• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    For what it's worth.. I've never really liked any of the Glocks I've fired (a 17c, a 26, and a 19). Of them all, Lars reminds me I liked the 26 the best because it fit my hand better than any of the others. I didn't like Fenway's Glock because the grip was too rough and tore into the fleshy part of my hand, especially in the recoil. With all of them, I remember my hand not fitting around it very well (I have small hands).

With the Sigs (in case you've forgotten, I have both a Mosquito and a P226, so Lars's poor wrist can use my Mosquito when it's feeling wimpy), I really like the way both feel in my hand. Bonus: I can operate the slides easily with minimal effort. (The day I bought the 226, there were some guns I handled that I couldn't even move the slide, let alone reach the slide lock to lock it back. I amused the counter guys quite a bit when I started asking to look at ten different pistols repeatedly.)

While Mike tells me I shoot well, I still don't shoot well enough for me to say this gun is more accurate than that gun. (Although I did shoot a few rounds through a Kimber 1911 in .45 today, and THAT was pretty darn accurate compared to our small collection that I have been shooting. *swoons*)

I think it also depends on what model you're looking at (not necessarily Glock vs. Sig as a whole, but like the Sig P226 vs. the P232). Example: we started looking at the gun counter at Cabela's because I was interested in looking at some of the smaller Sigs (a la P232). However, as much as I was interested in the size and weight of that model, the slide release on it was a no-go for me. It was too different from the others I had been shooting already.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I know Lars has a soar wrist or whatever :):. Who knows where he got that.... But how the heck does the G19 hurt him but the massive HK .45 Tactical not? I shot his HK and there were too many buttons on the side of it for me. Too heavy. Too big. but it didn't hurt me :alcoholic:

Pami would you please feed that poor boy a steak. He needs to crack open a can of man while he is at it.

For what it's worth.. I've never really liked any of the Glocks I've fired (a 17c, a 26, and a 19). Of them all, Lars reminds me I liked the 26 the best because it fit my hand better than any of the others. I didn't like Fenway's Glock because the grip was too rough and tore into the fleshy part of my hand, especially in the recoil. With all of them, I remember my hand not fitting around it very well (I have small hands).

With the Sigs (in case you've forgotten, I have both a Mosquito and a P226, so Lars's poor wrist can use my Mosquito when it's feeling wimpy), I really like the way both feel in my hand. Bonus: I can operate the slides easily with minimal effort. (The day I bought the 226, there were some guns I handled that I couldn't even move the slide, let alone reach the slide lock to lock it back. I amused the counter guys quite a bit when I started asking to look at ten different pistols repeatedly.)

While Mike tells me I shoot well, I still don't shoot well enough for me to say this gun is more accurate than that gun. (Although I did shoot a few rounds through a Kimber 1911 in .45 today, and THAT was pretty darn accurate compared to our small collection that I have been shooting. *swoons*)

I think it also depends on what model you're looking at (not necessarily Glock vs. Sig as a whole, but like the Sig P226 vs. the P232). Example: we started looking at the gun counter at Cabela's because I was interested in looking at some of the smaller Sigs (a la P232). However, as much as I was interested in the size and weight of that model, the slide release on it was a no-go for me. It was too different from the others I had been shooting already.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    For all you babies who complain about the Glock grip I bet Cory from Nash Gun Works could reduce it and stipple grip it for you

Nash Gunwerx - Stippled Grips and Custom Finishes

That would require owning a Glock to have it reduced and stippled, now wouldn't it?

And I've been instructed to dump all my quickly-dwindling extraneous cash into trainings.

And I like Sigs.

That is all. :D

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    You will see the light soon enough Pami. ;) I think your Sig will work out great. Did you get the sights lined up better or was it just me?

That would require owning a Glock to have it reduced and stippled, now wouldn't it?

And I've been instructed to dump all my quickly-dwindling extraneous cash into trainings.

And I like Sigs.

That is all. :D

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Tragic Roller Skating accident when I was in fourth grade.
    I'll never fully recover. You could be a bit more sensitive Fenway.

*snicker*

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Tragic Roller Skating accident when I was in fourth grade.
    I'll never fully recover. You could be a bit more sensitive Fenway.

*snicker*

Oddly enough, he's actually not kidding about that. Well, at least about the Tragic Roller Skating accident. *shudders*

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Pami and I both seem to shoot the P226 to the center. She shoots it low, I don't. I think that inch to the left thing is just you Mike.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I love it!! Aren't I the red-headed step child for starting this Thread. I have been disappointed no one has brought up the price difference. To afford a Sig, we are talking a whole different tax bracket. Is the extra half inch on your 25 yard groups worth twice the price.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I love it!! Aren't I the red-headed step child for starting this Thread. I have been disappointed no one has brought up the price difference. To afford a Sig, we are talking a whole different tax bracket. Is the extra half inch on your 25 yard groups worth twice the price.

No.

But the extra half inch on the Glock's grip that's missing on the Sig is completely worth the price. (Ok, maybe it's not that much of a difference, but it DOES feel a LOT different to me.)

To be honest, that day, I was in a position where I didn't even look at the price tags until I had sold myself on the 226. It did take me a good half hour to talk myself into it again once I *did* see the price tag. But I think it was definitely a good investment, and that's how I see it. It was an investment piece that I'll keep and use for years, and I don't intend to collect and collect and collect just because I can. A girl has bills to pay, ya know, and bullets don't pay for themselves... yet. :P

shotbyspike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Sellersburg
    For all you babies who complain about the Glock grip I bet Cory from Nash Gun Works could reduce it and stipple grip it for you

Nash Gunwerx - Stippled Grips and Custom Finishes

I think the whole glock grip angle arguement gets blown out of proportion. Seriously, just point the gun and shoot.
    icon6.gif

And yes I've shot and held other guns in my extensive experience of a year and a half of collecting guns.

Last edited:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX

used:
    Sig Sauer P225/P6 (9mm) $259.95
    Glock 19 (9mm) $250 - $500 on gunbroker.com

New:
    ok, the Sig is about 50% more expensive than a Glock. In the lifetime of either firearm, you'll never notice.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I love everything about GLOCK. they feel natural in my hand and instinctive shooting is a breeze. and about Ka-boom, it wont happen if you dont use re-loads...

Glock21 - its time that you changed ur username, you keep making bad comments about Glocks.

If you want to thread the needle use the Sig
    If you want to blow away the needle and the little old lady holding the needle get a Glock!

:do2::biggun:

You're confusing honest, for bad. I can come up with a list for most other pistols, as well. And I never said any of my points were universal for all users, just SOME. :)

Top Bottom