• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Oh lord, Give me strength.....one of my good friends had him work over the trigger on his Gen 3 21. I need to get him to the range to find out if he has a problem. I will say the triggers that he has on display are wonderful feeling, better than the job i had done on my 17. but now im wondering if it was worth the stop....

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Alright, I'll be "that guy": We had one customer's gun at our range go full auto, RELIABLY, due to one of ol' Nick's "trigger jobs", one gun completely fail to fire after "Nick worked the trigger over", he had his Glock Armorer cert pulled (gee, wonder why?) so he finds rinky dink certifications that he can plaster upon his customer base/website that seems impressive, the few times I've overheard the guy, he claims to have worked on the Marshal Service pistols regularly, including several "entities he is not at liberty to discuss" and full auto tends to be the phrase of the day with him on these amazing stories of gunsmithing. He wows customers with crazy tales of Walter Mitty level gibberish, then the guns he worked on act crazy. Told one customer the ammo he was using was out of spec (after barrel replacement), in which the customer retorted that WWB 9mm isn't "out of spec" before the barrel change. Etc... etc...

Funny thing is, he gets JUST ENOUGH guns running correctly that he isn't completely disparaged and seems to have a following of folks that appreciate his services and such. I MIGHT buy parts from him, but after our range customer's gun going full auto, I don't think I'll even trust parts from the dude.

So, which Glock Armorer was this? Glock Doc or The Glock Center? I had Truglo sights, extended mag release and slide release all installed at the Glock Doc booth on Friday. Guy seemed very friendly and pretty competent as well, though I'm thinking maybe I'm glad I passed on a trigger job.

jocmurph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Indy Northside
    What are you all having done to your triggers? I am fairly new to guns, and recently bought my first Glock G26 Gen3. I like it, but I am interested to see what all I can do to upgrade it. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    The Glock Doc always has TetraLube available.
    I buy that from him when I am getting low.
    As far as I'm concerned, anything he can do, I can do myself, so I don't use his services.

irishanimal917

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just curious??? Does he have a legitimate certification (of any kind) to work on glocks? I've seen his booth every time I've been out to the show and have contemplated having him do work. If he's certified he stands behind his work right? I understand from reading here that there have been both good and bad results that arise from his work.

So that being the case, who exactly is the best glock-armorer around Indy (hands down) to perform trigger & sight mods and are they certified to work on glocks and will they stand behind their custom work 100%. Thanks for the input ahead of time.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just curious??? Does he have a legitimate certification (of any kind) to work on glocks? I've seen his booth every time I've been out to the show and have contemplated having him do work. If he's certified he stands behind his work right? I understand from reading here that there have been both good and bad results that arise from his work.

So that being the case, who exactly is the best glock-armorer around Indy (hands down) to perform trigger & sight mods and are they certified to work on glocks and will they stand behind their custom work 100%. Thanks for the input ahead of time.

I take my stuff to Charlie (NHT3) who is at USDS on Saturdays.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sorry about that. If you hit the link other dave posted, you'll see they're at County Line and 37. Just down the road for me and Charlie is great for all your Glock Armorer needs :)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I like it, but I am interested to see what all I can do to upgrade it.

To help with ergonomics, I replaced the frame on my Glock 27 with one from an M&P. To avoid compatability issues, I went ahead and replaced the slide as well. Since I was already so deep in this gunsmithing project, I decided to convert it to 9mm while I was at it.

I was even able to recoup most of my costs by selling off the old Glock parts!

Here's my favorite Glock of all time... A Glock 27 converted to 9mm and built with all S&W parts:

Smith_Wesson_MP9_Pro_Blog.jpg

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    To help with ergonomics, I replaced the frame on my Glock 27 with one from an M&P. To avoid compatability issues, I went ahead and replaced the slide as well. Since I was already so deep in this gunsmithing project, I decided to convert it to 9mm while I was at it.

I was even able to recoup most of my costs by selling off the old Glock parts!

Here's my favorite Glock of all time... A Glock 27 converted to 9mm and built with all S&W parts:

Smith_Wesson_MP9_Pro_Blog.jpg

:rofl:

Top Bottom