• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Something you may wanna try is turning the lights off in your house and using a flashlight. For me 3 bright tritium dots is a distraction.
    I have quite a bit, it doesn't bother me much. Practice with a tlr2 often and the setup works well. Def a good idea to try your setup before it counts though!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Something you may wanna try is turning the lights off in your house and using a flashlight. For me 3 bright tritium dots is a distraction.

If I read it correctly, the FBI/Bold whatever sights are blacked out rear dots with a thinner orange I-DOt Pro front.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ooh, that's interesting. Wonder how many are having problems with their old gear?

We haven't found a holster that wouldn't work with the 17M yet. Some of them start out rough due to the sights but they break in quickly. I can see where a snug kydex holster might not like the ambi slide stop though.

The FBI sights on the 17M and the bright orange sights available on the Gen5 pistols aren't the same. The FBI sights aren't available for purchase, the only way to get them is to buy a 17M/19M and the only way to buy those is to be a gov't agency. It's stupid and I don't like it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    As far as the sights being off center on the YM vid, I take that as a feature. The thoughtful assembler at Glock just saved someone two or three whacks, or a couple of cranks to get that POS out of the slide and get real sights in it! Bravo Glock, Bravo!

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Cary and I can verify that Safariland 7378 7TS works perfectly with G19 Gen 5. I've always really liked that Level 1 retention; this is the reason I gave the Glock another look. Such a terrific way to carry, and you can buy them on Amazon for $35. An absolute steal.

As for sights, I want to avoid a "busy" rear, so I'm leaning toward GL-670 here:

https://ameriglo.com/collections/glock/products/glock-cap-le-sets

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I have quite a bit, it doesn't bother me much. Practice with a tlr2 often and the setup works well. Def a good idea to try your setup before it counts though!

My wife gets ****** when I clear the house with the lights off because im bored.

She really made fun of me when I was practicing shooting from the ground on my back.

Top Bottom