockwoot:
    I put 15 rounds in a 2" dot at 10 yards with no difficulty. Did it 3-4 times at least and I had witnesses - LOL!
    My G19 gen 5 has about 550 rounds through it now with no malfunctions, no stove pipes, no brass to the face, etc...
    I think it's getting more accurate has it wears in. Either I was getting better with it, or the gun got more accurate around the 400 round mark, but who cares, it's awesome!

a1172863-c958-4ae9-b63d-7051950d7131.jpg

I think you are just paying more attention to your fundamentals. Happens as people shoot more.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Loaded all my mags up tonight except for the three that come with it!! Gonna pick mine up tomorrow and warm it up, can't wait! Did some dry firing with my gen3 tonight and the finger grooves really bugged me after holding the gen5. Shew!

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I really wish this thread would go away...making me want to buy my first glock...I even went to the glock website (in private browsing mode of course)....

The Gen 5 would be a good first Glock.
    I've owned at least one of every generation (including a Gen 1 17) and the Gen 5 really impressing me so far.
    If you don't like it, I'm sure you'll be able to re-sell it in about 5 seconds in the for sale thread.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    The first 3 things I look for, even before caliber or capacity.

1. How does the gun feel in my hand? ......Win, 1911.
    2. How do the sights look when I bring the gun up? ......Win, 1911.
    3. How does the trigger feel? ......Win, 1911.

Glocks have always fell short in every category with me. Sweet Lord I hate the old Glock finger grooves. I may have to go look at the gen V one day, but I'm putting all my money into a Jeep build right now.

First thing to look for is reliability. Which a 1911 will not win

Nitro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2017
    Columbus
    Happy that the finger groves are gone. I am not the biggest fan of the ambidextrous controls either. (sorry lefties). I have not shot one yet but have held one. I love the beveled front on it. Looks less boxy. Would love to see the trigger difference from the gen 4.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Superb accuracy as in measurably better than the previous Gen's?

In my particular case yes, I always shot my Gen3 pretty well I thought but so far I have been better with the Gen5. I think most of the improvement for me is in how I am gripping the pistol, I am able to get a more solid grip without the finger grooves it seems. I didn't notice adjusting my grip at all when shooting the Gen5, whereas I do adjust it after shots with the Gen3.

Top Bottom