• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Giving an early warning to anyone wearing Google Glass(es)... if you're looking at me, I am to assume you're recording me, and you will be receiving a crowbar to the face.

Ignoring the legal ramifications...

The presence of a camera changes how everyone acts. Do you expect hippies with their Google Glasses to give you a bit of extra attention when carrying? How will you react when someone is staring at (recording) you?

I'm not partial to the idea of being recorded, at all... nor my picture taken without my consent... But this Google Glass crap is going to change a lot of things in the public. Some places are already saying they will not allow them inside their establishment (sound familiar to anyone?)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. If you commit Battery with a Deadly Weapon, you cannot have guns.

Don't be hitting nobody with nothing.

2. If you want to avoid hippies, go to the range, they are not there.:D

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    Giving an early warning to anyone wearing Google Glass(es)... if you're looking at me, I am to assume you're recording me, and you will be receiving a crowbar to the face.

Ignoring the legal ramifications...

The presence of a camera changes how everyone acts. Do you expect hippies with their Google Glasses to give you a bit of extra attention when carrying? How will you react when someone is staring at (recording) you?

I'm not partial to the idea of being recorded, at all... nor my picture taken without my consent... But this Google Glass crap is going to change a lot of things in the public. Some places are already saying they will not allow them inside their establishment (sound familiar to anyone?)

you start swinging crowbars at people and you will meet either the police or another LTCH holder.

i do not behave any different while im being recorded. im not breaking the law or doing anything wrong, why should i change my behavior?

if you dont like being recorded you shouldnt be in public in the first place. every store or place of business you go to has cameras now days.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    success_baby.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is the start of bad things. I see no plus in these glasses except posibly filming a crime in process and the perp being identified. On the back side of this I can see folks getting punched in the "Google" glasses.
    Not sure how I will respond to these.
    I CC for the privacy. If someone is oggle-Googling my EDC it may not end well depending.
    Privacy or not I want to be left the hell alone.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    There are already tons of places where photography and video recording are off-limits (movie theaters and many museums, for instance). Glass-wearers will likely get a rude awakening when they try strolling into a theater.

It also appears that these only work with network access. So, that would greatly limit the locations where it is "useful".

I'd likely ignore strangers walking around with these. Just like I ignore folks with smartphones.

I'd also be asking folks I'm talking with to either remove the device, or I'm not sticking around. Sorry. Its creepy.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Guys...hidden cameras on a person is not a new concept. It's been around forever.

If someone wanted to walk around recording everything, they could easily and inexpensively do so in a manner that is less obvious than these glasses.

Think about it....your smartphone will probably have more memory than one of these, do people leave theirs recording audio or video 24/7 just for the heck of it?

Chill.

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    This is the start of bad things. I see no plus in these glasses except posibly filming a crime in process and the perp being identified. On the back side of this I can see folks getting punched in the "Google" glasses.
    I CC for the privacy. If someone is oggle-Googling my EDC it may not end well depending.

people said the same things about cell phones, cell phones with cameras, and camcorders.

you can ***** and moan all you want, Indiana is a one party state. if someone wants to record you there is not a damn thing you can do about it. if you cause a big fuss about it they WILL record you and label you as a crazy guy with a gun. ignore it and go on about your business.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    The LEO baiters will be lining up around the block for these things. :):

The privacy part of it? Yeah, if you're in public, you're in public. There is no privacy. Ask the paparazzi about that one.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Coming from someone who has worked in several supermarkets, the likelihood of you being "unwatched" in all of my stores combined, would be in one aisle. So good luck with not wanting to be recorded. Everything we do anymore is public record, including your post about hitting someone with a crow bar.

Randrayla

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Cant believe how upset you guys are about Google Glass. Its a really neat product and just like smartphones, its going to be something that will make life easier and more fun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    people said the same things about cell phones, cell phones with cameras, and camcorders.

you can ***** and moan all you want, Indiana is a one party state. if someone wants to record you there is not a damn thing you can do about it. if you cause a big fuss about it they WILL record you and label you as a crazy guy with a gun. ignore it and go on about your business.

Probably the best advice.

I will still bet there will be some video of a fist just before it makes contact with someones nose. Not everyone deals with these things well.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Probably the best advice.

I will still bet there will be some video of a fist just before it makes contact with someones nose. Not everyone deals with these things well.

I am fairly certain these conversations would take a different track if done FTF. A keyboard has a way of increasing ones ability in the bravery and or stupidity department. Just like beer.

Top Bottom