Government usurpation of authority during the Covid 19 PANIC.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decide

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    As many know, I'm not religious person. However, I understand the importance of worship and what it means to people. I'm not breaking up a church service. Nope... I also could not care less about people out driving and minding their own business. In fact, as long as you don't get into my personal space, carry on.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Denny, although I sometimes complain about things done by corrupt police and officials, I am of the opinion that NONE of our INGO officers would be in that category.

Thank you for your service.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The thing that has shocked me the most in all of this...

I side with the federal government over the states, because the federal government actually believes in a higher degree of freedom than the states do.
    I would have never imagined, ever, this would be the case.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am just a bit more ticked at my Church for knucking under, than I am at the gubmint violating God'sCommandment to assemble.

Swat teams sent to Churches would not be a good optic for politicians.

How about making lists? You know who else made lists?
    (verified by my pastor's daughter who is active in church ops in KC)
    "Churchgoers Must Register With the Government in Kansas City"

https://lc.org/newsroom/details/20200501churchgoers-must-register-with-the-government-in-kansas-city

Actually, not exactly, but just as bad. (sloppy headline) The church must log everyone's name address and phone number of who attends service or is in the building >10 minutes and when they came and went. And apparently sending those lists to a govt agency.

Over the past two weeks my church has been having multiple services throughout the week with 10 people allowed per service to stay under the recommended guidelines. I think they held 37 services this week.

Fortunately starting Monday services will be "allowed" to open back up.

Lucky. Our bishop has erred on the side of extreme caution. We were immediately forced to halt all services, and not even worship teams could be on stage with the pastor. Services were limited to pastors only. No bands, choirs, etc. (thank God for us our pastor is a music major and has a beautiful voice) So every sunday its her, me running the multimedia and streaming live, and her husband.

OK which one of you jackwagons voted security.
    Pack your stuff and meet me at the gate in 5 minutes.

Probably Alpo. :):

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would like to think this mess got started because leadership was scared the virus would overload the hospital system forcing somebody to make unpleasant choices about who got treatment and who didn't. I think we are well past that at this point and things need to normalize. My concern is that with the politicization of this many are looking at it as an opportunity to get paid for sitting around, even for a limited time. Others just taking the opposite of whatever direction President Trump wants to go. The "security" aspect of it I see as a cover for political or economic choices.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I would like to think this mess got started because leadership was scared the virus would overload the hospital system forcing somebody to make unpleasant choices about who got treatment and who didn't. I think we are well past that at this point and things need to normalize. My concern is that with the politicization of this many are looking at it as an opportunity to get paid for sitting around, even for a limited time. Others just taking the opposite of whatever direction President Trump wants to go. The "security" aspect of it I see as a cover for political or economic choices.

Winner...

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Do I believe in Social Distancing being necessary to curb the virus? Yep. However, what the government should have done was advise and frankly, ask nicely. Its also ok to admonish those who display unsafe behavior. Call them out. Shame them even, if you want. But don't arrest, fine tme, or violate their constitutional rights, which I believe include the right to work and try to provide for their families.

I've taken measures to prevent my elderly mother-in-law, who lives with us, from getting sick. But it was my wife and I who decided to do it. I don't take kindly to being forced.

That's my humble opinion. Flame away, if you'd like.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

"WINNING"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do I believe in Social Distancing being necessary to curb the virus? Yep. However, what the government should have done was advise and frankly, ask nicely. Its also ok to admonish those who display unsafe behavior. Call them out. Shame them even, if you want. But don't arrest, fine tme, or violate their constitutional rights, which I believe include the right to work and try to provide for their families.

I've taken measures to prevent my elderly mother-in-law, who lives with us, from getting sick. But it was my wife and I who decided to do it. I don't take kindly to being forced.

No flaming here. I pretty much agree with 90% of what you posted.
    I do not see social distancing as a preventative measure. JMHO of course.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

+10

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Agreed very scary to me to see some of the comments in COVID-19 pages for what most would assume are very freedom loving people. They are entitled to their opinions but I find my opinions are very different.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I’m not wearing a mask (bye bye Costco and Menards), I’m not doing their DNA robbing test, and I’m damn well not going to take their vaccine.

I’ll get my immunity the old fashioned way, got my zinc and quinine ready if I need it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I’m not wearing a mask (bye bye Costco and Menards), I’m not doing their DNA robbing test, and I’m damn well not going to take their vaccine.

I’ll get my immunity the old fashioned way, got my zinc and quinine ready if I need it.

:+1:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

I understand that eating hay prophilacticly as in your avatar works well too.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I pray that the actions of these little tin pot dictators get them kicked to the curb, but the memory of the sheep is short. In a competitive state like Michigan I think Whitmer is done, same for Northam. In a deep blue state like CA or NY I don't think enough swing voters exist to change things but you never know

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I pray that the actions of these little tin pot dictators get them kicked to the curb, but the memory of the sheep is short. In a competitive state like Michigan I think Whitmer is done, same for Northam. In a deep blue state like CA or NY I don't think enough swing voters exist to change things but you never know

Who's voting for Holcomb?

I plan on sending him a message, my own self. I see this as being very similar to when Democrats lost Congress after the Assault Weapon Ban of 94. We need to vote every single one of these sons of *****es out. Dick (Lugar) them. Joe Donnelly was only in office one term, and accomplished jack squat. The Governor of Indiana is only there four, and there is a Republican Majority. It's not personal Eric. You are simply non-essential.

There's a principle at play here, and if we don't get it right the first run-through, we are going to live our lives like this permanently from now on. Viruses are not going to go away, and the response that was deployed this time is going to become as automatic as calling for Federal disaster relief after a Hurricane, if we don't raise major hell about this. This needs to be made very, very painful on the Governors this time. Talking using crushed glass, icy-hot and tabasco. I suspect Holcomb is assuming Indiana is safely-enough Red to protect him. We need to put that assumption in serious play, and deposit him squarely on his seat. If politicians see the citizens of a Red State like Indiana do that, it's going to scare the crackers out of the ones in the Barney Dinosaur Purple ones.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom