• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    You do realize you can opt out of NRA mailing with one simple phone call, don't you?
    Why do so many people bellyache about this?
    Don't want to give? DON'T!
    Don't want mailings? Opt out!

NRA is a money-making machine. They send out donation requests in mass, figuring people will respond, and if not, oh well. So much for being good stewards of the monies they generate huh? I have a few bones to pick with them, and this is one of them. But that`s just me.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    GOA sends emails and mailers monthly, or oftentimes more frequently, in regards to legislation involving gun rights, and the only thing NRA sends is donation requests. I`m a Life-Endowment NRA member, and have been a member for more than 38 years, but IMO, GOA is head and shoulders better than NRA.
    Better at what?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I support it as long as it's done through the "full faith and credit" clause of the US Constitution.
    I would never trust any federal permit scheme.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I don't get any mailings or emails for money or products from NRA, but I get alerts from ILA regularly.

I have nothing against GOA, but your OP seemed argumentative, Gregr.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    At everything NRA does, other than sending out requests for donations. Oh, I forgot, in my opinion.

You started the thread, why don't you give something more specific than what they mail out? Your opinion must be based on something more than mass mailings

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    NRA is a money-making machine. They send out donation requests in mass, figuring people will respond, and if not, oh well. So much for being good stewards of the monies they generate huh? I have a few bones to pick with them, and this is one of them. But that`s just me.

Yes, that is how mass mailings and fund raising work. If they were not effective, they would not transpire.

What on earth is GOA better at? GOA is invisible on Capitol Hill and in the states.

Give us example of GOA doing something better than NRA.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I don't have anything against the NRA or GOA. They both do good work on our behalf but the NRA does get quite a bit more attention throughout D.C.:twocents:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    GOA sends emails and mailers monthly, or oftentimes more frequently, in regards to legislation involving gun rights, and the only thing NRA sends is donation requests. I`m a Life-Endowment NRA member, and have been a member for more than 38 years, but IMO, GOA is head and shoulders better than NRA.

If you're not receiving emails/updates about legislative actions, you're not signed up to receive them.
    I get updates daily...

www.nraila.org

www.nrapvf.org

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Yes, that is how mass mailings and fund raising work. If they were not effective, they would not transpire.

What on earth is GOA better at? GOA is invisible on Capitol Hill and in the states.

Give us example of GOA doing something better than NRA.

I like GOA much more than NRA. It`s my opinion...

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

I'm with gregr on this one. GOA interacts and informs me to all kinds of legislation, contact representatives is easy with quick "letters to my reps" and all the new legislation being proposed on both sides.
    GOA does have a lot of lawyers working lawsuits and helping protect individual's rights.
    I don't choose one over the other as far as donations and enrollment but I am quite impressed with the GOA. I really do suggest subscribing to the GOA Alerts and news letters.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm with gregr on this one. GOA interacts and informs me to all kinds of legislation, contact representatives is easy with quick "letters to my reps" and all the new legislation being proposed on both sides.
    GOA does have a lot of lawyers working lawsuits and helping protect individual's rights.
    I don't choose one over the other as far as donations and enrollment but I am quite impressed with the GOA. I really do suggest subscribing to the GOA Alerts and news letters.

Please refer to the links in post #33 of this thread...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'll have an open mind and listen - what led you to this conclusion?

Any reason why that you'd like to share or are you recanting from your original statement about being "head and shoulders above NRA"?

And are we comparing the NRA to the GOA, or just the NRA-ILA? The latter may be for fair comparison, because AFAIK, the GOA doesn't provide any training, any competitions, any exhibitions, etc., etc.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Based upon . . . ?

Tell us what the GOA does better, what the GOA does head and shoulders above the NRA?

So much of NRA hate in the gun culture is based on rationalizing free riding behavior, so I am very curious when people say "X is better than the NRA".

Please enlighten us.

Top Bottom