Government usurpation of authority during the Covid 19 PANIC.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decide

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There's that old statist trope: 'any vote other than the duopoly of tyrants is a wasted vote', or alternately, 'any vote other than for (my party) splits the vote and allows the party I hate to win'.

I say a pox on both houses. Tyranny advances as easily under a GOP tyrant as it does under a commiecrat. The post-9/11 police state was erected under a purely GOP government. Holcomb is a Republican, and yet he is the one who violated the Constitution and deprived the Rights of all Hoosiers under color of law (which btw is a felony - a federal offense!) and the vast majority of Republicans are conservatives in name only. I will not play everyone's silly two-party games.

79f709d79ef15d6e.jpg

463505049599d3c2.jpg

The problem with that thinking is they don't care, they will play without you. You either have a seat at the table or you are dinner...

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    We were told "70% infection rate and 3% mortality rate". Did I believe social distancing was wise when this started? Heck yes! I believed we needed to slow rates down to prevent my Mom from suffocating in a hospital parking lot without getting any care. Well my neighbors Mom also (because I'm not a complete jerk). But we were not told the truth. If left completely unchecked we would never have seen such high rates. I now believe social distancing is the exact opposite of the right thing to do (excluding the high risk and vulnerable). We should have monitored hospitals and tried to keep them at the brink to race to herd immunity. You might ask what immunocompromised and high risk people should do? Never go any place for any reason. Virus gonna do virus thangs in sneaky virus ways and people will die just as it has been forever.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just a thought about voting for a third party that has no chance, and knowing what could happen with a democrat in charge of a red state.

Way back right after George Bush the First attacked my second amendment by banning "evil looking weapons" I was so disgusted that I voted for third party H. Ross Perot. I along with a few million others did what turned out to be really stupid, and we got 8 years of william jefferson clinton who banned many of my favorites by name and country.

Although the governor vote might not be as radical, I think I learned my lesson.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    Marion
    Just a thought about voting for a third party that has no chance, and knowing what could happen with a democrat in charge of a red state.

Way back right after George Bush the First attacked my second amendment by banning "evil looking weapons" I was so disgusted that I voted for third party H. Ross Perot. I along with a few million others did what turned out to be really stupid, and we got 8 years of william jefferson clinton who banned many of my favorites by name and country.

Although the governor vote might not be as radical, I think I learned my lesson.

So in other words you bought into the statist tropes of "the lesser of two evils" and "voting for anything but the lesser of two evils is somehow not evil". Congratulations, you just drank the statist koolaid. If everyone would STOP DRINKING THE DAMN KOOLAID & VOTE LIBERTY that wouldn't happen!!!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So in other words you bought into the statist tropes of "the lesser of two evils" and "voting for anything but the lesser of two evils is somehow not evil". Congratulations, you just drank the statist koolaid. If everyone would STOP DRINKING THE DAMN KOOLAID & VOTE LIBERTY that wouldn't happen!!!

I believe we are all on the same side, you just need to get critical mass that does not exist...

good luck...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Libertarians can't even elect legislators at national and state levels in states that are already staunchly conservative. If you can't make it happen in a friendly environment, where and when is it going to happen?

'Taxation is theft' blah blah 'legalize weed' blah blah. Show me that your 4% (high water mark) can do anything besides damage to actual conservative priorities. And for that you'll be remembered, just not as patriotic firebrands you imagine yourselves to be

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And now back to the original topic.

Many elected officials are discussing and proposing law to forcibly quarantine C-19 positive folks, tracking all their contacts and quarantining them as well.

Rush was so on it today. He asked folks to just imagine if in the HIV scare if anyone in government would have suggested that they were quarantining HIV positive folks, tracking all their contacts and quarantining them as well what the response would be?

Can you imagine the things the left would have said?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This is what they told us in HS health class that they would do with venereal diseases. Now they are protected by HIPPA.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So we either have 2 members being silly in the poll or those same 2 need to re-evaluate their views.

Maybe they need to just pack up and fine a less freedom oriented forum.....:):

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    So we either have 2 members being silly in the poll or those same 2 need to re-evaluate their views.

