• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I had a customer a couple of years ago that discovered a water leak upon their return from vacation.
    They had a 3/4" line burst, and sprayed water for almost a month!
    They received a water bill for more than $800.
    I never thought about what kind of damage water from a faucet can do. My grown nephew had a brand new house and a cat the wife really likes. They set up an automated feeder for the cat before they left for vacation. The cat turned on the hot water upstairs in a bi level home that is fully finished. It may have ran two weeks. Bamboo flooring, subfloors and underlayment ruined., drywall upstairs hurt, drywall on the whole lower ruined. Insulation, Carpets, furniture etc. Dealing with the insurance was almost a year, and now they cannot get the flooring to match the upstairs, and cannot get contractors to show up to work on it. etc, etc.

He still has that cat. Every knob in his house is rubber banded to the off position.

He still has the cat ?!?!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I never thought about what kind of damage water from a faucet can do. My grown nephew had a brand new house and a cat the wife really likes. They set up an automated feeder for the cat before they left for vacation. The cat turned on the hot water upstairs in a bi level home that is fully finished. It may have ran two weeks. Bamboo flooring, subfloors and underlayment ruined., drywall upstairs hurt, drywall on the whole lower ruined. Insulation, Carpets, furniture etc. Dealing with the insurance was almost a year, and now they cannot get the flooring to match the upstairs, and cannot get contractors to show up to work on it. etc, etc.

He still has that cat. Every knob in his house is rubber banded to the off position.

He still has the cat ?!?!
    Are they 100% sure it was the cat?

the_wet_bandits_-_solo_en_casa--i:14138575508114138520;x:20;w:520;m:1.jpg

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom