• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Glocks are a proven platform, they are extremely reliable, and yes inexpensive compared to Sigs.
    To me Sigs are big and clunky, much easier to carry and run a Glock. Plus unless you buy a short reset trigger for your Sig, they have a long pull and reset.
    Glocks don't.

Are Police Departments on a budget? Yes of course they are, Glocks are also easier to train people on, that may not be "gun people" such as Female officers as well as some Men.
    They have fewer buttons and levers, a complete different manual of arms than a Sig.
    I've owned both brands for years, in the past 3 years sold all of my Sigs but one, a P238.
    I went from ONE Glock to FIVE in the past few years.

Just my .02 FWIW, YMMV

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Proud of you spook...One of your first posts and you got to 12 pages....Harleyrider even sent me an email said to give you an "attaboy"....

Welcome to INGO...Glad to have you....

Lol where did that guy go to? I used to enjoy cuddling up to the fireplace with a bottle of bourbon and a blanket and deciphering one of his post for the evening

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    "I can or wouldn't pay no more than $250 for a Glock."

"Pssh..I wouldn't pay more than $100."

"I got my Glock from a lick and a stick."

Good for all of you.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I'm glad I'm forced to carry a glock. If I had the choice in what to carry, it'd still be a glock. Point, pull the trigger, repeat.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Lol where did that guy go to? I used to enjoy cuddling up to the fireplace with a bottle of bourbon and a blanket and deciphering one of his post for the evening

He stops by the shop when he makes it down to the river a couple of times a year...A wonderful human being and big hearted...He lurks around INGO and will send me an email to offer his thoughts on the thread...Every now and again in honor of him I will channel Harleyrider and respond to a thread in his fashion...

I was his translator for the Canadians north of Columbus....:)

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    its called supply and demand and no back ground check....HAHAH but its true...gun owners like no paper trail. Every gun owner has a few off the books - just saying
    Can someone please tell me why used glocks go for what they do? Don't give me that "they're a awesome gun, they're the ak of the pistol world crap either." I own glocks, I own 1911s I love them both. I'm not a glock hater just the used prices are ridiculous.

Bottom line is you have a plastic injection mold frame, a "square" slide that takes nothing to machine, minimal parts oh and by the way they're not a collectors gun THERE IS MILLIONS out there... Its not like they're in short supply. They shouldn't cost more than $250 new out the door to begin with for what it takes to manufacture them.

So please explain to me why you think your used glock should cost only $50 less than what I can buy them for new..... Can we all please come down off our high horses on these used guns? Please!

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    when he gets to 50 then he can ask what taurus/high point/or jiminez should i buy my wife after I get my tavor paid for :):
    Gentlemen I keep seeing this 50 comments post nonsense and I want to make things very clear, that is not why I'm here. And really I think its a silly rule for this very reason. It instills the mindset that people race for the 50 just to buy/sell guns. Not saying some don't! But for gods sake drop it because it really kills the buzz of the ones that do want to participate. The real reason I'm here is for the gunsmithing and some legal info. Quite frankly I really haven't seen anything to my liking on the classifieds anyways. Most likely that will only happen once in a blue moon. Someone that knows me personally such as Indiucky knows I have a very particular taste in firearms. I have all the new stuff that every shop just about carries anymore so really it takes the old or the one off stuff to catch my eye. I find a lot of beauty in a firearm that has complex mechanics good or bad because of the mind it took to think up something like that.

That being said 223 Gunner challenging me to lead by example in selling my current glocks I own probably wont happen for the simple reason I never sell. I'm in the triple digits on guns for that very reason. Also I've never paid over $350 for one for LNIB. Ones I've purchased only had a single mag through them and were only in the original owners possession for about a month at the longest. Now as far as buying goes no I will not pay the price. I have already wrote the G code program for an aluminum lower that I'll make in a CNC. The slide I'll just do it on the manual machines. I'll have a plastic free glock for half the price of a store bought.

So for those that posted the "well don't buy one if you don't like the price" comments. I wont, I'll make one.
    Those that posted comments that were actually thought out and showed some form of intelligence, especially the gentleman that posted the graph. Bravo! Hats off to you!

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    somebody got owned with this post
    Master Mechanical engineering degree U oF L speed school. Also currently working as a Tool and Die maker. So quite a bit actually:):

View attachment 64014

Made every piece by hand on manual machines from scratch. Flatness, perpendicularity and parallelesm (GD&T: Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) is held to .00005” on the base. In case your wondering

some may call BS on .00005” but here’s an example of what I make

View attachment 64016
    View attachment 64017

Now I am nothing compared to the Master Tool Makers I work with, I have a lot to learn yet but I’d say I’m pretty decent at what I do. So please Let’s have a mature conversation..

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    used glocks go for 425-450, really old glocks go for 400 -425, i would pay full price for a rtf(fish gill) glock 17 that i sold a while back and should not have sold.
    There is demand for quality weapons that require no paperwork-almos everybody wants them but no one will admit. This creates demand and keeps the price high. Also, as a real estate appraiser, I can tell you list price does not equal sold price/value. Often what you see as the asking price as significantly higher than the sold price.

Top Bottom