Maybe they need to just pack up and fine a less freedom oriented forum.....:):

I'm actually surprised it's only 2 at this point after perusing all the KungFlu threads, and other threads as well
    I agree wholeheartedly about the re-evaluation though

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Tyranny lite is still tyranny. And voting for 'the lesser of two evils' is still evil. If people would shatter the mind-prison that is the two-party narrative and realize that libertarianism doesn't mean the party you disfavor automatically wins, then we would all be a lot freer a lot sooner.

066c34bff4b2186d.jpg

That's just a copout.

You're still working through a system that has become inherently evil, casting a vote for nobody, and claiming your job is effectively done. At least people voting republican are actually working to stop the worst of potential outcomes from coming to pass.

If you've decided the 2 party system isn't good enough for you, there's one last way to vote that can't be discussed. If you aren't already fighting that war, you have no place to complain about people who are fighting the political war in a way that actually works inside the confines of the system.

If you want to throw your vote away, that's fine, but do not act like that makes you superior. It's still just nudging the needle to a republican or a democrat. The system doesn't care about your belief system or ideology. It is what it is, and that's the choices you are presented with. In the last election, the libertarian party was actually more openly hostile to the 2A than the republican ticket.

If you don't want tyranny lite, then start assembling, training, and arming your community, and actually fix the problem instead of complaining.

Libertarians can't even elect legislators at national and state levels in states that are already staunchly conservative. If you can't make it happen in a friendly environment, where and when is it going to happen?

'Taxation is theft' blah blah 'legalize weed' blah blah. Show me that your 4% (high water mark) can do anything besides damage to actual conservative priorities. And for that you'll be remembered, just not as patriotic firebrands you imagine yourselves to be

It's a party for people who want to talk a big game, but refuse to show up on game day. It's pathetic, and just an excuse to be politically lazy.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It really is bonkers. The entire country including the courts is spontaneously pretending the 1A doesn't exist.

You guys can't vote anymore. Public health. All your guns are gone now. Public health. No more protesting the government, ever. Public health. Tyrants of the world are rejoicing at the discovery of these two simple words that invalidate everyone's rights.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It really is bonkers. The entire country including the courts is spontaneously pretending the 1A doesn't exist.

You guys can't vote anymore. Public health. All your guns are gone now. Public health. No more protesting the government, ever. Public health. Tyrants of the world are rejoicing at the discovery of these two simple words that invalidate everyone's rights.

It's a benefit for accelerationism.

You can only push people into a corner so far before even the most timid of people starts fearing for their life or their family's life.
    All this is doing is showing the average person what we've all known all along, the constitution is just a piece of paper and not a magical barrier.
    You're responsible for your own rights, individually, and you must defend and uphold your rights individually. Consequences for doing so may include arrest, prison, or death. Consequences for not doing so, after enough time, include the same list of risks.
    Game
    Set
    Match

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    San Antonio City Council Labels Term ‘Chinese Virus’ As ‘Hateful Speech

After the San Antonio City Council in Texas unanimously passed a resolution calling use of the terms ‘Chinese virus’ and ‘Kung Fu Virus’ to describe COVID-19 “hateful speech,” writing that the city would “prosecute and curb hate acts related to COVID-19."

Not only does the council not have the power to prosecute people for words they don't like, they are so out of touch that they don't realize the joke is to call it "Kung Flu," not the Kung Fu virus.

ETA: I read the actual resolution and it doesn't claim they will prosecute anyone for using the terms, only that they will prosecute for hate crimes related to COVID-19, whatever that means. So it appears this is much more about virtue signaling than actual unconstitutional law being created out of thin air. Still ridiculous.

Last edited:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uunj__9-vUE

Here's a 1/2 hour "fireside chat" with Dennis Prager. Except for some introductory silliness, thanking someone for socks for his dog, it's a through, concise, review of the "dress rehearsal for tyranny" that we're experiencing. He wraps it up saying that "Freedom is a value, not a condition, and I fear that we could lose our freedom in a generation because they have not been taught to value it."--like Reagan said. About the actual value of freedom, he says that the freedom we have is because people were willing to risk their lives to fight for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom